2020-2021 Nova Southeastern (MD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had emailed in January if they accept updates and such and how long their cycle goes and they told me that they hold interviews through the beginning of May! Perhaps they review and have sent all by end of March and they're scheduled out through May?
admissions told me the same thing today! they review apps through March and interview through the first week of May!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
admissions told me the same thing today! they review apps through March and interview through the first week of May!

I also asked admissions when they will be sending interview invites out until and they said April but they don't have an exact timeframe yet

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! I was wondering, because NSU MD only accepts 50 students in the class, is there an overall application tracker to see how many acceptances have been given out to gauge where they are in the cycle? I know some schools release this information and have a public application tracker..
I don’t think there is, but I think they accept 2-3x their class size!

Members don't see this ad :)
excited to have received an II! Is there only VITA and a group interview for NSU?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
excited to have received an II! Is there only VITA and a group interview for NSU?
Disregard, I just saw they confirm this in the email. Only VITA and PBL/group interview. Looking forward to it!!

II as well. Complete mid-July. Can anyone talk about how they prepared for the interview and what their experience was like?

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II as well. Complete mid-July. Can anyone talk about how they prepared for the interview and what their experience was like?
This was probably the most chill interview I attended. The beginning portion is mainly just learning about how financial aid works and what the curriculum is like (which, honestly, learning about the curriculum was my absolute favorite part of the entire day). Afterward, you talk with students and get a feel for what NSU is like. From what I could remember, the only "interview" portion is the PBL type session which you can't really prepare for. Just embrace the experience and be yourself! :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my interview invite from here, hope it goes to one of you guys! Best of luck all :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
How long after the interview does it typically take to receive an update? Also, any tips for the VITA?

They said 3-4 weeks max but they are all caught up right now so it is likely sooner- they said their timeframe is an “under-promise and over-deliver” approach. VITA is easy, it’s a little like Casper but much easier since you can talk instead of type.

Just got off the waitlist and accepted interviewed early december

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed november, WL december, accepted yesterday but declined – hopefully it can go to one of you :)

• Care
  • Love
Does NSU send out Pre-II R's or do they wait to send those out till the end of the cycle?

This thread doesn't seem that active. Has Nova been pretty quiet so far this cycle?

This thread doesn't seem that active. Has Nova been pretty quiet so far this cycle?
Yes it seems like it. I know they have a really long cycle. Admissions told me they interview through the first week of May so I am assuming that interviews are pretty spread out

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got my WL notification last night after a 2/19 interview, honestly surprised it's not a R because my VITA was atrocious, my boyfriend interrupted me in the middle of recording it to bring me a coffee lol, so don't worry if your VITA wasn't great because apparently there's still hope!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hey all! I submitted my secondary application literally the day of the deadline (Feb. 28). I probably don’t have a shot, but can anyone confirm they would even consider an app that late for IIs? Haven’t been following the thread super closely, but it looks like students are receiving interview invites now after being complete much earlier in the cycle. Thank you all so much!

Last edited:
I dont believe they send out R's post II b/c everyone I've seen gets either A or WL.

web site says around 50 seats, but when i called to check the status, i kind of heard 200, now i am not sure if i heard correctly

web site says around 50 seats, but when i called to check the status, i kind of heard 200, now i am not sure if i heard correctly
Did you call the MD program?

I think thats how many they accept

just got ii! is, 4.0/511. i was complete in late august so it's been a while - cycle is not over yet ppl

Last edited:
  • Love
Received an interview invite as well but will be turning it down. Complete mid-August

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Got an interview as well! Safe to say we are interviewing for the waitlist?

Got an interview as well! Safe to say we are interviewing for the waitlist?
well if they're interviewing until MAY then I hope not. But it does seem like a 50% acceptance rate since 300+ interview and 140+ get in

They’ve had movement throughout the cycle, but I’m assuming after April 30th since that’s when we narrow down to one school!
When you say we that we way it implies I also hold 2 or more acceptances

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Hey all! I submitted my secondary application literally the day of the deadline (Feb. 28). I probably don’t have a shot, but can anyone confirm they would even consider an app that late for IIs? Haven’t been following the thread super closely, but it looks like students are receiving interview invites now after being complete much earlier in the cycle. Thank you all so much!
Yes llama.