2017-2018 A.T. Still University - School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (ATSU-SOMA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the interviewed:accepted:matriculated ratio for this school?
Not sure about the Interview:Acceptance numbers (maybe a current student could chime in), but here is the Applicant/1st-year enrollment data:
IMG_0037.PNG

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now via e-mail! Complete 07/11 :)

Reactions: 3 users
II just now!!! Complete 7/10. Also to the people asking, I only had about 200 words for my essays, I guess it was okay for them!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the interviewed:accepted:matriculated ratio for this school?
6 II's! You're killing it!

But I don't know the answer to your question.

Reactions: 2 users
Complete email just now, look forward to hearing back from them.

I have an interview thank god! Does anyone have any advice for the interview??

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview thank god! Does anyone have any advice for the interview??

Not to single you out, but can't we all just agree to list quick stats (gpa/mcat, hours of EC's, etc) so that every single one of these "II!" posts has some value, as well as prevents the inevitable 3 replies asking for stats?

Reactions: 5 users
Not to single you out, but can't we all just agree to list quick stats (gpa/mcat, hours of EC's, etc) so that every single one of these "II!" posts has some value, as well as prevents the inevitable 3 replies asking for stats?
Yes absolutely sorry!
So my cgpa is 3.52, sgpa is 3.3. I got a 499 on MCAT ( I know it's on the lower side) and I have over 800 hours of clinical/nonclinical work combined. I think what really stood out in my application is my work in underserved populations since ATSU SOMA emphasizes that. I hope that helps!

II just now!!! Complete 7/10. Also to the people asking, I only had about 200 words for my essays, I guess it was okay for them!

What dates were available? I'm waiting to schedule mine as soon as the October interview date opens up.

Just got an email saying their holding my app since I'm retaking the MCAT again later in the cycle

Yes absolutely sorry!
So my cgpa is 3.52, sgpa is 3.3. I got a 499 on MCAT ( I know it's on the lower side) and I have over 800 hours of clinical/nonclinical work combined. I think what really stood out in my application is my work in underserved populations since ATSU SOMA emphasizes that. I hope that helps!

Thanks, very helpful! Like I said, didn't mean to single you out, I've just been thinking about that since it does seem like every school thread has people asking for stats of those getting II or rejected. Just though this would streamline things a bit. Good luck on that interview!

What dates were available? I'm waiting to schedule mine as soon as the October interview date opens up.
When I got my interview letter, which was 2 weeks ago, the only date open was August 18th! I did not see anything else, but I just looked for August.

Thanks, very helpful! Like I said, didn't mean to single you out, I've just been thinking about that since it does seem like every school thread has people asking for stats of those getting II or rejected. Just though this would streamline things a bit. Good luck on that interview!
Oh ya no problem, I totally understand the frustration! Thanks I appreciate it:)

Only October 13th from what I could see. Do they only offer one interview date per month?

Sorry, I also forgot to do this, caught up in the excitement, but I know how valuable it is for others to see. My first MCAT was a 501, second was a 505. Overall GPA 3.73, sGPA 3.60. 400 hours serving underserved communities, but only about 70 about clinical volunteering. Complete 7/10.

Interview 10/13!! Secondary finished around 7/20. MCAT: 500 / sGPA: 3.23 / cGPA: 3.5

Hey guys! First ever post! Received my II on July 18 and I picked the September date.

Stats are 504, 3.84 gpa, 3.64 sgpa, OOS but very strong ties to AZ

So from what I'm picking up browsing through past threads, it appears that the interview format is a mixture of 1-on-1/MMI/small group activity. Is that the impression you guys are getting as well?

So from what I'm picking up browsing through past threads, it appears that the interview format is a mixture of 1-on-1/MMI/small group activity. Is that the impression you guys are getting as well?
I read previously that it's a 1-on1- and theres a small group activity to see how you work as a team but I am not quite sure on the MMI!

Rejection post-secondary. Good luck everyone!

Hey guys, I'll be interviewing here on 9/18. I live about 30 minutes away from AT Still and I'm opening up our guest bedroom for someone that is interviewing on the same date. I also have a car so we can ride over together the morning of! I'll be attending the Dean's welcome the night before, too. This process is draining my wallet so would love to help one of you folks out.

PM for details.

Ps - I have large doodle that would be great, pre-interview therapy ;)

Hey guys, I'll be interviewing here on 9/18. I live about 30 minutes away from AT Still and I'm opening up our guest bedroom for someone that is interviewing on the same date. I also have a car so we can ride over together the morning of! I'll be attending the Dean's welcome the night before, too. This process is draining my wallet so would love to help one of you folks out.

PM for details.

Ps - I have large doodle that would be great, pre-interview therapy ;)

Wow That is so nice of you! I am interviewing there too on the 18th and coming to the Dean's Welcome. I have already made accommodations to stay at a hotel but I would love to meet at the Dean's Welcome!

For those interviewing, how are you planning to transport yourselves from airport to hotel and school?

For those interviewing, how are you planning to transport yourselves from airport to hotel and school?
We are renting a car but I am sure there are shuttles as well! ATSU sent an email of all the hotels with a shuttle service if you received that. I believe that its apart of the MAP they send

We are renting a car but I am sure there are shuttles as well! ATSU sent an email of all the hotels with a shuttle service if you received that. I believe that its apart of the MAP they send
Ah, you're right! I looked back at my emails and found what you mentioned. Thanks!

I am 'uber'ing if possible. But the more I look at it online, I don't think there are a lot of uber drivers there in the Mesa area... So I might just end up renting a small car. Hopefully as cheap as possible! What are some rates that people are getting for car rentals?

Anybody aware of how much MMI factors into the overall interview? Not sure if I should be prepping for that or not

I am 'uber'ing if possible. But the more I look at it online, I don't think there are a lot of uber drivers there in the Mesa area... So I might just end up renting a small car. Hopefully as cheap as possible! What are some rates that people are getting for car rentals?

3rd year here. I don't know about other people's experience but I was always able to get an Uber or Lyft from my apartment in Mesa during 1st year. Only tricky thing is I don't think they are allowed to pick up at the airport so I would take the rail line one stop away to the park and ride and request pick up there. Hope you enjoy the interview!

There are PLENTY of Uber and Lyft drivers that will take you to Mesa. Mesa is one of the biggest cities in Arizona so you definitely won't have trouble getting a rideshare.

3rd year here. I don't know about other people's experience but I was always able to get an Uber or Lyft from my apartment in Mesa during 1st year. Only tricky thing is I don't think they are allowed to pick up at the airport so I would take the rail line one stop away to the park and ride and request pick up there. Hope you enjoy the interview!

There's a designated ride share spot at the airport for Uber and Lyft - it's easy to locate. :)

EDIT: Uber/Lyft will be about $15 to East Mesa. If you're concerned about price, you can take a $2 light rail all the way down to downtown Mesa where it ends and pick up an Uber/Lyft the rest of the way. Will take longer and will probably only save you about $5 bucks.

Last edited: