2019-2020 Nova Southeastern (Allopathic)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m not in it but it says 26. (But there are probably admins, people who aren’t planning to enroll, people who are that don't have Facebook or haven’t joined, etc.)
22 students and 4 admins in the group so far

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, people that have not joined can join through the link, and I also made a WhatsApp group chat so that we can communicate through there in the meantime.

Yes, people that have not joined can join through the link, and I also made a WhatsApp group chat so that we can communicate through there in the meantime.
How can I get added to the WhatsApp chat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 8 users
Withdrew! I hope my acceptance goes to one of you that really wants to attend this school. Good luck future doctors!

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted off the waitlist! Probably will be withdrawing, though, so best of luck to all of you!

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted off the waitlist! Probably will be withdrawing, though, so best of luck to all of you!
Congrats! If you don’t mind me asking, when did you interview and when were you waitlisted?

did anybody get in here yet with an mcat below 510? All of my friends have been accepted here and I'm wondering how they're picking their students

I got in with 509 MCAT 3.6 overall gpa and 3.4 science gpa - high service and 5 publications but seems like a holistic approach to me

did anybody get in here yet with an mcat below 510? All of my friends have been accepted here and I'm wondering how they're picking their students
509 mcat and ~3.6 science and cumulative gpa, 5 publications but still waitlist chilling. as a new school my guess is they’re trying to get high mcat people first

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance from here! Hope it goes to the people still waiting on their first acceptance :) hang in there my friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 13 users
Did anybody from the 4/10 interview hear back yet OR not hear back yet?

Last edited:
Just heard back from an april interview date, waitlisted LM 69 OOS. Really hoping for some movement here soon.

Reactions: 2 users
509 mcat and ~3.6 science and cumulative gpa, 5 publications but still waitlist chilling. as a new school my guess is they’re trying to get high mcat people first

514 MCAT, 3.52 cGPA, 3.67scGPA, 2 pubs, and pretty lit ECs and I sent them a LOI and I'm still chillin' here in purgatory with you :(.

Does Nova reject anybody post interview? Or do they waitlist and/or accept every applicant that interviews?

Good question, I haven't seen any post-II R's reported here for this cycle yet.

Still seems a bit unfair to the 200 of us that really don’t have a chance post interview.... or no?
I don’t think it’s unfair to anyone. I’d much rather be on a waitlist and not get in than get un-rejected when I’ve already like signed a lease at my second choice. (But I’m fortunate to have other acceptances, that obviously sways my opinion.)

Interviewed on 4/17. Waitlisted Yesterday.

MCAT: 514

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
For what it's worth, the class facebook group now has 28 members (someone said before that 4 are admins).

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if the other 24 people in the group are all accepted applicants for class of 2024?
It’s a private group, so they have been accepted, but no one can be sure whether or not they will ultimately accept NSU’s offer of admission (they might be on a waitlist elsewhere.)

so last year they had insane movement, accepted everyone on the WL and even unrejected ppl.... THIS year they've been dead silent and no WL movement? :unsure: its a ranked WL anyways I dont get what they're waiting for

• Sad
Which one of y'all is brave enough to ask ?? LOOOOL

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
so last year they had insane movement, accepted everyone on the WL and even unrejected ppl.... THIS year they've been dead silent and no WL movement? :unsure: its a ranked WL anyways I dont get what they're waiting for
From what I understand from the 2020 waitlist support cycle is that there is a general consensus that WL movement is delayed due to the coronavirus situation. Don’t lose hope just yet!

From what I understand from the 2020 waitlist support cycle is that there is a general consensus that WL movement is delayed due to the coronavirus situation. Don’t lose hope just yet!
I don't think it's coronavirus related, they have sent out decisions recently. Also, most of the waitlist movement was mid/late May last year.

Reactions: 1 user
Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 10.52.46 AM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
has anyone called in? Jamie has always been very nice and helpful, I'm sure she'd give some info

• Hmm
I am interested in knowing how many people are on the waitlist. It seems they've waitlisted everyone except for the select few who have been accepted (Like 2-3 from each interview group). LOL. Wild.

Hey guys,
Not sure if this is what is going on but a friend interviewed May 1st and they told him 2 weeks for decisions to be sent out. I think maybe after interview decisions finish then we should see some movement on the waitlist. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
the fact that they even did a may 1st interview and had a ton of interviews virtually while other schools cancelled them is truly mind boggling

Can someone muster up courage and ask Jamie, she seems very friendly and approachable.

the fact that they even did a may 1st interview and had a ton of interviews virtually while other schools cancelled them is truly mind boggling
most annoying part of this is that they’ve accepted multiple people who did the virtual interview. i get if they want to interview for ppl to lengthen their waitlist given what happened last year. but to accept multiple people from these virtual interviews while we are all stuck waiting is pretty bs. how can they genuinely compare two people who had a completely different interview condition

• Sad
At least most of these interviews were scheduled before it went virtual. It was very kind of them to still interview people and not just cancel it when they had their hopes up for an interview. Not ideal but this cycle is just different. Movement will happen I’m sure but they deserved just as much of a chance as everyone else.

Just wondering how you know people have gotten accepted who did virtual interviews? I thought most were waitlisted.

most annoying part of this is that they’ve accepted multiple people who did the virtual interview. i get if they want to interview for ppl to lengthen their waitlist given what happened last year. but to accept multiple people from these virtual interviews while we are all stuck waiting is pretty bs. how can they genuinely compare two people who had a completely different interview condition

Just wondering how you know people have gotten accepted who did virtual interviews? I thought most were waitlisted.
I have multiple friends who did the virtual interviews and were accepted

• Wow
Looking back at this thread to january-ish, everyone was basically waitlisted who interviewed between october-march in person. It seems like it was almost advantageous to do a late virtual interview here.

• Sad
  • Angry
I interviewed in person out of state in January and i was initially waitlisted and then accepted - i am on the waitlist elsewhere and probably won’t end up going here but i think all schools are delayed because of vivid so i haven’t given my seat up yet because I’m still waiting elsewhere. This pandemic has made an already obnoxious waiting game even worse. Movement will come though!

We don’t deserve it any more than someone with a virtual interview so why does that sting so bad

Just wanted to let you all know that I emailed Jamie and she said that their class is not full yet and they are still expecting movement

Reactions: 8 users
We don’t deserve it any more than someone with a virtual interview so why does that sting so bad

I feel this. Being waitlisted halfway through the application cycle is confusing if at the same time the school is interviewing in april. At least cut some of the waitlist, or provide some sort of update. Just my thoughts.

I guess it seems weird to me that they would distribute their interviews entirely evenly. Like at most schools, April interviews are for your <1st quartile applicants. And yeah, I would rather be rejected than be strung along past May.

alternative list email just now.... hopefully movement to come!

What is this "alternative" list? Just another name for the waitlist lol?

Hey everyone!

I just got placed on the alternate list today as well.

I am a bit confused though. Can someone explain how this is different from a wait-list?