2022-2023 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Very slow WL movement in May '23. It appears there are about 2 acceptances (average) early in the week (typically Mon) and about 1 decline in May '23. Keeping fingers crossed for folks on the WL.
Yeah we were chatting about it on Reddit earlier. Seems after they went through their entire WL last year I bet admissions changed their strategy and rejected less post II to widen the WL. Also CTE is earlier this year than last year- might play a role. But hang in there y'all- plenty of movement still going on out there!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah we were chatting about it on Reddit earlier. Seems after they went through their entire WL last year I bet admissions changed their strategy and rejected less post II to widen the WL. Also CTE is earlier this year than last year- might play a role. But hang in there y'all- plenty of movement still going on out there!
Do you think that after the CTE deadline, movement will pretty much die down? Also if a majority of us aren't going to get off the AL like last year, I wish they would've changed the wording of the letter ("strong likelihood of gaining admission"). This process is so mystifying, after all the work we put in as applicants, I wish schools kept us in the loop somehow instead of being completely in the dark.

Do you think that after the CTE deadline, movement will pretty much die down? Also if a majority of us aren't going to get off the AL like last year, I wish they would've changed the wording of the letter ("strong likelihood of gaining admission"). This process is so mystifying, after all the work we put in as applicants, I wish schools kept us in the loop somehow instead of being completely in the dark.
They said that??? Well that's news to me- they didn't say it to us last year in emails. And typically yes after CTE you have a drop off in pulling people off the WL. But keep in mind that the WL also shrinks throughout June and July due to people holding A's at other institutions and needing to CTE as well at different dates. So while you see less overall WL movement later on, if there is late movement, chances of getting off WL increase.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They said that??? Well that's news to me- they didn't say it to us last year in emails. And typically yes after CTE you have a drop off in pulling people off the WL. But keep in mind that the WL also shrinks throughout June and July due to people holding A's at other institutions and needing to CTE as well at different dates. So while you see less overall WL movement later on, if there is late movement, chances of getting off WL increase.
Oh wow, I assumed they kept it the same. In that case, it actually gives me hope that there's some substance to their wording, I guess we'll see!

Oh wow, I assumed they kept it the same. In that case, it actually gives me hope that there's some substance to their wording, I guess we'll see!
Sorry friends, what is CTE? I can only think of the brain condition when I hear this acronym!

Sorry friends, what is CTE? I can only think of the brain condition when I hear this acronym!
Commit to enroll (dropping all A's and waitlists and committing to the school)

Do you guys know when the CTE deadline is for this school? Feeling pretty hopeless about getting off WL :(

Just got off WL today!! First A of the cycle, can't put in words how relieving it is to not have to reapply. Rest of you keep your fingers crossed, I'm sure your time is coming -- they wouldn't have said strong chance of gaining admittance in the waitlist letter if they didn't mean it! There's still this week as well as June and July, I'm sure many more of you will get in sooner or later

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also just to confirm, the declaration of intent is non-binding and simply to hold our spot, right? Just that we'll lose our deposit, but still be able to stay on waitlists and withdraw?

How exactly does a school’s CTE date potentially affect waitlist movement? Also does this school accept any letters/ LOI from people on the waitlist? Thanks!

How exactly does a school’s CTE date potentially affect waitlist movement? Also does this school accept any letters/ LOI from people on the waitlist? Thanks!
There will be much less movement after CTE deadline, but if you're still on a waitlist, your chances go up if a spot opens as people CTE at other schools, if I understood what someone else on this thread told me correctly. RFU doesn't accept any updates/LOI's.

There will be much less movement after CTE deadline, but if you're still on a waitlist, your chances go up if a spot opens as people CTE at other schools, if I understood what someone else on this thread told me correctly. RFU doesn't accept any updates/LOI's.
Yeah that was me. The overall chances of getting off WL go down after CTE. However, IF a spot was to open after CTE, the chances of getting off WL in comparison to WL size go up.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for the replies! So it’s possible that the waitlist might keep moving until July 1, and afterwards it just depends on other factors, if I understand correctly.

Thanks for the replies! So it’s possible that the waitlist might keep moving until July 1, and afterwards it just depends on other factors, if I understand correctly.
Yes. I am told there are students here at RFU who got off WL post-CTE and even in August in the past. In my class, the best I could find was a student who got off mid-July (this was when CTE was July 16).

Reactions: 1 user

Basically, after CTE, the school knows pretty much the exact number of spots they'll need to fill their class since everyone remaining can only commit to RFU. Currently, there are still students who have an A but are on the WL for another school they might want more or have multiple A's and are waiting for financial aid packages.

In practice, this means you should expect sporadic movement until CTE as students may get off WLs or recieve FA offers. The few days after CTE should see a burst of acceptances as the school fills in the spots that are opened up. Past that, there's a lot less movement as spots will only come up if people drop their CTE which usually only happens for emergent situations.

Good movement on WL this week. At least 4 confirmed A this week on this this forum alone with 1 decline. Hopefully the trend continues in next few weeks and we get a chance to come of WL as well. :)

Groupme only has 116 ppl (including quite a few current students) and the class size is a little less than 200 so hopefully, you guys hear good news soon!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Groupme only has 116 ppl (including quite a few current students) and the class size is a little less than 200 so hopefully, you guys hear good news soon!
Can a GroupMe moderator DM me plz so I can join the group, thanks!

Would it be bad idea to call the school and ask if I am being considered? Sounds like a bad idea but feeling a bit anxious now.

• Care
Can a GroupMe moderator DM me plz so I can join the group, thanks!
So I am told that the only way to join the Groupme at this time is via the FB group. Granted if this is problematic, let me know.

I'm waitlisted, but I just got an email from Admissions to join the admitted students page. Has this happened to anyone else? The most recent update on my portal was my waitlist notice.

I'm waitlisted, but I just got an email from Admissions to join the admitted students page. Has this happened to anyone else? The most recent update on my portal was my waitlist notice.
It happened to me as well

Just got the email too. Accepted!

• Love
What do you guys think the chances of continued WL movement is? Really struggling to know if I should sign lease for my DO A or not.....

What do you guys think the chances of continued WL movement is? Really struggling to know if I should sign lease for my DO A or not.....
Feel the same way and wish we could get some clarity...based on SDN it appears that movement has only been happening on Mondays so looks like another week of waiting :/

Congrats to folks who were accepted. Do you all have time till July 1st to CTE to RFU or you need to do it earlier? I am assuming you have till July 1st to CTE even for folks coming of the WL. Is that correct?

Withdrawing my A, hoping it goes to someone reading this!

Reactions: 6 users
I am withdrawing my A as well. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
No movement on SDN today, but their Facebook group seemed to increase by >10 people today

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Withdrawing my A soon, hope it goes to one of you -- RFU will always have a special place in my heart as my first acceptance, best of luck to those still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users