2017-2018 University of Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
No essays or prompts.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Submitted today. Seems like an awesome school! Best of luck to everyone applying!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all, I am the Army Healthcare recruiter that covers URMC. Good look on applying this year! Let me know if you have any questions about the HPSP scholarship or need contacts for the school. Anyway I can assist let me know!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just recieved and submitted the secondary!

@gyngyn No essays or prompts, just a couple of checkboxes and a $100 fee :angelic:

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know if I prefer secondaries like this or not. I am going to be drowning in essays here shortly, so it's nice not to add to it; but at the same time if kind of feels like I'm just giving away money....

I don't know if I prefer secondaries like this or not. I am going to be drowning in essays here shortly, so it's nice not to add to it; but at the same time if kind of feels like I'm just giving away money....
I've done 22 secondaries so far. I am so excited to not write any essays

Secondary received. I accidentally hit pay by check, does anyone know how I can pay normally instead?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is probably a really dumb question, but how do I pay? I'm on the "Application Fee" tab and there's no button anywhere to click.

Anybody else having trouble with the portal? When I go to the Application Fee tab, there are no links or buttons for me to click to pay the fee. It just says "Please click return button after you submit your payment in order to finish whole payment process. "

This is probably a really dumb question, but how do I pay? I'm on the "Application Fee" tab and there's no button anywhere to click.

Just saw this. Ya I'm having the same problem.

Having trouble clicking anything. None of the circles will "fill in" if I click them – safari, chrome, and firefox.

I actually can't click anything either so weird lol I may try later on in the day, has anyone called about this issue?
Having trouble clicking anything. None of the circles will "fill in" if I click them – safari, chrome, and firefox.

They sent an email saying that the portal is down for the time being and that they would update once it's back up. In case anyone didn't see it and is wondering why they can't click anything.

Secondary received 7/7/17 and submitted 7/9/17. I never received a notification that the portal was working again, but I obviously had no trouble this weekend.

Secondary received 7/7/17 and submitted 7/9/17. I never received a notification that the portal was working again, but I obviously had no trouble this weekend.

+1. Probably should have posted here about that. Oops.

Receipt of completion this am, seems like they're doing just fine with the portal now lol

Did anyone recently get a pamphlet in the mail with a paper explaining how to do the secondary?

Did anyone recently get a pamphlet in the mail with a paper explaining how to do the secondary?
Yup, waste of paper honestly. The brochure was cool though. Unfortunately, college admissions had conditioned me to think Big Envelope from school = good news.

I got one. I love U of R, but it was not a useful piece of mail. I used it to light the kindling on my grill.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Anyone get any interview invitations yet??

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I am applying for Americorps and have my third interview. Is it worth holding back submitting the secondary until I possibly receive the position to check the box? Or will it not really boost my app

I am applying for Americorps and have my third interview. Is it worth holding back submitting the secondary until I possibly receive the position to check the box? Or will it not really boost my app

I think they don't want you to check it unless you've actually started it. Even if you were accepted but didn't start yet I don't think that would count. Not sure what they use it for though, maybe its to sort through who to view first?

I think they don't want you to check it unless you've actually started it. Even if you were accepted but didn't start yet I don't think that would count. Not sure what they use it for though, maybe its to sort through who to view first?

You are correct I misread it. It specifically says not to check if it is a future activity. Thank you!

II this morning!!! Secondary complete 7/7.

Reactions: 2 users
Stats-
MCAT:513 GPA: 4.0

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Last edited:
Just got an II

II!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Congrats to everyone who got II's so far! Is anyone who got one applying for MSTP?

I added this school last weekend. Still haven't got one. Should I email to get a secondary just in case they forgot me?

I added this school last weekend. Still haven't got one. Should I email to get a secondary just in case they forgot me?

Took them a few days for me, no worries! I'm sure you'll get one soon.