2021-2022 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i imagine it would be too much effort to confirm that theyve received each WL applicant's email..

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend got off the waitlist last week so waitlist movement has started. Might just be too small to see on here. Hoping the best for all of us still waiting 🥲

Reactions: 1 user
My friend got off the waitlist last week so waitlist movement has started. Might just be too small to see on here. Hoping the best for all of us still waiting 🥲
Huh i wonder if there are just fewer seats available this time around. Last year's thread was much more active. Anyone want to call/email and ask? Also if any accepted students can tell us how many actual students are in the FB/groupme i think we would all appreciate :)

Last edited:
Huh i wonder if there are just fewer seats available this time around. Last year's thread was much more active. Anyone want to call/email and ask? Also if any accepted students can tell us how many actual students are in the FB/groupme i think we would all appreciate :)
80 people in the GroupMe, only a few have joined/left since this Monday (5/9)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Appreciate the info! Does the 80 people include the MSTPs or just MDs?
I'm not the person you asked, but I'm also in the groupme. It isn't really clear who is in the MD program or who is in the MSTP program, since very few people have really said which one they're in. A lot of people still haven't even sent their first message yet lol. Sorry I can't help any more than that 😬

P.S. There's still over 130 people in the Facebook group, many of which already left the groupme, so the numbers don't help.

I talked to admissions and they said that the class is currently full and they don't expect anyone to defer or change schools. :(

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
I talked to admissions and they said that the class is currently full and they don't expect anyone to defer or change schools. :(
Does it mean that, there will not be any movement in the waitlist and they will wait until July 21, commit to enroll date, to inform waitlisted candidates?

Does it mean that, there will not be any movement in the waitlist and they will wait until July 21, commit to enroll date, to inform waitlisted candidates?
I am not sure, but I think that unless someone withdraws their acceptance last minute there will be no more acceptances from the waitlist.

Can students still withdraw/switch to another school without any consequences after CTE? I guess it doesn't make much sense if there is no cost in changing the school they commit to, but still wondering what would happen if someone has an extreme situation and has to withdraw their commitment :unsure:

Can students still withdraw/switch to another school without any consequences after CTE? I guess it doesn't make much sense if there is no cost in changing the school they commit to, but still wondering what would happen if someone has an extreme situation and has to withdraw their commitment :unsure:
Depends on what you mean by "extreme situation." It certainly wouldn't include being called off a WL, since most schools play by the rules and just wouldn't do it. They can see you are CTE elsewhere and will simply never call you, whether or not you withdraw as you are supposed to do.

A family or medical emergency? Sure. That's why schools typically keep at least a few people on WLs until classes begin. But, it's rare to lose people in the very few weeks between the CTE deadline and the beginning of classes.