2017-2018 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You need to start on them by June 1st and if not you need to email them for extra time. I believe "starting" them means getting in all the hep. B, MMR, and varicella titers uploaded to castlebranch. Depending on the titers you may need boosters which take a couple weeks and then get titers done again a few weeks after the booster shots to verify immunity.

How do we upload them? Can I just upload a picture of my immunization record?

Also what is this lab report that is required? We’re we supposed to get our blood drawn at a lab or something? I don’t recall ever receiving a form or instructions for a blood/titer draw.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How do we upload them? Can I just upload a picture of my immunization record?

Also what is this lab report that is required? We’re we supposed to get our blood drawn at a lab or something? I don’t recall ever receiving a form or instructions for a blood/titer draw.
Print off the requirements PDF and bring it to your PCP's office.

You need titers for measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, and Hep B. The hep B one needs to be quantitative

You just need proof of vaccination for everything else and a negative PPD TB test or a negative Quantiferon Gold blood test.

Your PCP should provide you with either paper results (that should have the letterhead of the office and/or lab at the top) or results uploaded to your online myhealth/mycare/mywhaetevr account. Take a picture, screenshot, or scan those and upload them to Castlebranch.

If you want, you dont even need to go through your PCP's office. You can order those tests from independent labs like Quest Diagnostics and just go to one of their facilities.

EDIT: Just to be clear, you also shouldn't even need a doctor's appointment. It should just be a nurse's visit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No, I'm wondering the same thing. I didn't receive a response when I emailed OMCA last week.

A former classmate of my was taken off the waitlist two weeks ago and on our main Facebook group there are several new additions.

Just in case anyone was wondering about the appeals, I spoke to the admissions office. They said that the admissions committee will not be reviewing the appeals for the time being bc all three campuses are at maximum capacity. So they are telling students to go forward with the campus they were assigned and if anything changes they'll let us know.

Ive heard a few things from some friends going to UIC dental about a ventra card that links up with our school ID for free public transportation. They say they were told about some deadline for this on July 1. Anyone know anything about this? I was under the impression free bus/subway was included with our tuition and no other action was needed

From what I gather ( U-Pass FAQ’s - ID Center ) they're gonna charge a fee for all incoming full time students (regardless of program) that's apart of the tuition statement. I assume it'll be like ~$130 per semester that's part of the semester total cost. Not sure what the July 1st deadline. I know that the upass will not be active during the summer so you will need to add on money to the card to use public transport (~$2..50 per use)

Even for Peoria?

So if we need a booster then we'll have to wait like 4 weeks to draw the new titer right?

Ive heard a few things from some friends going to UIC dental about a ventra card that links up with our school ID for free public transportation. They say they were told about some deadline for this on July 1. Anyone know anything about this? I was under the impression free bus/subway was included with our tuition and no other action was needed

Last edited:
Doctor told me to wait 6-8 weeks after boosters.
I noticed a part in the requirements that says that you will need a doctor's note if you are considered a non-responder (i.e. the test results will always be negative / equivocal). Does this mean you can skip the booster-titer process? I'd sure hope so because I won't be able to see my PCP until the end of July.

Hi guys, I haven't been on in a while, but just wanted to say congrats to all those who were accepted to med school, especially to those going to UIC. I'm finishing up M1 year at the Chicago campus, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to shoot me a DM. After this week (last exam of the year!) I'll write a post about all the things I wish I knew earlier in the year. Hopefully it'll help you guys out!

Enjoy your summer and excited to see you guys next year!

Reactions: 3 users
Are we supposed to submit anything after our fingerprint appointment? They gave me a note and the guy was like “show this to whoever sent you.”

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if this is a late post but I was checking the class requirements and I saw this on their website:
  • Candidates must complete three courses in the Behavioral/Social Sciences in the following disciplines: Psychology, Anthropology, Economics, Gender Studies or Sociology.
  • Two of the above three courses completed must be in the same field of study.
It sounds like having one class in Psychology, one in Sociology, and one in Econ wouldn't work. I only have one in each field but three total. Any one know how strict they are on that? "wish i was a psychology major"

Sorry if this is a late post but I was checking the class requirements and I saw this on their website:
  • Candidates must complete three courses in the Behavioral/Social Sciences in the following disciplines: Psychology, Anthropology, Economics, Gender Studies or Sociology.
  • Two of the above three courses completed must be in the same field of study.
It sounds like having one class in Psychology, one in Sociology, and one in Econ wouldn't work. I only have one in each field but three total. Any one know how strict they are on that? "wish i was a psychology major"

I was in a similar boat and took a second econ class during the summer before starting just to get the prereq. It's worth a call to the admissions people though just to see if they'll take your credit. I took the class as an online class at a community college -- it was a cheap and easy option.

I was in a similar boat and took a second econ class during the summer before starting just to get the prereq. It's worth a call to the admissions people though just to see if they'll take your credit. I took the class as an online class at a community college -- it was a cheap and easy option.
Yeah I was planning on calling them tomorrow so I hope they are not too strict on that!

So confused on Studentloans.gov. When filling out the MPN for loans, what school ID do we choose? Don't want to confuse the undergrad with the medical school. Thanks guys!

Reactions: 1 user
Do we order our own white coats or will they be giving us one? Also, is there a Facebook group for our class?

Do we order our own white coats or will they be giving us one? Also, is there a Facebook group for our class?
We tried on white coats during Second Look Day to record our size and indicate the name to be displayed on the front. They will give them to us during the White Coat Ceremony on August 10. If you haven't yet tried on a coat, I highly recommend contacting your respective campus' Event Planner or equivalent.

There is a general Facebook group for all three campuses as well as individual campus groups.

We tried on white coats during Second Look Day to record our size and indicate the name to be displayed on the front. They will give them to us during the White Coat Ceremony on August 10. If you haven't yet tried on a coat, I highly recommend contacting your respective campus' Event Planner or equivalent.

There is a general Facebook group for all three campuses as well as individual campus groups.
which campus' second look day did you go to? We didn't do that at UIC (at least I wasn't aware of it)

I would like someone to advice me what to do to apply for Ortho at UIC.
This is my final year at UIC
Thank you

Do you guys know if anyone with a 507 got accepted to this school? Just a desperate pre med student here.

Do you guys know if anyone with a 507 got accepted to this school? Just a desperate pre med student here.
Hey, M1 at UIC here. You'll be fine. Thats a great MCAT score. Just remember that you could even have a higher MCAT score and not get in. It all depends on the big picture. Have you demonstrated you want to be a physician, how? Also, how did you GPA fluctuate during college, etc. Good luck.

Hey, M1 at UIC here. You'll be fine. Thats a great MCAT score. Just remember that you could even have a higher MCAT score and not get in. It all depends on the big picture. Have you demonstrated you want to be a physician, how? Also, how did you GPA fluctuate during college, etc. Good luck.
Thank you!

if you're desperate then why not apply to DO schools and look for more lower tier MD schools. It also varies heavily. You could have a lower score and get in or a higher score and not.

if you're desperate then why not apply to DO schools and look for more lower tier MD schools. It also varies heavily. You could have a lower score and get in or a higher score and not.
Thank you for the feedback!