2017-2018 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all,

Pritzker Student here, just wanted to jump in and say let me know if you have any questions about our awesome school!
Do you by any chance know when we should expect decisions?

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know/have any guesses for how many acceptances might remain for Pritzker? Based on this forum I would guess there are still a lot of acceptances left, but the class size is small so not sure.

Has anyone called adcom recently and gotten more specific details like what day they are going to release decisions?

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today by phone call with a 75% scholarship!!! I interviewed late January and absolutely fell in love with the school and am so excited to attend!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted today by phone call with a 75% scholarship!!! I interviewed late January and absolutely fell in love with the school and am so excited to attend!
when did you get the call if you don't mind me asking?

and congrats!! i hope i get to attend alongside you haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Admissions person said the rest of acceptances will probably go out next week.

did you call to ask? ah why would they slowly release decisions...

Yeah I called. Nathan said he interviewed in late January, so I assume his acceptance was based on the committee meeting right after his interview, and next week they will probably release acceptances for those of us who were sort of "unofficially deferred" to the end of the cycle after our interview.

Would people from Nathan's date also have a chance of being accepted at this point? or is it not likely

I'm from Chicago and also waiting to get the magical acceptance call from Pritzker. I keep getting scam calls from a Chicago area code. I have a mini panic attack each time :help:

Would people from Nathan's date also have a chance of being accepted at this point? or is it not likely

At my interview they said we'd hear back anywhere from the end of Feb to the first week of march. I think it's just a matter of when your interviewers make it to the committee meeting. If they interviewed you, they are willing to accept you - it's just a waiting game.

does anyone know when financial aid packages start coming out here, and are they typically sent through the portal?

WHY WONT THEY RELEASE DECISIONS YET AGHHH

Reactions: 5 users
WHY WONT THEY RELEASE DECISIONS YET AGHHH
I've been waiting too long for this rejection! Must have closure. Emory was kind enough to feed me that kind pill a couple hours ago.

Today marks the 6 month anniversary of when I interviewed at UChicago. I'm still waiting to hear back lol

Reactions: 13 users
Today marks the 6 month anniversary of when I interviewed at UChicago. I'm still waiting to hear back lol

I think five months for me! (well +/- 1 day because damn that’s a long time ago and I can’t remember this stuff!)

Reactions: 1 user
Seriously does anyone know when to expect decisions? They told us end of February but that’s looking unlikely.

Can someone clarify whether they still are accepting people? Like, I'm sure at this point every single individual has been evaluated by the committee, and has a decision. Shouldn't they have called by now if you were accepted? It doesn't make sense why some would wait to be accepted. I'm just really skeptical and don't want to keep my hopes up.

on my interview day (one of the last), they said they would 100% get decisions out by/on March 1st. from the previous year's threads, calls and decisions went out on 3/1. I'm assuming they'll do the same this year.

on my interview day (one of the last), they said they would 100% get decisions out by/on March 1st. from the previous year's threads, calls and decisions went out on 3/1. I'm assuming they'll do the same this year.

Right but this is presumably for people who interviewed after January. It makes sense that acceptances will go out to those in that period, because they haven't gotten to them yet. But for those who interviewed in August - November? I'm not quite sure what the hold up is, for their acceptances. Few have reported acceptances, so it's tempting to think that there is still a chance, but it makes more sense that it's just that we're being waitlisted or rejected :/ .

From my interview day, our tour guide said the call was 4-6 weeks after he interviewed, and it seemed like that for most people who were there. So I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Right but this is presumably for people who interviewed after January. It makes sense that acceptances will go out to those in that period, because they haven't gotten to them yet. But for those who interviewed in August - November? I'm not quite sure what the hold up is, for their acceptances. Few have reported acceptances, so it's tempting to think that there is still a chance, but it makes more sense that it's just that we're being waitlisted or rejected :/ .

From my interview day, our tour guide said the call was 4-6 weeks after he interviewed, and it seemed like that for most people who were there. So I'm not keeping my hopes up.

I interviewed early December and they told me that decisions would come out either mid feb or late feb (march 1st). I'm basically counting on these decisions to come out March 1st. I get this is stressful and all for all of us but hey let's all take a step back, relax and we'll find out soon enough.

Rejected by email, interviewed early October... Hoping some of you get some calls next few days!

Waitlisted, interviewed in January. Any ideas about WL movement or if they’re receptive to LOIs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interviewed early September, waitlist, brutal wait.

Waitlisted.

3rd WL in the past 2 weeks, and 5th total of this cycle. Fortunately I have an acceptance at a school that I’m very happy with, but man, feeling like the side chick right now.

Waitlisted today as well. I have an acceptance that I will take, but this cycle has been very demoralizing overall. Kinda wishing I had taken a gap year instead.

MSAR says 9 acceptances offered to those on WL last cycle (?), but not sure how accurate it is.

Waitlisted.

3rd WL in the past 2 weeks, and 5th total of this cycle. Fortunately I have an acceptance at a school that I’m very happy with, but man, feeling like the side chick right now.
Ugh same. Up to 4 WLs, 2 in the past week.