2017-2018 A.T. Still University - School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (ATSU-SOMA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There's a designated ride share spot at the airport for Uber and Lyft - it's easy to locate. :)

EDIT: Uber/Lyft will be about $15 to East Mesa. If you're concerned about price, you can take a $2 light rail all the way down to downtown Mesa where it ends and pick up an Uber/Lyft the rest of the way. Will take longer and will probably only save you about $5 bucks.

This is good to know! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

There are PLENTY of Uber and Lyft drivers that will take you to Mesa. Mesa is one of the biggest cities in Arizona so you definitely won't have trouble getting a rideshare.

Awesome!

Hey guys, I'll be interviewing here on 9/18. I live about 30 minutes away from AT Still and I'm opening up our guest bedroom for someone that is interviewing on the same date. I also have a car so we can ride over together the morning of! I'll be attending the Dean's welcome the night before, too. This process is draining my wallet so would love to help one of you folks out.

PM for details.

Ps - I have large doodle that would be great, pre-interview therapy ;)

I wish I knew this sooner! I'm going on my flight now!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, for the people who were at the interview today, what was the name of the guy who gave the second speech at the beginning of the interview day?

hey, for the people who were at the interview today, what was the name of the guy who gave the second speech at the beginning of the interview day?

Hi, I also interviewed today but I don't remember the name of the person you are speaking about. He was great though! And so funny!

Also, do you remember what they said about when we will pick our CHC sites?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I also interviewed today but I don't remember the name of the person you are speaking about. He was great though! And so funny!

Also, do you remember what they said about when we will pick our CHC sites?

Yeah, it is after you accept your acceptance and put down your deposit. Then they will send you an email asking for your choices.

Today was a BLAST!! I was a bit shocked at first to see so many people

Last edited:
I believe it was Dr. Mascaro! When he flashed the Back to the Future slide I was like... "Haaah this guy got jokes!" :laugh: Enjoyed chatting with him during the speed dating.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received this email, and do you all think it implies an interview invite?
Congratulations! We have recently received your secondary application to A.T. Still University!

Obviously we are impressed with your credentials and your sincere interest to be part of the exciting frontier of healthcare professionals. No doubt you are interested in the innovative approach to health professions education provided at ATSU. Being the founding institution of osteopathy, ATSU is no stranger to paving the way! Please view our web page (www.atsu.edu/diversity) to learn more about scholarship opportunities…particularly the Graduate Health Professionals (GPS) Scholarship Program.

I am personally grateful for the vision and courage of the founder of osteopathic medicine, A.T. Still, MD, DO, in promoting diversity during a time when his efforts were not appreciated by most medical professionals and, unfortunately, many parts of the country. However, ATSU is living proof that his efforts were not in vain. Our Board of Trustees, in concert with President Craig Phelps, continue Dr. Still’s legacy by positioning diversity at the forefront of our strategic planning initiative. I am sure you are aware of issues with access to healthcare, and share our mission to serve the underserved. Service is a product of the human spirit commensurate with the tenets of osteopathy.

The diversity department’s role in our journey is to build on successes thus far and to explore new opportunities, formulating a comprehensive approach to university-wide cultural proficiency while remaining attentive to our uniqueness. Much like the individual, as an entity we are a unit of body, mind and spirit. We look forward to working with you in pursuing our shared interests and are a point of contact away from assisting you in pursuit of excellence at ATSU! Interviews are around the corner and we are excited by your chances of procuring one of our coveted interview slots.

Reactions: 3 users
II for 11/3!

sgpa 3.33, cgpa 3.52, Mcat 503

II off the pre-II hold list!! OOS

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was complete mid-july found out about a month later (which was ~2 weeks ago now, I was late to the party of posting to this thread haha)

II today!

Verified 7/3
Secondary received 7/3
Secondary Submitted 7/19
II 8/22
Interview Scheduled 11/3

cGPA 3.5
sGPA 3.3
MCAT 505

Last edited:
II just now, complete 7/17, scheduled for 9/15

Reactions: 2 users
II today got 11/3 (complete 8/14)!

Anyone know if they'll open earlier spots for any reason?

Can't attend 11/3 so chose 12/1 instead :( Would this lower my chances of acceptance??

Congrats to you two! Did anything change on your portal like a new tab or anything? Or does the email contain a separate place to schedule your interview?

A new "interview" tab appears on the portal. It will have a calendar and dates to select an interview. When I received my II, it only had one available date.

Does anyone remember what they said about when we'll hear back post interview?

:( Got the pre-II rejection as well. Good luck everybody. It sounds like a great school. MCAT 503, GPA 3.6, sGPA 3.5

I'm not sure. But one of the admissions people said they would start sending out invites/rejections starting September 5th.
From what I remember at my interview, I believe they said they meet on Mondays. But since this Monday is Labor Day, they might be a delayed by one day.

C'mon SOMA, my phone is on loudest ring! I don't even care that I'm at work and shouldn't be taking personal calls!

Accepted! Received a phone call just now!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Could those who recently got accepted speak about the interview? What were questions that came up for you that were difficult? Was it pretty stress free? How was the campus tour? Etc. Congratulations, I hope to say I'll be part of your cohort soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could those who recently got accepted speak about the interview? What were questions that came up for you that were difficult? Was it pretty stress free? How was the campus tour? Etc. Congratulations, I hope to say I'll be part of your cohort soon.

Signed a non-disclosure agreement so I can't say much. I've been to 4 interviews already and I gotta say, ATSU SOMA was especially laid back, and the student ambassadors were incredible!! Just be prepared for a full day.

For anyone that has interviewed already:
  • Did you guys take an Uber from the Phoenix Intl airport? I'm not sure what to do because the flights are super expensive from Texas because of the timings for the Dean's Welcome and interview.
  • Also any suggestions for hotels?

For anyone that has interviewed already:
  • Did you guys take an Uber from the Phoenix Intl airport? I'm not sure what to do because the flights are super expensive from Texas because of the timings for the Dean's Welcome and interview.
  • Also any suggestions for hotels?
I took an Uber from the airport to the Hampton Inn about a mile away from campus, and the ride was about $17.

Congrats - just curious, how long ago did you interview? Did they let you know when you could expect to hear back by?

+1 accepted!!

interviewed 8/18; heard back today so like 2.5 weeks (they told us specifically that we would hear back today w/ a phone call if we got in)

+1 accepted!!

interviewed 8/18; heard back today so like 2.5 weeks (they told us specifically that we would hear back today w/ a phone call if we got in)

I'm still waiting for my call... did they specifically tell us we would for sure get one today? Or just this week?

Congrats to everyone who's gotten a response so far! Hoping to hear some good news as well :nod:

Also wondering if they make acceptance calls multiple days of the week and not just yesterday?

Also wondering if they make acceptance calls multiple days of the week and not just yesterday?

I'm actually positive they do. Looking at last year's forum they certainly did it in a span of a couple of days. It only makes sense that they do that.

I am canceling my interview for the 15th if anyone wants to get in earlier they can call the school. Already sent the email 2 min ago.

I am canceling my interview for the 15th if anyone wants to get in earlier they can call the school. Already sent the email 2 min ago.

September 15th, is that correct?