2017-2018 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone else still in dead silence? been complete since late july and have heard nothing. i assume a pre-II rejection is coming soon since their interview season is wrapping up?
+2

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed here back in early October, and have yet to hear anything back. Does anyone have any clue on if they're doing post interview rejections? Loved the school, but after this much silence it's starting to reek of a rejection.

Reactions: 3 users
Hit with the pre-II R this morning, complete 10/1
Best of luck to everyone else

Rejected pre-ii this morning. Complete end of October, LM 75.

rejected just now. good luck to everyone else! LM ~75 complete mid-aug

Pre ii rejection just now complete mid July LM ~75. Glad to know they at least didn’t lose my app.

Finally got the pre-interview rejection. Complete 180 days ago on 7/26. First school I was complete at.
Congrats to all accepted and good luck to those still in the running!

Members don't see this ad :)
pre-II rejection, complete back in July. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Pre-II rejection finally! Yesterday at around 6pm. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

has anyone heard news on when they will release the next round of post-II decisions? seems to have been silent since a few in december

Reactions: 1 users
II TODAY!!! Super excited ahhh. Does anyone know exactly when interview day will end? The email says 4 pm closing session so I'm trying to figure out flight plans (which are incredibly expensive btw)

has anyone heard news on when they will release the next round of post-II decisions? seems to have been silent since a few in december

I interviewed this month and they told us late February/early March

Reactions: 1 user
II TODAY!!! Super excited ahhh. Does anyone know exactly when interview day will end? The email says 4 pm closing session so I'm trying to figure out flight plans (which are incredibly expensive btw)

It should end by 3:45-4. I got to Ohare at like 5:10

I interviewed Mid-November, and I'm wondering if anyone from that time has heard back. Does it mean we're waitlisted automatically if we hear nothing?

I interviewed here back in early October, and have yet to hear anything back. Does anyone have any clue on if they're doing post interview rejections? Loved the school, but after this much silence it's starting to reek of a rejection.
I interviewed in August and didn't hear about an acceptance until almost the end of December! It's definitely still possible.

Hi! Does anyone know the dates for Second Look weekend?

Second look is Friday April 6th thru Saturday the 7th :) student hosting will be provided starting Thursday night. Plan on being in Chicago thru Sunday (I presume that students will again host us Saturday night).

Are you going?? I have my tickets booked already haha

Second look is Friday April 6th thru Saturday the 7th :) student hosting will be provided starting Thursday night. Plan on being in Chicago thru Sunday (I presume that students will again host us Saturday night).

Are you going?? I have my tickets booked already haha
Not sure if I'm going..... still trying to figure out whether paying money for flights is worth it

Has information for revisit weekend gone out? I haven't received anything yet... Also, how do you know they cover the cost of flights?

Yes, at least some basic info was in the folder you should have received in the mail. However, I have heard nothing about flights being covered? That would be gnarly haha. @hotcheetomania where did you hear this?

Lol they pay for you to go there

I don't recall any revisit offering to subsidize travel for applicants in general - that could easily cost the school many tens of thousands of dollars. Only accepted MD/PhD candidates and sometimes very compelling financially disadvantaged applicants (depends on the school) will get their flights paid. If you think you fall into the second category, it might be worth a shot to email the admissions office, but otherwise revisit is like interviews where you pay your way to attend but once you're there everything is taken care of.

That being said, Pritzker revisit was by far the best organized and enjoyable revisit that I attended or heard about from other applicants. The meals, hosting, and activities during the weekend probably cost more than the plane tickets (not true of all revisits) and the informational sessions provided useful info and perspective. Current students are actively involved in the sessions so there's never an administrator lecturing you from a PowerPoint ad nauseam (yes, that happened elsewhere). If you have the funds, I'd highly recommend accepted applicants to come! The revisit ends Saturday night, and you can get more bang for your airline buck if you spend the next day exploring Chicago or scouting housing options (student hosts are available Saturday night so no extra hotel fees).

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed this month and they told us late February/early March

I wonder if they will update all of the interviewees of their status (accepted, WL, etc.) at that time as well? Besides acceptances it's just been silence for all of the post-IIs, right?

I wonder if they will update all of the interviewees of their status (accepted, WL, etc.) at that time as well? Besides acceptances it's just been silence for all of the post-IIs, right?
yup, silence here

Just booked my flights for second look weekend! Look forward to meeting some of you there. :)

Reactions: 4 users
My status after my interview still says “your application is ready”... does everyone’s say this? Or do people have other ones? (After their interview)

My status after my interview still says “your application is ready”... does everyone’s say this? Or do people have other ones? (After their interview)
Mine says the same post-interview! :) It'd be nice to hear some updates post-interview soon :yawn:

Reactions: 2 users
does Pritzker have a systems-based curriculum or a "classific curriculum"? It seems like from their website it looks a bit more classic but I just wanted to make sure..

It is classific, not systems based. Also I spoke with someone from admissions tonight and she said they were trying to get all post-interview decisions out by the end of this month.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
anyone know when early December interviewees might hear back? trying to be patient...

For those who have been accepted without scholarship, does Pritzker usually update/announce financial aid packages before revisit? Submitted the aid documents at the start of this month.

anyone know when early December interviewees might hear back? trying to be patient...
I'm getting anxious. I interviewed in early December and they said the earliest we would hear back is mid-February and the latest would be March 1st.

I'm getting anxious. I interviewed in early December and they said the earliest we would hear back is mid-February and the latest would be March 1st.
i interviewed a bit later than you and they said that they would aim for decision to be out by late Feb, but 100% everything is out by March 1st

September interviewee checking in here...anxiety lol