2019-2020 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrawn. Very hard to do, loved the school. Wish it was cheaper :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
I recently purchased a new laptop a couple months ago and was planning to use it for school as well as personal use. Would I be able to get reimbursed for this instead of purchasing another, separate laptop?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How do we officially withdraw our acceptance? Email? I didn't see an option on my portal. Thank!

Reactions: 3 users
I was neurotically checking my portal and I forgot if this was there before but is everyone able to see in their checklist underneath Letter of Interest (Waitlisted applicants only) another tab that says Student Information Systems Access (Accepted Students Only)? I feel like it was always there but not sure

I recently purchased a new laptop a couple months ago and was planning to use it for school as well as personal use. Would I be able to get reimbursed for this instead of purchasing another, separate laptop?

Yes! Every student is going to get reimbursed whether you buy a new laptop or not; you just have to fill out a form saying your current laptop meets their requirements (now where that form is I’m not actually sure lol, I dunno if they’ve sent that yet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
I was neurotically checking my portal and I forgot if this was there before but is everyone able to see in their checklist underneath Letter of Interest (Waitlisted applicants only) another tab that says Student Information Systems Access (Accepted Students Only)? I feel like it was always there but not sure

yes was always there

Seemed like they had been going to the waitlist on Mondays every two weeks, so I thought there may be some movement today. Guess not?! Anyone hear anything recently?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got into wake in February. I switched my plan to enroll on the 30th but forgot to email them to formally withdraw my app until today when they emailed to clarify.
Gotcha. Thanks for letting us know and good luck :)

Seemed like they had been going to the waitlist on Mondays every two weeks, so I thought there may be some movement today. Guess not?! Anyone hear anything recently?

It actually looks like they had movement on March 30th and April 20th, which is a three week gap. I was expecting movement after the deadline last week but maybe they’re following this pattern of three weeks? Anybody have any other information?

just withdrew my acceptance! hope it opens up a spot for someone on the WL here :)

Reactions: 8 users
Just withdrew good luck to all of us in the future!

Reactions: 7 users
It seems to me like there's been a ton of WL movement on here already... How much of a chance do you think we have if we're still on the WL at this point? :oops: I really really like this school and would love a chance to attend!

It seems to me like there's been a ton of WL movement on here already... How much of a chance do you think we have if we're still on the WL at this point? :oops: I really really like this school and would love a chance to attend!

Looking at how many people have withdrawn lately, and that they sent out an email on Monday to accepted applicants who haven't PTE'd to Wake I'm hoping we'll see some more movement soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Got off the waitlist y'all! Interviewed early September, one of their first interview dates. WL'd October 15. Finally off. It's been such a long journey but I am so happy!!

Strong chance I will be choosing this over my other MD school, I will have to compare tuition and things first, but I really love this school and am ecstatic! (Probably) see y'all whenever school starts at Wake Forest!!

Reactions: 9 users
ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST!!!! My first acceptance and my number 1 choice. See you all at Wake Forest Zoom University in July!!!
Sent a letter of intent instead of a letter of interest to keep my spot on the waitlist.

Interviewed January 16th
Waitlisted January 25th
Acceptance email at 3:06pm

Last edited:
  • Love
JUST GOT ACCEPTED!! Off the waitlist interviewed feb 7th, 511 3.82 GPA email came in at 2:02 CST!! Crying in the clurb rn. Like actually at work pretty embarrassing

• Love
Raw, primal, cathartic reaction. No words to describe it. I hope every one of you gets to experience this feeling. Good luck to everyone else in this process!! Trust the process its worth it

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST!!! Can't wait to go open the celebratory bottle of wine I bought back in October!

Interviewed August 30
Waitlisted October 15

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
The class facebook group has 163 people - including admins, current students, and me - if that helps with anyone's neurotic calculations

• Love
The class facebook group has 163 people - including admins, current students, and me - if that helps with anyone's neurotic calculations
This might be a dumb question...but do people just join class FB groups when they get accepted or do you usually only join if that is the school you’re going to go to??

This might be a dumb question...but do people just join class FB groups when they get accepted or do you usually only join if that is the school you’re going to go to??

They sent a followup email after the acceptance with a link to join the facebook group. I assume the group is composed of those who have been accepted and not withdrawn from the school not necessarily people who will 100% go there. Probably doesn't include all accepted students as many may choose to not join, not have fb etc. I've also heard admins/adcoms remove students who have officially withdrawn from the school. So I assume a pretty skewed number to calculate your chances but a number nonetheless

Congratulations to all those who were accepted today! Please keep us informed if you withdraw - many of us are still waiting it out!

Reactions: 7 users
Congratulations to all those who were accepted today! Please keep us informed if you withdraw - many of us are still waiting it out!

I will be committing to Wake, best of luck to you!!!

Anyone who was accepted today see an option in your amcas application to access the choose your medical school tool and select plan to enroll/commit to enroll?

Anyone who was accepted today see an option in your amcas application to access the choose your medical school tool and select plan to enroll/commit to enroll?
it might take a day or two. It did back in the spring when it opened at least :) Congrats on choosing!

Congrats to those accepted! Did you guys send more than one letter?
Thank you!! Sent 1 LOI and update letters

Just logged in and saw the tool!

Thank you!! I'll be committing but I hope those of you still waiting hear back very soon. Rooting for you all.

Reactions: 3 users
On the waitlist here and feeling a bit discouraged after not getting an email yesterday. Has there historically been more movement in late May/early June?

Was also accepted yesterday! I do intend to take the offer. I sent one LOI a few months ago. I was actually planning on sending a new update/LOI this week but I guess I don't have to! So excited to meet you guys! Good luck to all on the WL!

Reactions: 4 users
Stupid question, but where do you find the CTE option on amcas? I PTE’d here but don’t know how I would change it to CTE, is that in the edit selection option? I’m too afraid to edit anything in case I accidentally select the wrong thing lol

Stupid question, but where do you find the CTE option on amcas? I PTE’d here but don’t know how I would change it to CTE, is that in the edit selection option? I’m too afraid to edit anything in case I accidentally select the wrong thing lol

I had to edit my selection! If you go back you should be able to see it ^_^

Are any of you planning to bring/get a car? I didn't have a car in undergrad as public transportation was easily accessible - city life - so I'm not sure if I should consider getting a car. I'm planning to live close to the med school - hopefully walking distance - but I know there aren't many grocery stores near campus.

Are any of you planning to bring/get a car? I didn't have a car in undergrad as public transportation was easily accessible - city life - so I'm not sure if I should consider getting a car. I'm planning to live close to the med school - hopefully walking distance - but I know there aren't many grocery stores near campus.
I would get a car personally, the easiest way to the hospital from the med school appears to be a 10-minute drive on the highway, and the rent seems to be a lot cheaper if you are willing to move slightly away (10 min drive). I am sure there is some form of public transit but I think most people drive and that would be the easiest way to get anywhere.