2020-2021 University of Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do people think the Biomedical Informatics email is a bad sign? Like why would they send this if you are planning to accept you?

Exactly!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think the biomedical informatics email is a bad sign. I was accepted and just got it lol

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
got the call yesterday! scholarships will be going out in the next couple of weeks! :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry I didnt get more info for you guys but I still believe that everything is still fair game since they havent sent the WL/R decisions out

Reactions: 3 users
if they're waiting this long to send out some WL/R emails...

Reactions: 1 users
1614365686467.gif

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
hey team, i'm applying here next year and was hoping someone could help answer a question. i went to UChicago for undergrad a while back (non-trad) and i was wondering if anyone knew whether they showed any preference at all for their own alumni? i heard a rumor they actually prefer NOT to take alumni as they want to get some fresh blood, i figured someone here might have more insight whether its a positive, negative, or neutral factor. thanks!

hey team, i'm applying here next year and was hoping someone could help answer a question. i went to UChicago for undergrad a while back (non-trad) and i was wondering if anyone knew whether they showed any preference at all for their own alumni? i heard a rumor they actually prefer NOT to take alumni as they want to get some fresh blood, i figured someone here might have more insight whether its a positive, negative, or neutral factor. thanks!
Out of your control regardless hehe!

don’t see how this could be true though - many folks on adcom seem to be Chicago natives and/or uchicago alumni

Reactions: 1 user
Out of your control regardless hehe!

don’t see how this could be true though - many folks on adcom seem to be Chicago natives and/or uchicago alumni
definitely out of my control! but it doesn't stop my curiosity lol

email or portal update? anyone from dec interviews?

Waitlist just now! Surprised because I felt like my Pritzker interview was my best this cycle! Oh well, congrats to everyone who got the A!

post II waitlisted. CONGRATS to those accepted!

Does that mean the R's are coming next :(. I haven't heard anything