2020-2021 Nova Southeastern (MD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what year are you at Nova? Do you like Nova so far?

not the person you originally asked, but I am a third year at NSU MD and just started my rotations. I also picked NSU over a more established school. I have overall liked it, and the faculty are student first and want you to succeed, feel free to pm me with more questions

Was accepted off the waitlist exactly a week ago

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Any other updates from anyone else? It seems like the class is almost full, maybe ~40 based on FB group?

I wonder why the class hasn’t been filled yet. It’s already June after all. Or is it more likely that 13 people just don’t have FB?

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder why the class hasn’t been filled yet. It’s already June after all. Or is it more likely that 13 people just don’t have FB?
Both seem equally likely. The reasons the class may be unfilled includes the newness of the program. Maybe people are dropping the acceptance here in favor of an acceptance to another school? They have to give people 5 days time to decide on their offer before they can contact another alternate list candidate for that same seat.

UCF is also still trying to fill their class of 120. FIU actually overfilled by like 30 students and is trying to get people to defer for a year with scholarships.

Let me tell you, it's far better to be pulling 50+ people off the waitlist between May-July than losing hundreds of thousands because you overfilled the class by 30+ seats and have to force people to delay a year of their life with generous scholarship offers. :laugh: It's sad to string students along by waitlisting them at #350 on the list, but the FIU situation is probably why some school's waitlists are bigger than the class itself.

it’s not unfilled. There are currently 47 students in the class roster on Canvas

Accepted from Alternate List yesterday (6/9/21). Need to decide between NSU MD and another school by June 14

Reactions: 1 users
not the person you originally asked, but I am a third year at NSU MD and just started my rotations. I also picked NSU over a more established school. I have overall liked it, and the faculty are student first and want you to succeed, feel free to pm me with more questions
Could I send you more questions? It doesn't look like I am able to message you directly, since your profile isn't able to be viewed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Others have been able to msg, let me msg you and see if you can reply
Hi! I also have a few questions and it seems I can't message you either. Would you also be able to message me when you get a chance?

Hey everyone!! I am still on the waitlist but just received an email to confirm my identity and create student portal. I didn’t received any email about been accepted, not sure what this all means. Did anyone got the same email?

Hey everyone!! I am still on the waitlist but just received an email to confirm my identity and create student portal. I didn’t received any email about been accepted, not sure what this all means. Did anyone got the same email?
Did you recently add them to your FAFSA? Cause I got something similar right after adding them but I’m still on the WL as well.

Any other updates on the class? Would you guys call the cycle over or is there like still a chance in July/August?

Thank you for the update! I guess it’s over :(
Classes don't start until a month from now so it could still fluctuate. But yeah I was stuck in this position last year at USF Morsani and it sucked. Thankfully I got into NSU this time, which was my only MD interview. If not now, then next time for sure unless you're already accepted elsewhere. Best of luck to you

Reactions: 1 users
Just got rejected.. was on wl since November

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just got rejected.. was on wl since November
Same here. I was on the alternate list (one step between acceptance and the WL) so I assume they've got everyone CTE and will probably hold maybe 5-10 people on the alternate list just in case there are last minute withdrawals.

I didn't send a Letter of Intent but I imagine if you did, you'd be on that short list.