2017-2018 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That interesting to hear. UIC has been a great school to attend from my peers and people I know who go there. Granted, alot of them assume they would go somewhere else but money and education-wise, it felt like the best fit. The people I met on my interview day all sounded like they would love to attend UIC.

I am excited because UIC really focuses on diversity and serving underserved populations, two things I really care about in medicine.

Same, their match list is impressive too I thought. Plus, how do you get more diverse than Chicago!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
To those of you who interviewed last week, I can't remember what admissions told us about the date to expect a decision; did they tell us 20th or by the end of the month? I remember both dates being mentioned.

Members don't see this ad :)
That interesting to hear. UIC has been a great school to attend from my peers and people I know who go there. Granted, alot of them assume they would go somewhere else but money and education-wise, it felt like the best fit. The people I met on my interview day all sounded like they would love to attend UIC.

I am excited because UIC really focuses on diversity and serving underserved populations, two things I really care about in medicine.
Yeah, same reasons I like it as well. Well, I won't share specific convos I had lol but let's just say they were had on interview day. I loved it there so I'm glad to hear others did too and maybe I'm not crazy!

To those of you who interviewed last week, I can't remember what admissions told us about the date to expect a decision; did they tell us 20th or by the end of the month? I remember both dates being mentioned.
We were told if your interviewers turn in their reports/scores within the next day or two, you could hear by the 20th. If not, you may not hear til November after the next committee meeting.

We were told if your interviewers turn in their reports/scores within the next day or two, you could hear by the 20th. If not, you may not hear til November after the next committee meeting.
Ahh right thanks. And if I remember correctly, the only reason that they wouldn't hand them back would be if an issue come up with the interviewer. So hopefully we hear some good news by tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 user
yup, that's what they told us too. really hoping that all my interviewers turned in their reports! would love to hear back this month

Members don't see this ad :)
ya uic has been my only interview and i was ready to quit the whole cycle after monday

Anyone know how they will notify us if accepted? Additional correspondence + snail mail again?

Sooo how many times have you guys checked your portals today? :dead:

Does anyone know the protocol for thank you notes? email to admissions office? dont do them? email to professors after looking them up? hand written? completely forgot to ask!

Does anyone know the protocol for thank you notes? email to admissions office? dont do them? email to professors after looking them up? hand written? completely forgot to ask!

At our interview in Peoria they explicitly said do not send thank you notes

At our interview in Peoria they explicitly said do not send thank you notes

I didn't hear this at the Chicago interview. I doubt it's going to be the deal-breaker anyways.

I called earlier... the person who answered the phone said she wasn't sure but didn't think it would be today. She said she would bet on a non-interview day (Fridays are interview days)... sorry guys.

Reactions: 5 users
I called earlier... the person who answered the phone said she wasn't sure but didn't think it would be today. She said she would bet on a non-interview day (Fridays are interview days)... sorry guys.

Thanks for posting their response! I wasn't able to get in touch personally.

Awww bummers.

NOOOO :( Thanks for calling though!

Reactions: 2 users
Can confirm. :( Although the person said they were not sure when as it was more of a system error thing. Could be today.

Last edited:
oh my god this actually blows. i've never experienced anxiety at this level

System error? can you elaborate?
They just said they were having some unexpected problems with the system that may delay it. Nothing terribly specific about when we would get it. If it is automated I wouldn't be surprised if we got in non-working hours. Either way I'm giving up for the day.

They just said they were having some unexpected problems with the system that may delay it. Nothing terribly specific about when we would get it. If it is automated I wouldn't be surprised if we got in non-working hours. Either way I'm giving up for the day.
I see only darkness…

Reactions: 5 users
Side note since we're passing time anyway... I've noticed that other students I talked to on my interview and even students that went there kinda saw this school as a safety school but I'm actually really interested in it, and it's been high on my list since day 1 (even though I'm OOS). There are very few programs in the country with such great rural health programs and this year, they've even started this Rural & Global health program, which is like both of my interests combined. It does make me nervous, and think like am I crazy for liking this place? to know so many people decline their invitations (i.e. they admit 500+ students for 280 slots) and to hear so many people kinda talk down about it. Anyone else have similar experience? Is it because there's no scholarships? What am I missing?

Those interviewees can fite me irl bruh. I think it's an amazing school with interesting programs. Something like UMED is only enhanced by being in the city and so close to downtown. When I took a tour of it, everyone just seemed so incredibly focused. At least that's my impression. They also revamped the curriculum since last year from what I can recall.

After speaking with Leila herself, here is what I found out. The committee met and made its decisions already. However, their system is down preventing them from actually emailing the candidates their fates. She said if the system is not back up on Monday, then they will start individually emailing people. I don't know the status of the snail mail

Reactions: 6 users
After speaking with Leila herself, here is what I found out. The committee met and made its decisions already. However, their system is down preventing them from actually emailing the candidates their fates. She said if the system is not back up on Monday, then they will start individually emailing people. I don't know the status of the snail mail
Wait so does this mean they won't be attempting to notify us this weekend? Aka office won't be open?

I live in the city, so I hope that I get the snail mail by tomorrow (if they even sent any)

did they mention anything about snail mail being sent out already?
I'm just speculating at this point. Someone in this thread said that Uic is doing both email and snail mail. I hope the snail mail reach meet in case they can't fix the email on time.:boom:

I'm just speculating at this point. Someone in this thread said that Uic is doing both email and snail mail. I hope the snail mail reach meet in case they can't fix the email on time.:boom:[/QUOTE

From what I'm getting, the system errors is preventing them from inputting their decisions so I don't think they would send out letters prior to recording their decisions. But I like the way u think just to give some hope lol

Error inputting decisions ? Thats terrifying.

Last edited:
How'd you get in contact w/ her?

i hope we find out tomorrow

Reactions: 3 users
Already refreshing, please let it be today!

Reactions: 2 users
Y'all are my favorite lol. You're the only ones that really get me, my OCD, and my anxiety.

One of my interviewers (faculty) responded to my thank you email and said "I hope to see you next year at UIC" so I'm going to take that as "you've definitely been accepted, but the system is currently down." lol. In my mind. :happy: