2019-2020 Nova Southeastern (Allopathic)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yup everybody on the waitlist has been offered a spot on the alternate list. There is no difference, just an opportunity to show that you're still interested.

So can we save ourselves from the 100 notifications that might inevitably come from this...

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A little late but withdrew from the WL several days ago. Good luck everyone, I'm rooting for y'all! :)

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Will not be accepting my position on the alternate list since I was accepted at a much cheaper school. Good luck to you all! :)

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Some of my thoughts:

1. I noticed the facebook group number keeps fluctuating a few members by the day. I wonder if they are giving acceptances daily and people are withdrawing. Right now it is back at 28, meaning minus 4 administrators is 24 students.
2. I noticed a lot of people waitlisted on this thread are also on other waitlists, some people with multiple schools. This means even after A's are given here there still likely be more movement if the accepted students get accepted other places. A lot of people are withdrawing A's due to cost and the fact its a new school.
3. Last year, a lot of movement happened soon after they placed people on the alternate list, so hopefully we will hear back soon.

Any one else with their thoughts?

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 9 users
Not that I've heard. Is CTE May 15th? I saw different responses to this question earlier in the thread. Hopefully more movement after that.
maybe starting tomorrow as Alt list response was due today. Didn’t specify when so i’d assume end of the day today

Reactions: 2 users
Do you think they have to meet again and discuss each candidate
or release acceptances based on established ranking?

Do you think they have to meet again and discuss each candidate
or release acceptances based on established ranking?
I spoke on the phone with an administrator involved in the waitlist early this year. She said they have an internal ranking, but don't necessarily follow it strictly. Seems like they take a group of students in similar rank and briefly review their app, updates, etc to choose who to take off.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I called today and was told CTE is June 15th (maybe a mistake?) and the class would be finalized by end of June.

Reactions: 8 users
Recently wait listed and I did not accept the alternative spot since I already committed to another school. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 9 users
Today I am going to withdraw my A. I hope it goes to one of you wonderful applicants!

Reactions: 7 users
Also just accepted off the waitlist!

Reactions: 11 users
I was just resent a copy of my waitlist decision email...what does that mean

i almost had a heart attack that was so mean

i almost had a heart attack that was so mean
did u call Jamie?? Im on the WL and didnt receive that, maybe they meant to send u an A and the system glitched or something. id call Jamie asap.

Reactions: 1 user
did u call Jamie?? Im on the WL and didnt receive that, maybe they meant to send u an A and the system glitched or something. id call Jamie asap.
I emailed admissions almost immediately but I'll try calling, thank you

I called and they said it was just a glitch. Still on the alternate list.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else not get that waitlist email?

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted like 3 weeks ago and was just re sent my admission letter - they are struggling over there my goodness.

Reactions: 4 users
Would those of you who got accepted today mind sharing your basic stats?

Reactions: 7 users
If we were just accepted, are we able to see the "choose your medical school" link yet on our AMCAS login?

Hello y’all! I sent an email withdrawing my acceptance at the beginning of this month, but I got another acceptance email today with the date still being the same as when I first got the acceptance letter. Is this a mistake? It’s not showing up on choose ur medical school tool on the amcas portal. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Or is there a better way to withdraw? I used the [email protected] email to tell them bc I couldn’t access the application portal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello y’all! I sent an email withdrawing my acceptance at the beginning of this month, but I got another acceptance email today with the date still being the same as when I first got the acceptance letter. Is this a mistake? It’s not showing up on choose ur medical school tool on the amcas portal. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Or is there a better way to withdraw? I used the [email protected] email to tell them bc I couldn’t access the application portal

If you scroll up a bit you’ll see, but others have had the same thing happen, it’s all good.

Does anybody know if classes are going to be online in the fall? Or any other covid related changes?

Does anybody know if classes are going to be online in the fall? Or any other covid related changes?
For now, NSU has announced the classes are going to start in person in the fall, but of course this may change if things worsen, hopefully not.

Well, after that wave of WL acceptances on Friday: anyone wanna take a gander at the accepted students FB page and let us know what the group membership is at now?

Well, after that wave of WL acceptances on Friday: anyone wanna take a gander at the accepted students FB page and let us know what the group membership is at now?
i see just 27 still... 3/4 of which are admins

I still haven’t been accepted to the page so the number might not include the recent acceptances

Reactions: 1 users