2017-2018 University of Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Application complete early July. II earlier this week. First available dates where in mid-November.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an acceptance!! Interviewed 8/31, LizzyM 68.

Reactions: 8 users
Just got acceptance email!! Interviewed mid-late September!!

Reactions: 5 users
II!! :) Congrats to all who got accepted today!

Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted too. Thought both of my interviews there went really well :/

Last edited:
ACCEPTED!! It’s my first one and I literally broke down in tears of joy!!

Reactions: 6 users
II! :D
Complete 8/2, IS, and LM76

First acceptance!! :banana:Ahhhhh, so excited! :happy: :D
I loved this school during my interview!!:biglove:

Reactions: 7 users
Today is so lit with IIs and acceptances! Congrats everyone with great news!!

Not to rain on the parade but I also joined the WL crew :/

Make sure you articulate why you'd be a good fit at Rochester! I think that was my downfall

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I also interviewed September 21st and still haven't heard anything yet. All these acceptances/waitlists these past few days are making me constantly refresh my email though...

Reactions: 1 users
I also interviewed September 21st and still haven't heard anything yet. All these acceptances/waitlists these past few days are making me constantly refresh my email though...

Right there with ya, we'll be alright

Totally unexpected II today!

II this morning by email!! Complete 7/11, OOS Lizzy M ~73-75, no ties. Also for everyone's info there are some short essays due a week before the interview. Earliest dates in December

Reactions: 3 users
II on Monday! :) LM 75, complete 7/26

Hello,

Does anyone know if Rochester accepts updates? Still trying to get an II here...

Thank you!

Hello,

Does anyone know if Rochester accepts updates? Still trying to get an II here...

Thank you!

There's no section for it in the secondary portal, but could be worth a shot to email admissions! Good luck!

+1

was Sept-22 II here. No word yet. Good luck everyone!

Also interviewed 9/22... Still no word. They did say it's typically 6-8 weeks, though, so hope is still alive! Best of luck to everyone.

II today! LM 74.5, complete 9/27

Complete way back in July and still haven’t heard anything, do they put people on hold or is this a silent reject?

Complete way back in July and still haven’t heard anything, do they put people on hold or is this a silent reject?
Same, complete second week in july and crickets

II today complete 9/19 LM 70 OOS

II just now! Complete 8/30.
Dates available in December and January.

II just now! Complete early July

I don't think it's a silent reject: schools have a LOT of applications to read and it takes time. I submitted AMCAS the first day and secondaries mid-July and still haven't heard from over half of my schools. All the med students I've talked to have said that many of them/their classmates didn't interview at the school they matriculated at until after the new year. There's still plenty of time. :)

I don't think it's a silent reject: schools have a LOT of applications to read and it takes time. I submitted AMCAS the first day and secondaries mid-July and still haven't heard from over half of my schools. All the med students I've talked to have said that many of them/their classmates didn't interview at the school they matriculated at until after the new year. There's still plenty of time. :)

thanks, always helps to read a reassuring post :)

Reactions: 5 users
Wow I forgot I even applied here. Have there not been a lot of interviews or is it just sample bias?

Anyone with a late September interview get a decision yet?

Anyone with a late September interview get a decision yet?
No, but two of the friends I made the same day I interviewed were accepted like three weeks ago. Did they say it'd take 6-8 weeks to get a decision? If so we have like 2 weeks or so left.

No, but two of the friends I made the same day I interviewed were accepted like three weeks ago. Did they say it'd take 6-8 weeks to get a decision? If so we have like 2 weeks or so left.

interviewed 9/22, and still don't have a response. today is the 7 week mark. (but who's counting anyway...)