2017-2018 University of Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haha damn dude, I was about to ask if you were actually on the WL at Case, cause I was ready to try to go through with this...

Odds are small to begin with even if we both had opposite WL/acceptances. But without you having even interviewed there, there's no chance in hell that a school would accept you just because you have an acceptance to another school.
Not only did i not interview I didn’t even apply to case haha. It definitely woulda been a interesting thing to try out if i was waitlisted. I feel like it just might work :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not only did i not interview I didn’t even apply to case haha. It definitely woulda been a interesting thing to try out if i was waitlisted. I feel like it just might work :p

I have a waitlist at case and sitting on some acceptances. Would be willing to trade u an acceptance at a school of your choice for the acceptance to Rochester and you could have my waitlist at case. Then you trade my waitlist at case and Rochester acceptance for OPs acceptance at case and Rochester WL. Then OP can trade his waitlist at Rochester for my acceptance to Rochester and then I’ll trade my waitlist at Rochester for an acceptance to Case. And then I’ll submit a new LOR and LOI to Rochester and hopefully they’ll take me off the WL and then we can exchange back at the end.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a waitlist at case and sitting on some acceptances. Would be willing to trade u an acceptance at a school of your choice for the acceptance to Rochester and you could have my waitlist at case. Then you trade my waitlist at case and Rochester acceptance for OPs acceptance at case and Rochester WL. Then OP can trade his waitlist at Rochester for my acceptance to Rochester and then I’ll trade my waitlist at Rochester for an acceptance to Case. And then I’ll submit a new LOR and LOI to Rochester and hopefully they’ll take me off the WL and then we can exchange back at the end.
Well when do we get started? :D

Members don't see this ad :)

This is crazy enough that it just might work :laugh:

Has there been zero WL movement at Rochester so far this year?

When I called a couple weeks ago, they mentioned that nobody has been accepted off the waitlist, but the class is also full at the moment. Guess they protected their yield really well this year...

Here's to hoping some accepted peeps get poached by other schools in the coming weeks! :whistle:

so is WL movement over for everyone?

Got the email saying it's over but I was in the top 12% of interviewees. I'm wondering if it's over for everyone or for those who didn't make, say, the top 5%

Got the email saying it's over but I was in the top 12% of interviewees. I'm wondering if it's over for everyone or for those who didn't make, say, the top 5%
I did not get an email, where do you see your interview percentile?

I didn't get the email and am on the WL. Does that mean my application is still being considered and WL may still happen?

Anyone volunteer to call to ask is WL movement over for everyone?

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year they interviewed 604 people for 104 spots, 12% of 604 is 72....Assuming they interviewed similar number of applicants if you guys were in the top 12 percent why weren’t you accepted???

Last year they interviewed 604 people for 104 spots, 12% of 604 is 72....Assuming they interviewed similar number of applicants if you guys were in the top 12 percent why weren’t you accepted???
Dr. Nobay then went on to write that they had to "identify those who we think will be the best match for our school and our mission." Those who got the email probably interviewed very well but didn't fully convince them that it's a match made in heaven. UR is definitely a school that tries to get as cogent a class as possible. I do feel like I wouldn't have fully fit in, at least. That's my 2 cents.

I read the email as the top 12% of the overall applicant pool (~6000) who received an interview. If they interviewed ~700 people, this interpretation might make more sense

Dr. Nobay then went on to write that they had to "identify those who we think will be the best match for our school and our mission." Those who got the email probably interviewed very well but didn't fully convince them that it's a match made in heaven. UR is definitely a school that tries to get as cogent a class as possible. I do feel like I wouldn't have fully fit in, at least. That's my 2 cents.

I read the email as the top 12% of the overall applicant pool (~6000) who received an interview. If they interviewed ~700 people, this interpretation might make more sense

You both got the email as well?

This is probably the correct interpretation. There's no way that Rochester stratifies each personalized interview into percentiles like some MMI schools do. It would also be weird af that 1) everyone who got the email happened to be at the same percentile, and 2) that someone in the top 12% of interviewees wouldn't get an acceptance when we know the conversion rate is probably around 30-40%.

I haven't gotten the email, either. Unsure whether it's a blessing or a curse at this point...

Withdrew from the wait list. Good luck to those waiting it out!

Withdrew my acceptance. Goodluck everyone. This is an amazing school