2017-2018 A.T. Still University - School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (ATSU-SOMA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If there is anyone looking for a roommate or if you know of anyone in the Class of 2022 looking for a roommate, please PM me.

Thanks
Looking for a roommate? PM me, it won't allow me to PM you.

Members don't see this ad.

@SmilingTooth
@yanhoz
@shinosuke
@HM2DO
@justin_bieber

Do you think living nearby other students helped at all ever in your first year (living at colonial grand)?
How did you guys get around your first year? Did you lease a car? Bike? Is there public transportation? Is walking or biking to campus bearable in the sun?
Anybody have a Chicago or Ohio CHC that they could comment on their experience?
Do you think the school will allow opportunities to join biomedical research projects, if available, with a non-ATSU faculty member at another school during year 2-4?

Not sure if you were just looking for replies from the people you mentioned, but I’m an Soma student so thought I’d chime in.

Colonial Grands definitely helped for me, but it’s all personal preference and all the apartments around there work great. I bet a third to a half of our class lived at CG. I liked seeing familiar faces and it was easier to get together with friends while living there. I’d definitely recommend CG if you think you’d like being around classmates. If you have a roommate, the price isn’t bad either compared to other places in the area.

Personally I’d recommend a car, but it comes down to your preferences. The majority of people had cars. Biking/walking is definitely an option too if you live close to school, and a handful of people in our class didn’t have a car and either got rides from friends, biked, walked, or used uber. There’s not much public transportation at all though.

They allow you to do outside research, but it’s generally up to you to find those connections. You still have to fill out an ATSU IRB though for any outside research you are in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what books the Medical Skills I weekly reading objectives are referring to? Thanks.