2017-2018 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted today as well. I have an acceptance that I will take, but this cycle has been very demoralizing overall. Kinda wishing I had taken a gap year instead.

MSAR says 9 acceptances offered to those on WL last cycle (?), but not sure how accurate it is.

Ugh same. Up to 4 WLs, 2 in the past week.

i'm with you guys - 4 waitlists for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted today as well. I have an acceptance that I will take, but this cycle has been very demoralizing overall. Kinda wishing I had taken a gap year instead.

MSAR says 9 acceptances offered to those on WL last cycle (?), but not sure how accurate it is.
Agreed. Doesn’t help when you see several superstars on SDN get offers from all the top schools either.

Reactions: 1 users
Ugh same. Up to 4 WLs, 2 in the past week.

Yup 4th WL in the past month as well. Interviewed late September. Thankfully I have an acceptance somewhere I was almost definitely going to take over three of them anyway, but it woulda been nice to have the choice. Also makes me feel worse about my chances at a few other top schools I’m waiting on.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have been accepted and are not that interested, PLEASE deny it so ppl on the waitlist can have a chance

Reactions: 3 users
Yup 4th WL in the past month as well. Interviewed late September. Thankfully I have an acceptance somewhere I was almost definitely going to take over three of them anyway, but it woulda been nice to have the choice. Also makes me feel worse about my chances at a few other top schools I’m waiting on.
Feeling the same. With a bunch of non rolling decisions expected next week, I need to prepare myself mentally for massive disappointment at this rate.

Agreed. Doesn’t help when you see several superstars on SDN get offers from all the top schools either.
Yeah but also people can only choose one. So it’s better they overlap—means all those spots are up for grabs!

Waitlisted. Wasn't expecting anything more, or anything less, because when I called a few weeks ago, they said that UChicago actually just doesn't reject people, that everyone's on the waitlist. So I was surprised to even see people on here who were rejected even.

Tbh, it seems like they waitlist most of their people, and reject very few. Not keeping up high hopes for WL movement. The chances are very slim. It's frustrating, because I felt like I killed this interview too. :/ So demoralizing. Makes you feel thankful for the acceptance(s) you have. *sigh*

Reactions: 2 users
I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I just called admissions for some numbers. For those interested, MSAR only shows the number of candidates who stayed at Uchicago after being offered acceptance off the waitlist. The real number of students that were offered acceptance off the waitlist is closer to a number between 20-30 (in last year's cycle). Having said that, they do say that they waitlist a large chunk of their candidates, so I really don't think that waitlist here means anything, and that the chances of getting off of the waitlist are still super slim.

EDIT: Can confirm when my friend called admissions, they said 200-300 are on the waitlist (because actually they waitlist even more, and then the ones that accept waitlist fall in this range), and then the movement can range from 0 to 30. Last year it was 20-30.

Last edited:
I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I just called admissions for some numbers. For those interested, MSAR only shows the number of candidates who stayed at Uchicago after being offered acceptance off the waitlist. The real number of students that were offered acceptance off the waitlist is closer to a number between 20-30 (in last year's cycle). Having said that, they do say that they waitlist a large chunk of their candidates, so I really don't think that waitlist here means anything, and that the chances of getting off of the waitlist are still super slim.
Thanks for sharing this. I think I’m going to decline the waitlist in light of this. I can respect the decision to put me on a true waitlist, but I don’t have the patience to stay on a waitlist that only exists because the committee was too lazy or indecisive to make final decisions.

Thanks for sharing this. I think I’m going to decline the waitlist in light of this. I can respect the decision to put me on a true waitlist, but I don’t have the patience to stay on a waitlist that only exists because the committee was too lazy or indecisive to make final decisions.

And then you don’t have to say you were rejected! Win win!

Members don't see this ad :)

I would feel more comfortable if your decision wasn't solely based on my one phone call. So I'm going to be more specific.

Me: "So how many people are on the waitlist?"
Them: "We waitlist a lot of people, I couldn't give you a number."

I mean...you can't even give me a number to the closest hundred? Something's fishy. And after my call earlier a few weeks ago, when they were like "We don't actually really rejected anyone, we try to only waitlist".

however, the lady did say that we can email the admissions for specific numbers on waitlist candidates and movement. Although I don't want to look like that jerk who's only interested in accepting a waitlist position, if the chances seem high. Although let's be real, that's what every applicant is thinking.

Friend just told me when he called, they said between "200-300 accept waitlist", and between 0 and 30 can move off of that waitlist.

Do what you will with that.

So is the class officially full here? Or is there going to be another round of acceptances before traffic day?

Withdrawing! Good luck to everyone on the WL! If you have another acceptance though, start to get psyched about it. Pinning your hopes on a WL will make you go crazy.

Reactions: 6 users
Very psyched about Pritzker!! Hope to see you all next year

For applicants reading from future years, I was awarded a merit scholarship today (~60% of tuition) as a part of my financial aid package. I did not receive it at time of acceptance

Reactions: 5 users
For applicants reading from future years, I was awarded a merit scholarship today (~60% of tuition) as a part of my financial aid package. I did not receive it at time of acceptance

Congratulations! Did you receive your entire financial aid package today or did you just find out about your merit scholarship?

Congratulations! Did you receive your entire financial aid package today or did you just find out about your merit scholarship?
Thank you! It came as a part of the entire package!

+1

For people going to revisit weekend - has anyone received any information about their student host?

For people going to revisit weekend - has anyone received any information about their student host?

I imagine this won't come until about a week out though if you need to know earlier I am sure the admissions office can help if you reach out to them. Same deal with the schedule.

It is going to be a great weekend! I look forward to meeting some of you. :)

Hey all! Does anyone have any experience or know if the school is receptive to asking for more financial aid after they have sent you a financial aid package? I was offered a generous package at another school but would really really love to choose Pritzker, I just don't know how to go about asking.

Hey all! Does anyone have any experience or know if the school is receptive to asking for more financial aid after they have sent you a financial aid package? I was offered a generous package at another school but would really really love to choose Pritzker, I just don't know how to go about asking.

I was told by a current student to humbly explain your situation, your desire to attend, and ask - you just never know!

Same goes for other schools as well (I saw that you asked the same question on Duke's page!)

I was told by a current student to humbly explain your situation, your desire to attend, and ask - you just never know!

Same goes for other schools as well (I saw that you asked the same question on Duke's page!)

Thank you! After I posted I realized it was a bit lame to write it on both but they are both such great schools. Guess we will see what the next three weeks brings

Withdrew my acceptance + full-tuition scholarship. GL everybody!

Withdrew my acceptance and half tuition scholarship this week - tough decision. This place is really special. Good luck off the waitlist, folks! Anyone would be SUPER LUCKY to attend Pritzker.

Is there anything that we have to do now that we are past the 30th (i.e. pay a deposit, send official transcripts, etc). I can't seem to find anything in my email so I just want to check if I'm missing something. Can't wait to meet you all so soon! Also, hit me up if you're looking for a chill, fun roommate, I'm in the market :)

just accepted off the waitlist! i totally thought i was going to have to reapply in the next cycle too.
interviewed early january, waitlisted 2/28.
LizzyM 76.40

edit: I also had food poisoning the night before the interview from romaine lettuce at some restaurant down the street and i was so nervous i can't believe it

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
just accepted off the waitlist! i totally thought i was going to have to reapply in the next cycle too.
interviewed early january, waitlisted 2/28.
LizzyM 76.40

edit: I also had food poisoning the night before the interview from romaine lettuce at some restaurant down the street and i was so nervous i can't believe it
congrats!! did u get a phone call or just an email?

Just got accepted off the waitlist today as well with a half COA scholarship!

Does anyone know where to get Pritzker specific apparel/can we? Seems like I can't find it anywhere!