2018-2019 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@Pathdocmd It is good to see you on here! Can you give us any updates on the waitlist? Number on list? Expected number of offers to be made from it? When there might be some movement if not already happening? Thanks in advance!
I don't know at this point. BTW, I am leaving Wake in June, so waitlist responsibility will be out my hands.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know at this point. BTW, I am leaving Wake in June, so waitlist responsibility will be out my hands.

Well sorry to see you go, but best of luck at the next stop! If you have any info to share prior to your departure, please keep us poor souls in waitlist hell out here in mind and post! Thank you!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So has anyone received the financial package yet? Today is the day right?
I really hope so! When I logged into CSS Profile, the estimated award date is 15Apr19. It does, however, state that this is just an estimate. Did you hear from somewhere else that it would be today? Fingers crossed!

So has anyone received the financial package yet? Today is the day right?
I just received mine in the Student services portal. They sent me an email with my id and temp password and directions for the to do list on their as well as decision date of 30 April for accepting financial aid awards.

I just received the email, but when I try to follow the instructions for viewing financial aid it says I am not authorized to enter the site. Has anyone else had this happen?

I just received the email, but when I try to follow the instructions for viewing financial aid it says I am not authorized to enter the site. Has anyone else had this happen?
I didn't have any issues viewing mine. Maybe your packet isn't ready for viewing yet?

When I tried to log in on my phone, I received that message. When I switched on over to my laptop, it worked fine.
If that doesn't work, maybe try using different web browsers? I used chrome.

When I tried to log in on my phone, I received that message. When I switched on over to my laptop, it worked fine.
+1 on chrome, didn't try on my phone.

Argh, I guess it’ll have to wait until 9 pm when I’m off from work. The suspense is killing me!

Reactions: 2 users
I got mine. Only loans so I'm going to my state school. All the best guys and we who knows, we might see one another in residency.

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else other than StarDancer withdrawing after receiving financial aid package?

Members don't see this ad :)
Were you pleased with your offer?
Somewhat yes. I'm also still waiting on an application for the HPSP scholarship to get reviewed/approved. So I'm not making any final decisions yet.

Somewhat yes. I'm also still waiting on an application for the HPSP scholarship to get reviewed/approved. So I'm not making any final decisions yet.
I am in the exact same situation. Finally got my medical waiver yesterday after waiting for 4 months, so hoping there’s still enough time to get everything else finished

I am in the exact same situation. Finally got my medical waiver yesterday after waiting for 4 months, so hoping there’s still enough time to get everything else finished

So both of you plan on going to Wake?

I have a question for those accepted and current medical students. How did you complete the CastleBranch physical/ health history requirement? It doesn't seem like they have any forms for your clinician to fill out, did you just request your medical records from your physician and submit those? Thanks in advance for the help.

I have a question for those accepted and current medical students. How did you complete the CastleBranch physical/ health history requirement? It doesn't seem like they have any forms for your clinician to fill out, did you just request your medical records from your physician and submit those? Thanks in advance for the help.
I just submitted a copy of my most recent physical.

I would really loved to do HPSP but I’ve too many broken bones that it can’t be waived. :(

As a waitlisted applicant, I would like to kindly remind those accepted and not planning to attend WFSOM to not forget to contact the school directly to withdraw since AMCAS will not withdraw your application automatically for selecting "Commit to Enroll" to another institution.

Thank you.

As a waitlisted applicant, I would like to kindly remind those accepted and not planning to attend WFSOM to not forget to contact the school directly to withdraw since AMCAS will not withdraw your application automatically for selecting "Commit to Enroll" to another institution.

Thank you.
There should be a fair amount of movement don't you think?

According to MSAR, last year there were 107 acceptances granted to waitlisted applicants. If this year is similar, I find that encouraging

According to MSAR, last year there were 107 acceptances granted to waitlisted applicants. If this year is similar, I find that encouraging
That number seems high, given that the typical incoming class is made up of 25% wait listed applicants. For a class size of 140 that means 107 acceptances granted would equate to 76.4% of the incoming class being acceptances from the wait list. I understand that an offered acceptance doesn't equate to a matriculation but its hard to believe that 68% of those offered acceptances off the wait list turned down the acceptance?

That number seems high, given that the typical incoming class is made up of 25% wait listed applicants. For a class size of 140 that means 107 acceptances granted would equate to 76.4% of the incoming class being acceptances from the wait list. I understand that an offered acceptance doesn't equate to a matriculation but its hard to believe that 68% of those offered acceptances off the wait list turned down the acceptance?

So are you saying the MSAR stats are BS?

I heard that they do accept alot of people from the wait list but 107 for a class of 140 is a lot. Any wait list movement so far?

So are you saying the MSAR stats are BS?
I am not saying that, I am just speculating that those numbers seem high based off percentages given directly to us by the school. Also, can you provide a screenshot/link to that statistic directly? I would look it up but my MSAR is not working.

I am not saying that, I am just speculating that those numbers seem high based off percentages given directly to us by the school. Also, can you provide a screenshot/link to that statistic directly? I would look it up but my MSAR is not working.

Attachments

• 3EB07D66-8EFF-4A19-92FA-C0AACE0CE086.jpeg
    3EB07D66-8EFF-4A19-92FA-C0AACE0CE086.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: 1 users

Attachments

• E1834DCF-272D-4415-8559-DAB30C873CE5.jpeg
    E1834DCF-272D-4415-8559-DAB30C873CE5.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 103
Thanks for posting the screen shot. I cannot comment on the accuracy/validity of those numbers, but I would be wary of any disseminated information that is not coming directly from the WFSOM. I hope MSAR is right, and we all get an acceptance off the wait list! Just have to remain patient and think positive!

Thank you for that screenshot. It does provide some hope. I cross my fingers to find out by the earliest of May so that we can coordinate moving plans and arranging spouse's employment accordingly. Best luck everyone!

Who do we email if we need to appeal financial aid?

can someone please confirm that commit to enroll policy/deadline is april 30 for wake? thank you!

can someone please confirm that commit to enroll policy/deadline is april 30 for wake? thank you!

A post that explains this new “Plan to Enroll” process!

"Plan to enroll" is required for every school, not just Wake according to this + the timeline sheet WFSOM provided during the interview date.
"Committ to enroll" is required for those accepted by "21 days prior to Orientation (Date TBD)" according to that timeline.

"Plan to enroll" is required for every school, not just Wake according to this + the timeline sheet WFSOM provided during the interview date.
"Committ to enroll" is required for those accepted by "21 days prior to Orientation (Date TBD)" according to that timeline.
Thanks so much!

That timeline is not completely correct. One
of my accepted schools doesn’t require plan to enroll by the 30th. They just have a commit to enroll deadline.

That timeline is not completely correct. One
of my accepted schools doesn’t require plan to enroll by the 30th. They just have a commit to enroll deadline.

But AMCAS requires you to only hold one acceptance (but can still be on waitlist) by April 30, right?

But AMCAS requires you to only hold one acceptance (but can still be on waitlist) by April 30, right?
Yes, you can only hold one acceptance. But you are not required to plan to enroll/ commit to enroll by then for all schools.

How many of y’all plan on withdrawing your acceptance by the April 30th deadline?

I might come here after all. I appealed financial aid.

Don’t know. They meet this Thursday. They said they’d get back to me Friday. Then I have to decide by Tuesday.

Opposed to my state school.