2020-2021 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
question for those accepted: does Rochester require a deposit to hold your spot or did we just have to accept their offer on the portal?

Members don't see this ad.

Any folks interviewing in early February heard back yet?/Is the 4-8 week window what you all are experiencing in reality post-II?

- A hopeful and excited human

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any folks interviewing in early February heard back yet?/Is the 4-8 week window what you all are experiencing in reality post-II?

- A hopeful and excited human
Late January and still haven't heard back. but hoping for some good news this week...

Reactions: 1 users
1615499441224.png

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Does anybody know how to update their application in Rochester's portal?

Does anybody know how to update their application in Rochester's portal?
I don't think you can change the pages that are already closed. You can upload updates via the "Document Upload" tab

anyone got their fin aid package/know when we should hear back?

So I just realized that the priority filing date for FAFSA, CSS profile was March 1 :( Do you think it would be okay for me to submit the css profile today?

So I just realized that the priority filing date for FAFSA, CSS profile was March 1 :( Do you think it would be okay for me to submit the css profile today?
no useful input here. but do you know if it had to be fully processed by march 1st? or just submitted by march 1st?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think it’s gonna make a difference. Just file it as soon as possible!

Does everyone get a UofR swag packet in the mail? Lol

anyone have any idea when 2/3 interviewees will hear back? getting impatient lol...

+1 first week of jan; hoping they're still actively considering us for an A instead of putting us in the R/WL pile since they've sent out WLs for dates after us
Might be speculation, but I feel if they already put us in that pile they would have already R'd/WL'd (especially since they have sent out WLs). We gotta stay positive :)

Might be speculation, but I feel if they already put us in that pile they would have already R'd/WL'd (especially since they have sent out WLs). We gotta stay positive :)
I agree wit the WL. My paranoia is if we're in the R pile since they havent sent out any post II Rs it seems. But hey; go big or go home i guess

Isn't there someone who calls admission offices to check about admission updates? Could we get that person to call Rochester for us haha

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
so i was just bored and curious... are you guys expecting anymore direct acceptances during their next round of decisions? or just waitlists. there isn't much activity on last year's thread from march and beyond

• Sad
so i was just bored and curious... are you guys expecting anymore direct acceptances during their next round of decisions? or just waitlists. there isn't much activity on last year's thread from march and beyond
I think they'll be giving out more As. This cycle had many delays, and they haven't told us otherwise.

Any updates from the early February interview peeps? No news on my end this week. Really eager to know!

I think they'll be giving out more As. This cycle had many delays, and they haven't told us otherwise.

The fb group is at 284 people. Historically they accept like 300 including waitlist and I assume there are a bunch of current students in the group as well.

What day of the week do admissions decisions tend to go out? Dying of anticipation over here...

Reactions: 3 users
What day of the week do admissions decisions tend to go out? Dying of anticipation over here...
this cycle there have been mondays, tuesdays, thursdays and Fridays

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when second look is? Hoping to hear back about Feb interviews before it happens

Does anyone know when second look is? Hoping to hear back about Feb interviews before it happens
"Rochester's Virtual Second Look will be held on April 16-17, 2021. Details are still evolving and specifics will be shared as soon as they have been confirmed."

has anyone gotten A for the Levitan Scholarship?

Today marks 8 weeks since my interview with Rochester. I caved and decided to email admissions asking for any information with when they anticipate releasing more post II decisions, will post if I hear back.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED!! First of the cycle 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭. Interviewed 2/4. Love to all of you

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Still waiting 🥺🥺🥺 I think it’s an R for me at this point

• Care
Reactions: 4 users