2016-2017 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it too much to ask about what time emails are usually released?
It depends on staffing and what else is going on. They double check everything before anything is sent out.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! Just got the email! :clap::horns::bow:

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted too!!! Wow I'm so happy :)

@Hopefulmedstudent606 I have heard that it is very helpful to send a letter of interest/update! I personally know someone who did that and got in in May. Best of luck! Feel free to PM if I can do anything to help!

Reactions: 5 users
Also, thank you to @Pathdocmd for helping to answer all of our questions here, really appreciate it

I got accepted too!!! Wow I'm so happy :)

@Hopefulmedstudent606 I have heard that it is very helpful to send a letter of interest/update! I personally know someone who did that and got in in May. Best of luck! Feel free to PM if I can do anything to help!

Thanks for the advice! Mark my words now, come July you'll see me in your class ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the advice! Mark my words now, come July you'll see me in your class ;)
I really hope so!!!! Please please PM me if I can do anything to help. I had someone on this forum help me as well when I was preparing for interviews and I feel that I should pay it forward.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted (yesterday)!!! I could not be more excited since WFSM was my top choice! Congrats to those accepted and I can't wait to meet you all in July. Good luck to everyone still waiting, do not give up!! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know when orientation is? Figuring out my summer work schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
July 10th is the first day of Launch Week, I think.

ETSU is changing their curriculum this year, and new students start July 17th for EC17. At the interview they said that they're doing this to open up more dedicated study time before the step exam in year 2 which I thought was a solid idea. Perhaps this is a new trend at some schools?

Has a second look date been released?

For anyone waiting on hearing back for interview invites, confirmation for updates, etc I think the office is running a bit behind on things because of the snow storm. I called earlier today and they said a lot of administration were off Friday and today.

For the $100 deposit just send it to

Office of MD Student Admissions

Wake Forest School of Medicine

PO Box 573183

Winston Salem, NC 27157

Within 10 business days

Aww man, just got the rejection email :( First rejection that has actually hurt.

Missed a call from a Wake Forest number. Got excited. Checked email. Rejected... Lol. Wrong number I guess. Complete very early October.

So if we haven't been rejected but haven't heard anything about an II, what does that mean? All the applications have been reviewed at this point, right?

For anyone waiting on hearing back for interview invites, confirmation for updates, etc I think the office is running a bit behind on things because of the snow storm. I called earlier today and they said a lot of administration were off Friday and today.

For the $100 deposit just send it to

Office of MD Student Admissions

Wake Forest School of Medicine

PO Box 573183

Winston Salem, NC 27157

Within 10 business days

I was about to call as well. Who should I make the check out to?

I was about to call as well. Who should I make the check out to?
The email I got says "Applicants are asked to pay by check made payable to Wake Forest School of Medicine and mail to the address below."

II on Friday, complete early September. I honestly wasn't expecting that after months of silence!

So what's interview day like? Also do I have a good chance of staying with a med student? Interviewing in about 3 weeks or so.

So what's interview day like? Also do I have a good chance of staying with a med student? Interviewing in about 3 weeks or so.

It's very relaxed. There are three one on one interviews that last 20 minutes on the dot. They give an extremely detailed presentation on financial aid and whatnot since it's so expensive. They do to typical tour like every other school and provide lunch. I don't know anything about staying with a student because they were all on break the day I interviewed.

Does anyone know when they're releasing their decisions about waitlisted people? Is it rolling as well? :s

Does anyone know when they're releasing their decisions about waitlisted people? Is it rolling as well? :s
They don't move people off the wait list until may. They wait to see how the class shapes up following the April 30th deadline then pull people off to fill the class sometime mid May.

Any OOS acceptees mind sharing their stats

I am awaiting anxiously to hear my fate today.....any idea when I might get the email? MCAT: 512, GPA: 3.88

I am awaiting anxiously to hear my fate today.....any idea when I might get the email? MCAT: 512, GPA: 3.88
My email came shortly after noon (for a different month's decisions). On interview day I remember the coordinator saying something that she likes to get them out by 5pm EST on Thursday (if not earlier) but that once in a while if she's really busy, it may be later than that...even as late as Friday.

If you don't mind, what are your ec's or other stats. Thanks very much

Well I have 2 years worth of research. Wholesome shadowing experience. And a consistent volunteer record. I ultimately got rejected......so. Potentially an interview problem given the finality of their decision and my academics.

Well I have 2 years worth of research. Wholesome shadowing experience. And a consistent volunteer record. I ultimately got rejected......so. Potentially an interview problem given the finality of their decision and my academics.
If you don't mind, what are your ec's or other stats. Thanks very much
I did apply at 19 so that might have been an issue as far as perceived maturity.....

I just got an II. :)

Does this school ask crazy ethical scenario type questions, or do they ask pretty standard, "Tell me about yourself and why you're attracted to this school," type questions?

How are the interviews scheduled? Like, are they at the end of the day following tours, lunch, etc., at the beginning of the day, etc.?

I just got an II. :)

Does this school ask crazy ethical scenario type questions, or do they ask pretty standard, "Tell me about yourself and why you're attracted to this school," type questions?
I mainly got the conversational ones...result? Wasn't accepted :beaver: My friend who is shy had hard ethical ones and wasn't able to answer a couple. Result? Accepted.

I mainly got the conversational ones...result? Wasn't accepted :beaver: My friend who is shy had hard ethical ones and wasn't able to answer a couple. Result? Accepted.

ImageUploadedBySDN1486264905.995581.jpg

Reactions: 3 users