2022-2023 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @YouShouldBeDrivingAKia for sharing this year's questions!

2022-2023 University of Chicago (Pritzker) Secondary Essay Prompts
  1. Please write a short essay about why you are applying to the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. We suggest that you limit your essay to about 550 words.
  2. Share with us a difficult or challenging situation you have encountered and how you dealt with it. In your response, identify both the coping skills you called upon to resolve the dilemma, and the support person(s) from whom you sought advice. We suggest that you limit your essay to about 550 words.
  3. Please feel free to use this space to convey any additional information that you might wish the Committee to know. For example, if you are not currently completing a degree, please share your planned or current activities for this application cycle. You may also wish to include any impact that COVID-19 has had on your educational, research, or extracurricular plans. We suggest that you limit your text to about 300 words.
  4. If your school has a premedical committee or premedical advisor who composes a letter for each applicant from your school and you chose not to avail yourself of this service, please provide an explanation in the text box below for your decision not to do so. We suggest that you limit your text to about 200 words.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Secondary received at 1015 PM EST. Here are the questions:

1. Please write a short essay about why you are applying to the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. We suggest that you limit your essay to about 550 words.
  2. Share with us a difficult or challenging situation you have encountered and how you dealt with it. In your response, identify both the coping skills you called upon to resolve the dilemma, and the support person(s) from whom you sought advice. We suggest that you limit your essay to about 550 words.
  3. Please feel free to use this space to convey any additional information that you might wish the Committee to know. For example, if you are not currently completing a degree, please share your planned or current activities for this application cycle. You may also wish to include any impact that COVID-19 has had on your educational, research, or extracurricular plans. We suggest that you limit your text to about 300 words.
  4. If your school has a premedical committee or premedical advisor who composes a letter for each applicant from your school and you chose not to avail yourself of this service, please provide an explanation in the text box below for your decision not to do so. We suggest that you limit your text to about 200 words.
@wysdoc

OOS Secondary received at 1015 PM EST. Here are the questions:

@wysdoc
OOS received, adding on that the MSTP application is the same

Reactions: 1 user
OOS secondary received - they also sent a second email with the working link!

Would any med students mind taking a quick look at my secondary drafts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Y'all think it looks bad to not come close to the 550 word limit? My Why Us essay is 550, but the challenge one is only 370, which is only 67% of the limit. Most of my other challenge secondaries are near 200-300 words, so I don't really have much to add if I expand it more

Y'all think it looks bad to not come close to the 550 word limit? My Why Us essay is 550, but the challenge one is only 370, which is only 67% of the limit. Most of my other challenge secondaries are near 200-300 words, so I don't really have much to add if I expand it more
I personally aim to fill in the word count by ~75%

this school is a reach for me but im still gonna shoot my shot lolll, IS secondary received- Good luck yall

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
For #4, do we need to explain that our school doesn't offer a committee letter so I used the letter packet system instead? Or am I good to leave it blank...

Anyone not receive a secondary yet? I am OOS verified 06/29

For my document status page, my committee letter hasn't been received yet but my 3 individual rec letters are received. Since the application is marked complete, will they will review it before the committee letter comes in, or will they wait until all rec letters are received?

For my document status page, my committee letter hasn't been received yet but my 3 individual rec letters are received. Since the application is marked complete, will they will review it before the committee letter comes in, or will they wait until all rec letters are received?
It's hard to say. Some schools report not really using LORs to determine interview invites, so you'd be okay if that's the case for this school. But, there are schools that report not putting you into the review pile until your application is complete with all components including all LORs.

same date last year II are already being sent out, wonder what's happening this year

off topic- does anyone know how Pritzker reviews applicants/ are they stats focused? Also i think II will be sent next week in the start of August based on 2 years ago.

off topic- does anyone know how Pritzker reviews applicants/ are they stats focused? Also i think II will be sent next week in the start of August based on 2 years ago.
They have a high MCAT median of 521 but a relatively low 10th percentile of 512 indicating that they aren’t “stats focused”, just highly selective. Anecdotally somebody with a 528 got a pre-II R in last years thread.

radio silence +1, based on last year's tread they send out R pretty quickly after they send out II, lol even an R is ok for me but this anxiety is killing me. Just want to get it over with

oh my gosh II this morning! (OOS, LM 80.6, complete 6/29)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they change the status of applications after being reviewed? I was complete 7/7 and still see status of "Your application is ready." Or do they have a specific order in reviewing applicants?

lets hope we survive the next wave of Rs boys :cool:

Reactions: 6 users
frequent lurker made an account on SDN just to say II received this morning! 517 URM, but had an academic-related IA so wasn't sure what my fate would be. Complete 7/12!

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats to all those who've received IIs!

If we were complete before those who received IIs and haven't heard anything, should we assume it's a likely R?

Edit: Should add I was complete 7/11 and still am on complete in the portal.

Congrats to all those who've received IIs!

If we were complete before those who received IIs and haven't heard anything, should we assume it's a likely R?

Edit: Should add I was complete 7/11 and still am on complete in the portal.
Definitely not. Different schools have all sorts of different processes for reviewing apps that deviate from a strictly rolling process. Wouldn't worry too much about this.

II at 11:54 PST, OOS

just quietly waiting for the R to arrive in a few days :(