2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anxiously awaiting a scholarship update :bored:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anxiously awaiting a scholarship update :bored:

Me too! Based on previous posts in the thread it seems people are getting informed of scholarships on Thursday/Friday. Although I’m guessing the school will have a better understanding of how the financial aid will be distributed after today when people can hold only one acceptance. Who knows though

Reactions: 1 user
giphy.gif

Waiting ⏳⌛️

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone is interested, I got bored at work and went through the thread to get a general idea of how many people received acceptances, waitlists, etc. on this thread. Take these numbers as you will, of course. I wouldn’t be able to tell you whether SDN is a representative sample of applicants. Also all numbers are just ballpark cos I easily could’ve missed something.

Accepted: 18
Waitlisted: ~ 30

Of those accepted, 5 have reported that they’ve withdrawn. By contrast, about 5 others have either expressed that they *will* be attending, or expressed that there’s at least a high likelihood they matriculate. That leaves about 8 in the middle, who are likely sitting on waitlists elsewhere, or just haven’t reported one way or the other.

Additionally, at least one reported acceptance was via waitlist.

Based on all of this, I’d say, among SDN users, somewhere around half of those initially accepted will actually attend. Again, idk if that’s representative, but this seems like fair enough evidence that WL movement will be decent.

Reactions: 6 users
For what it’s worth, the Facebook group members have dropped from 39 to 33 (including the admins)

For what it’s worth, the Facebook group members have dropped from 39 to 33 (including the admins)

This is true, and for those wondering there are 3 admins in the group so there’s 30 accepted people in it. That said, I met several people at second look not in the group, so the number still with a position in the class is likely higher than 30 right now but may change (likely decrease in number) by the end of the day since there’s still time left. I’d encourage everyone to take a deep breath and distract yourselves for now!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

After some mental anguish, I withdrew from here. I really do think this school will be awesome. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that interviewed in March/April still not heard back yet post interview?

Has anyone that interviewed in March/April still not heard back yet post interview?

Me :(
I realize that as the last interview group my turnaround answer post-interview will be shorter than probably most people but it still makes me anxious that I don't even know if I'm waitlisted

Accepted off the waitlist

Reactions: 15 users
Welp I just got the R. Good luck everyone else.

Are these all rejections from the waitlist?

I got a rejection email from the waitlist too. I called them and they said they’re narrowing the wailist.

Did everyone get this email around the same time? what time? I feel like im going to hurl

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how many people were on the waitlist initially?

+1 to rejected off the waitlist lol. Oh well. I think the annoying thing is that they can't provide us feedback on our application.

Did anyone waitlist not get a rejection? I didn't hear anything, but cortisol levels are through the roof

This waitlist spring cleaning is probably pretty good news for you all who survived. I would assume that, based on their retention of accepted applicants following yesterday's multiple-acceptance deadline, they're now able to better gauge how deep into the waitlist they'll need to go. My guess is that they narrowed down the list accordingly, and that those of you still in the running are in decent shape.

Reactions: 1 user
This waitlist spring cleaning is probably pretty good news for you all who survived. I would assume that, based on their retention of accepted applicants following yesterday's multiple-acceptance deadline, they're now able to better gauge how deep into the waitlist they'll need to go. My guess is that they narrowed down the list accordingly, and that those of you still in the running are in decent shape.

Even if it went from ~200 -> ~100 on the waitlist you could still be in bad shape if you're not in the top 50. I doubt they rejected even 100 people right off the bat today so there may be more rejection waves coming.

No rejection yet, but still wary. I almost bet there were 375 people on that waitlist, which is a ton for a class of 50

We were told at second look they received 4000 applications before they closed it down and interviewed just under 300.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

We were told at second look they received 4000 applications before they closed it down and interviewed just under 300.

Sent from my iPhone using
Oh okay! Didn't know that. That's still a decent amount though

Trying to convince myself that correspondence is over for the day, yet i'm refreshing this site, and my email every few moments
Great self control, really

Reactions: 3 users
Also rejected from the waitlist, just over an hour ago. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone mind posting exactly what the email said?