2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tuesday , May 01, 2018

Dear (name):

We regret to inform you that we cannot offer you a seat in the NSU Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine (NSU MD) Fall 2018 Class.

We appreciate your interest in our medical program, as well as the significant time and effort that you put into the preparation of your application. You were among a group of highly regarded interviewees, selected from an applicant pool of over 1,300 candidates to NSU MD. The admission process at this stage is very competitive and the Admissions Committee is tasked with making extremely difficult decisions. As a result, many well-qualified applicants will not be chosen to join our class.

Should you decide to apply to our program again, you will be required to submit a new application via AMCAS. The 2018-19 application cycle will commence on July 1st and close in October 2018. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback regarding your file at this time.

Thank you for considering NSU MD. We wish you success in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
A moment of silence for those that we've lost...

lJkyp29.jpg

Reactions: 17 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from 4/6 interview heard back?
Yeah. I interviewed 4/6 and was waitlisted 4/26... I saw one other person from 4/6 also post that she was waitlisted. Have you heard back?

Yeah. I interviewed 4/6 and was waitlisted 4/26... I saw one other person from 4/6 also post that she was waitlisted. Have you heard back?

I have not heard back. I called and they said they are rereviewing my file tomorrow. Hopefully that’s a good thing? Lol

I have not heard back. I called and they said they are rereviewing my file tomorrow. Hopefully that’s a good thing? Lol
Ahh, good luck! Keep me posted.. I'm curious to know why only a few were WL from that date already while others haven't yet.

Maybe they're also reviewing WL applicants tomorrow, and there'll be another round of acceptances/rejections from WL by friday

Members don't see this ad :)
Facebook page now has 37 members (with the 3 admins) so I guess people are slowly moving off WL
Fingers crossed for all of us who are still waiting

Reactions: 1 user
Facebook page now has 37 members (with the 3 admins) so I guess people are slowly moving off WL
I wouldn't be surprised if that's it for the major wave of movement. It's a small class, so even five people of the waitlist (10% of the class) is considered significant, right?

May not be people being pulled off the waitlist, but rather people finally accepting their nova offers.

Reactions: 1 users
May not be people being pulled off the waitlist, but rather people finally accepting their nova offers.

Good point! Still holding on, really hope a lot of us get moved off WL

I really don't expect too much movement this point forward. I think they experienced their initial wave of movements unfortunately

Reactions: 1 user
I really don't expect too much movement this point forward. I think they experienced their initial wave of movements unfortunately
I disagree. People are still waitlisted at other schools you never know how many will get offers and jump ship.

Has anyone called/emailed to see what's going on? I know there was a little movement last week, but I'm surprised that no ones posted anything since.

I disagree. People are still waitlisted at other schools you never know how many will get offers and jump ship.
Well I mean if 5 people move that's over 10% of their class. That's the same as 20 people getting of the wailist in a class of 200

Well I mean if 5 people move that's over 10% of their class. That's the same as 20 people getting of the wailist in a class of 200

Wouldn't say it's quite the same. It's a new school without guaranteed scholarships. Many accepted students I talked to said they were not attending if they got off the waitlist at another school.

Last edited:
Just got an email asking if I want to remain on the waitlist so I guess this means no more rejection waves?

Is there a reason for calling this an "alternate list" instead of a waitlist?

Basically another waitlist for students that want to remain on their waitlist I'm assuming. Sounds more professional lol

Is there a reason for calling this an "alternate list" instead of a waitlist?

It's just a distinction from waitlisted people who choose not to be moved to the alternate list. It seems like they are getting more serious about managing movement now though.

? But the email said if we don't choose to be moved to alternate list, our application will be withdrawn so I thought this wasn't really a choice thing. Is there now a waitlist vs. alternate list situation with one of higher priority over the other, or all waitlist people get to choose to stay under consideration and just get renamed "alternate list"

? But the email said if we don't choose to be moved to alternate list, our application will be withdrawn so I thought this wasn't really a choice thing. Is there now a waitlist vs. alternate list situation with one of higher priority over the other, or all waitlist people get to choose to stay under consideration and just get renamed "alternate list"

It's just their way of seeing who is serious about staying on the waitlist by forcing people to respond via email. If they can get rid of some people who don't actually want to be there then everyone benefits. Some people were already accepted to other schools so this is their chance to leave the waitlist.

One isn't higher priority over the other, cause if you don't move to the alternate list you're getting withdrawn.

Just got the alternate list email too. Do you guys think it's still ranked?

Almost completely sure this will still be ranked. Especially if it's as MareNostrummm mentioned and it's just their way of filtering out people who have no interest in staying on the list

Reactions: 2 users
Got the email too. I'm curious to know how many people plan to stay on it. I got another MD acceptance, but I would heavily consider NOVA for various reasons. Hope this is a good sign

That’s awesome congrats! Did you get an email today?

Yup! I actually called Nova earlier this week to ask about something and she mentioned that they'd probably send out some updates later this week or next week but I honestly wasn't expecting anything until next week at the earliest so this is the best surprise ever.