2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else not get the secondary yet? Submitted 10/29

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have any idea what a PBL Environment is?

Took a PBL science course in UG, which was supposed to mimic our medical school's PBL. We had a group of 8 and each week we were given a write-up with questions to help guide our learning. We looked it all up and shared it with the group and went forward with our presentation from there. My professor really didn't do anything but grade our presentations, so I'm not sure if it'll be any different in medical school.

Addendum: secondary rec'd

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Please provide an example that indicates your ability to function effectively as a productive member of a team working toward a common objective. Elaborate on leadership roles you held in this capacity and how you solved problems that arose. Indicate highlights learned from this experience. (Maximum 4000 characters)

Please share some personal examples of problem solving in a team environment and/or leadership experience that would lead to your success in a PBL environment. (Maximum 4000 characters)

Can someone explain wtf the difference between these two questions are? It sounds nearly identical

Can someone explain wtf the difference between these two questions are? It sounds nearly identical

Lol, I thought the same thing when I started writing. I think they are identical but prompt 2 extends the question. Where prompt 1 is talk about experience -> talk about what you learned, prompt 2 is talk about experience -> talk about what you learned -> talk about how this will help in a PBL style classroom.

Secondary submitted! Interested to see what the turn around is going to be. LizzyM 71.

Did you type up near the max word count?

Of course not! Average across all essays is probably around 2k characters. I highly doubt they expect you to write 6+ 4k character essays. I'm of the belief that you're better off writing a solid 1-2k character essay than a bloated, fluff-filled 3-4k character one.

Lol, I thought the same thing when I started writing. I think they are identical but prompt 2 extends the question. Where prompt 1 is talk about experience -> talk about what you learned, prompt 2 is talk about experience -> talk about what you learned -> talk about how this will help in a PBL style classroom.
Di you receive an email after submission
i just submitted as well but I have FAP and I did not pay the fee.

Di you receive an email after submission
i just submitted as well but I have FAP and I did not pay the fee.

I didn't get an email when I submitted either. Was considering calling them on Monday. .

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary submitted, did anyone get a confirmation email?

WOW how come noone told me about this... SUBMITTING TONIGHT!

And also how long does it takes to get the secondary?

Going broke this month for sure.

Don't worry about getting a complete email, they are probably still catching up on sending the personalized secondary link to all primaries submitted over these past 2 weeks.

Anyone else submit the primary the first day and still waiting on a secondary? I'm kind of upset I haven't gotten one yet:( with a LM of 70ish, I'm surprised I haven't heard anything yet... especially because I doubt they screen? Man, I was really hoping to be ahead of the curve on this one..

Anyone else submit the primary the first day and still waiting on a secondary? I'm kind of upset I haven't gotten one yet:( with a LM of 70ish, I'm surprised I haven't heard anything yet... especially because I doubt they screen? Man, I was really hoping to be ahead of the curve on this one..
Do they screen prior to sending the secondary?

Sent from my SM-A300H using SDN mobile

Do you guys think number 6, "Were you employed full-time (or part-time) during your undergraduate or graduate years?" includes gap years without being enrolled in school after graduating from undergrad

Do you guys think number 6, "Were you employed full-time (or part-time) during your undergraduate or graduate years?" includes gap years without being enrolled in school after graduating from undergrad

No

What if, during one semester, a job WAS your semester (class credit awarded for the job)? I understand this probably isn’t what they’re looking for, but I’m leaning towards yes because it was employment and it was during my enrollment as a student.

What if, during one semester, a job WAS your semester (class credit awarded for the job)? I understand this probably isn’t what they’re looking for, but I’m leaning towards yes because it was employment and it was during my enrollment as a student.
I'm sure others may feel differently, but I'm of the opinion that it couldn't hurt to note that. I would probably just keep it concise if it's something that is already elaborated upon previously in your application. Again, I can't say for sure but I guess a phone call or email couldn't hurt to confirm this.
It's tough sometimes to find that line between trying to elaborate on your experiences and not worrying about getting docked for incorrectly interpreting directions I guess

Finally finished my secondary! Sent primary 10/28, didn't receive secondary until 11/10... and I just had some major mental block about the first two questions until now. Of all the times, I had a breakthrough moment in the shower today, and immediately ran down and finished my secondary and submitted.

What is it about the shower that's so awesome for promoting deep thoughts, anyway?

Weird, but good for you! I submitted Saturday evening (11/11) and received no confirmation yet. When did you submit?
But did you get notified that the school has received your secondary?

But did you get notified that the school has received your secondary?
Nope. No email received post submitting secondary and paying the fee. I am positive it was submitted because when I click the link they sent in the initial email, my answers are already filled in!

Nope. No email received post submitting secondary and paying the fee. I am positive it was submitted because when I click the link they sent in the initial email, my answers are already filled in!

Same here, no email confirmation but received the message after submission of fee payment.
Thank you for your payment. Please retain a copy of this message for your records. Your secondary application will be processed and forwarded to the Nova Southeastern University College of Allopathic Medicine (NSU M.D. College), and then screened by NSU M.D. College for interview consideration.

You will receive a determination on your application within 2-3 weeks of your payment submission. If you have any additional questions regarding the application process, please contact admissions at [email protected]. Good luck, and we look forward to reviewing your application soon.

Reactions: 2 users
Same here, no email confirmation but received the message after submission of fee payment.
Thank you for your payment. Please retain a copy of this message for your records. Your secondary application will be processed and forwarded to the Nova Southeastern University College of Allopathic Medicine (NSU M.D. College), and then screened by NSU M.D. College for interview consideration.

You will receive a determination on your application within 2-3 weeks of your payment submission. If you have any additional questions regarding the application process, please contact admissions at [email protected]. Good luck, and we look forward to reviewing your application soon.
submitted secondary on the 10th and no confirmation email, I got the same thing after payment.

I never noticed that "determination" kicker. I'm curious to see if that actually happens...

Jk guys i may be wrong here. I hadn't heard much about nova before applying and after some research I decided to apply to both programs at the same time. I thought the email was the allopathic confirmation but it may have been the osteopathic confirmation. It didn't specify which school it was and the file attached to the email was corrupted but I'm leaning towards it being the DO school.

I can't motivate myself to fill out this secondary

Reactions: 6 users
Completed the secondary today.

Btw, for FAP approved applicants, I believe you just submit and you're done (at least that what it seems like the app said)-can anyone confirm?

Completed the secondary today.

Btw, for FAP approved applicants, I believe you just submit and you're done (at least that what it seems like the app said)-can anyone confirm?
+1

Did anyone ever get a confirmation upon submitting?

anyone hopeful that they actually meant the 2-3 week review process? seems optimistic