2022-2023 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Like kind of? I’d be surprised if I was first to receive anything tho
Yeah it might just be based on time of fin aid submission🤷‍♂️ we’ll see🤪

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ngl being told I'm not getting a scholarship kinda stings knowing how generous Pritzker is with aid...like I'm really the bottom of the barrel among the accepted students huh

Oh well, just makes me feel even more grateful to have been accepted at all 🙂

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Ngl being told I'm not getting a scholarship kinda stings knowing how generous Pritzker is with aid...like I'm really the bottom of the barrel among the accepted students huh

Oh well, just makes me feel even more grateful to have been accepted at all 🙂
Ugh mood😩

• Sad

Oh well, just makes me feel even more grateful to have been accepted at all

Did they tell you that you’re not getting a scholarship is is that your assumption because you haven’t received an email about it?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my financial aid letter. No mention of a scholarship :/
That sucks but glad I'm not alone
Does anyone know if they redistribute aid offered to people who choose to go elsewhere?

Also no one asked but fb group is at 106 now

That sucks but glad I'm not alone
Does anyone know if they redistribute aid offered to people who choose to go elsewhere?

Also no one asked but fb group is at 106 now
Can confirm I know a couple current students whose scholarships changed after the waitlist movement in May!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Was the link to the fb group emailed to admitted students? I don't think I saw it
It's at the end of the email inviting us to Revisit! They really buried it in there so I've been wondering how many people just missed it

If I'm on the WL, should I just give up hope? Heard that historically, this school doesn't have major WL movement ;(.

If I'm on the WL, should I just give up hope? Heard that historically, this school doesn't have major WL movement ;(.
I’m prob gonna give up my A, so that’s at least one opportunity for WL movement😅 don’t give up hope just yet!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know if Pritzker clerkships are moving to P/F with the new curriculum or what's up with that? I'm choosing between between Pritzker and another school with P/F clerkships and preclinicals (several students alluded to it during the interview process). I love Chicago and Pritzker and want to move here, but I can't justify dealing with the additional stress of graded clerkships if I can choose to avoid it.

From what I understand, the clerkships are “graded” but there’s no curve - talking to current students it sounds like most people at least High Pass most of them so it’s very uncompetitive. Idk if they’re switching to true P/F though

Anyone know if Pritzker clerkships are moving to P/F with the new curriculum or what's up with that? I'm choosing between between Pritzker and another school with P/F clerkships and preclinicals (several students alluded to it during the interview process). I love Chicago and Pritzker and want to move here, but I can't justify dealing with the additional stress of graded clerkships if I can choose to avoid it.
I believe they are graded Honors/High Pass/Pass/Fail

I’m prob gonna give up my A, so that’s at least one opportunity for WL movement don’t give up hope just yet!

Well depends as they generally give more A’s than available seats. But will certainly help directionally.

• Sad
Any news about curriculum updates; I believe they were announcing changes on April 11th?
where'd you hear about this announcement?
If you're going to second look they'll tell us about it there, if you're not I'm sure someone here will be willing to recap the info

edit: there's a press release on their news site but it's pretty general

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is a great question considering that Pritzker is known for anti-racism. So it be interesting if they get rid of clerkship grading in the spirit of subjective bias influencing these grades. The evolve curriculum website states that

"The pre-clerkship courses in Phase 1 will all be Pass/Fail. Clerkships grading will utilize competency-focused assessments as well as NBME shelf examinations to assess medical knowledge." So I guess they are still doing tiered grading but it is not clear tbh

I finally received my financial aid package and I got a full tuition scholarship. shocked beyond words

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I thought Pritzker didn't (officially) distinguish between merit and need-based aid? (Unless you didn't submit the FAFSA/have a super high EFC in which case it's of course merit by default)

I thought Pritzker didn't (officially) distinguish between merit and need-based aid? (Unless you didn't submit the FAFSA/have a super high EFC in which case it's of course merit by default)
Yes this is correct. I talked with them about this a while ago. They consider both merit and need for all awards

Yeah it's denoted "Pritzker Scholarship, Full Tuition Award" on the offer, but based on my family's income I knew it wasn't need based

Does anyone know if UChicago has funded research years available for students?

Does anyone know if UChicago has funded research years available for students?
They have something called the Burroughs-Wellcome Fellowship for a research year between years 3 and 4. From what I understand, they also offer residents an early/preferential match into UChicago residencies (if you want to stay) in peds or IM if those are specialties you're interested in. From what I've heard, not a ton of people do it, and basically everyone who applies into the research year gets approved.

Update on Groupme size?
Sorry that no one's been answering your question - FB group is at 111 and GroupMe has 117 (both include the revisit and orientation co-chairs and the like), and only a few people have left the groupme since revisit

Sorry that no one's been answering your question - FB group is at 111 and GroupMe has 117 (both include the revisit and orientation co-chairs and the like), and only a few people have left the groupme since revisit
Do you think that means the class is already full? 🥺

good news for everyone on the waitlist - the FB group is down to 99!
both for your guys' sake and because of my anger at pritzker for telling me to go f*ck myself financial aid-wise twice, I hope they have to go super deep on their WL this year 😈
Thank you for keeping us updated!!! You rock ❤️

• Care
Has anyone here had success with getting a living stipend from Pritzker?

good news for everyone on the waitlist - the FB group is down to 99!
both for your guys' sake and because of my anger at pritzker for telling me to go f*ck myself financial aid-wise twice, I hope they have to go super deep on their WL this year 😈
Any further updates? 🥹

seems like 98 people.... is it possible that no one will get off this year?
It's only been half an hour since the PTE deadline so I'd give it a while before you guys start worrying. People have been steadily leaving the GroupMe but it still has more people than the FB group
We also have until the 12th or something to request to defer, and from what I've gathered deferring isn't at all uncommon here

• Care
It's only been half an hour since the PTE deadline so I'd give it a while before you guys start worrying. People have been steadily leaving the GroupMe but it still has more people than the FB group
We also have until the 12th or something to request to defer, and from what I've gathered deferring isn't at all uncommon here
Thank you 🥹🥹🥰🥰 you keep me sane here lol

• Care
Received an email half an hour ago requesting that we confirm interest in remaining on the WL!

Just received a call from admissions asking about my financial aid need and told me they would be coming out with decisions in a couple days. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just received a call from admissions asking about my financial aid need and told me they would be coming out with decisions in a couple days. Good luck everyone!

Anyone else get this call?

• Dislike