2022-2023 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A few new people joined the FB/groupme this afternoon - I have no idea if that means WL movement has started or not

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
A few new people joined the FB/groupme this afternoon - I have no idea if that means WL movement has started or not
Seems like WL movement already started 😭 oh well, its prolly better for my mental health to assume that im not getting in 🤣

Members don't see this ad :)
good news for everyone on the waitlist - the FB group is down to 99!
both for your guys' sake and because of my anger at pritzker for telling me to go f*ck myself financial aid-wise twice, I hope they have to go super deep on their WL this year 😈
stop talking about Pritzker like this cause girllllll they know its you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to be super creepy but the Fb group number just went down to 68 from 101? Am I going crazy or ehat

As a reminder, we ask that users maintain each others’ anonymity, especially on school-specific threads.

• Care
stop talking about Pritzker like this cause girllllll they know its you.
That comment was made 100% in jest and I apologize for doing a poor job of conveying that. Except for the part about hoping there's a lot of WL movement because a. I want classmates who are as excited to come here as I am and b. if any of you are still waiting on your first A I know how anxiety-inducing it is bc that was me until Pritzker came to the rescue!

I don't want to be super creepy but the Fb group number just went down to 68 from 101? Am I going crazy or ehat
Oh WOW you're right there's been a massacre in there. There hasn't been a corresponding mass exodus from the groupme so I'm guessing they went in and removed people

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
That comment was made 100% in jest and I apologize for doing a poor job of conveying that. Except for the part about hoping there's a lot of WL movement because a. I want classmates who are as excited to come here as I am and b. if any of you are still waiting on your first A I know how anxiety-inducing it is bc that was me until Pritzker came to the rescue!

Oh WOW you're right there's been a massacre in there. There hasn't been a corresponding mass exodus from the groupme so I'm guessing they went in and removed people
Thanks for the update and for constantly checking this SDN to support us!!! Really appreciate your time & support 🥺🥺

Also I'm not sure if I should change my username? 😅 Jessy is my English name that I didn't use for my application so I don't think admission officers would notice who I am but I'm a little bit nervous now LOL

• Care
Thanks for the update and for constantly checking this SDN to support us!!! Really appreciate your time & support 🥺🥺

Also I'm not sure if I should change my username? 😅 Jessy is my English name that I didn't use for my application so I don't think admission officers would notice who I am but I'm a little bit nervous now LOL
I've straight up seen people use their full legal names on here so I think you're fine...I guess people have used my comments to try to piece together who I am which is hilarious because I've let my friends without SDN accounts ask questions through me before and usually change details slightly in comments

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Hahah I wonder why they ask for your financial aid need… what are you supposed to say “uhhh as much as I can get”??

• Haha
I think they might be trying to be nice and match people’s financial need as much as possible? 🥹 also i wonder if they are only calling/ considering people who already PTE to other schools because I am sitting bere with 3 WLs & 1 unreleased decision… 😢

Also i should be stop analyzing all these sdn comments lol 😭

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Are you an accepted student? Or are they calling a few specific people on the WL? If you are WLed huge congrats you're def in!
Hi all! After recieving this call I recieved a call of admission off the waitlist around 3PM yesterday. Looks like they added about 5 people to the groupme last night

• Love
Congrats, did you guys receive any email yesterday asking to confirm if you still want to be on waitlist? I received the email yesterday wondering if it means anything

Everyone on the WL got that email

Congrats, did you guys receive any email yesterday asking to confirm if you still want to be on waitlist? I received the email yesterday wondering if it means anything 😀
Yes, replied to the email yesterday stating my interest/intent, and my reply was referenced during the call :)

Yes, replied to the email yesterday stating my interest/intent, and my reply was referenced during the call :)

Did you say something more than that you were interested in staying on the WL?

Just that I would love to attend if offered the A! It was like a two-sentence email, but I will say I have been in occasional contact with my interviewers pre and post-WL notification, so that may have helped my case!

• Love
HUGE CONGRATS EVERYONE who got off the WL!!!! I hope the WL movement is not done yet haha though I've lost pretty much a lot of hope :cryi:

• Care
Lol I just saw you on another school’s sdn WL comment 🤣 I think we are waiting for 2 same schools

Last edited:
Just that I would love to attend if offered the A! It was like a two-sentence email, but I will say I have been in occasional contact with my interviewers pre and post-WL notification, so that may have helped my case!

Did they give you a deadline to decide by?

omg i just missed a call from dr. Carter. She asked me to call back to chat but is not picking up anymore.

Edit: my first A 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
I flat out emailed today and asked if they expect any more WL movement because I’m a crazy ball of anxiety so will keep everyone updated 👍🏼 Im an MSTP candidate so a bit of a different situation but still

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Any update from adcoms?
They responded saying they have filled their class and do not anticipate using the WL further 😔 Again, this was for MSTP though, so while I’m probably out of luck, they may be taking a different approach for MD only

• Care
They responded saying they have filled their class and do not anticipate using the WL further Again, this was for MSTP though, so while I’m probably out of luck, they may be taking a different approach for MD only

Best of luck elsewhere :)

Nvm it’s 81 now as of this morning. Out of those 6 are chat admin.
Oh wow, sounds like a lot of people committed elsewhere. Hopefully that's good news for us on the WL. Thanks for keeping us updated!

They responded saying they have filled their class and do not anticipate using the WL further 😔 Again, this was for MSTP though, so while I’m probably out of luck, they may be taking a different approach for MD only
I wish you the best of luck elsewhere! Good news always come after the bad news so don't lose hope yet!!

The CTE date for MSTP is literally a week from today with classes starting next month and it isn't until July for MD, so I think it's reasonable to assume that they move faster for MSTP

Nvm it’s 81 now as of this morning. Out of those 6 are chat admin.
Yep looks like they physically removed everyone who isn't coming to Pritzker so the class size is at least 75 rn. So exciting knowing everyone in the group is one of my future classmates for sure 🤩

• Love
What’s the class size again? 90?

Does the groupme include MSTP?

@people accepted off WL, how soon did you get your financial aid package?

I submitted my fafsa and aid application on friday and i have 0 patience lol

@people accepted off WL, how soon did you get your financial aid package?

I submitted my fafsa and aid application on friday and i have 0 patience lol
A on tues and FA on Friday evening, the wait is a killer

Could someone give an update on the current GroupMe size? Just trying to gauge whether there's still a chance.

74 non admin but they closed the groupme and changed it to say entering class