2020-2021 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If we were complete in early Sep, is there still hope?

Asking for a friend.
I certainly hope so because I was complete in early sep

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If we were complete in early Sep, is there still hope?

Asking for a friend.
Well if they're interviewing into March I would say that there's hope for anyone who hasn't gotten hit by any R waves so far :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Well if they're interviewing into March I would say that there's hope for anyone who hasn't gotten hit by any R waves so far :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when the next wave of II will be sent out?

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I sent an update to this school. Should I email them and let them know I updated my file or are they automatically notified?

I sent an update to this school. Should I email them and let them know I updated my file or are they automatically notified?
I wouldn't email them about it because they ask you to upload any updates into the portal directly, rather than having you email it to them. I imagine they get notified automatically.

Hi all. Sorry if this has been discussed but has the been any movement off the waitlist yet? Waitlisted a couple months back so just checking in. Thanks for any help!

Hi all. Sorry if this has been discussed but has the been any movement off the waitlist yet? Waitlisted a couple months back so just checking in. Thanks for any help!
Nope, at least not any mentioned on SDN

I am certainly no expert, but I can't imagine they will move people off the waitlist until after the commit to enroll date. **Or at least until after financial aid information starts rolling out. WF gives a fair amount of tuition assistance (as I understand it) and many people will likely decide once finances are clear. (That is what I am doing at least.) Maybe you can check last year's thread and see when things start picking up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an A this afternoon.

Stats: 3.31 (Biochem at a large state school in the midwest), 509, URM, OOS, Non-traditional (obtained my Bachelor's in 2009).
Started a scholarship geared towards at-risk youth while I was in college and has been going strong ever since. Have been serving as a Surface Warfare Officer in the Navy since graduating (going on 12 years). Also have a elementary-aged son with cerebral palsy.

Not much clinical volunteer work but I mentioned the requirements in caring for my son in my personal statement, in terms of administering medication, transport, experience with Medicare and various medical specialties. I also requested his Physiatrist write me a letter of recommendation atesting to everything involved in his care. Most interviewers I've had throughout the process have mentioned the impact of my personal statement, which I believe made up for my GPA.

Good luck to everyone. If I can get an acceptance, I'm sure you all have place for you, even if not Wake Forest.

• Love
Reactions: 25 users
Just got an A this afternoon.

Stats: 3.31 (Biochem at a large state school in the midwest), 509, URM, OOS, Non-traditional (obtained my Bachelor's in 2009).
Started a scholarship geared towards at-risk youth while I was in college and has been going strong ever since. Have been serving as a Surface Warfare Officer in the Navy since graduating (going on 12 years). Also have a elementary-aged son with cerebral palsy.

Not much clinical volunteer work but I mentioned the requirements in caring for my son in my personal statement, in terms of administering medication, transport, experience with Medicare and various medical specialties. I also requested his Physiatrist write me a letter of recommendation atesting to everything involved in his care. Most interviewers I've had throughout the process have mentioned the impact of my personal statement, which I believe made up for my GPA.

Good luck to everyone. If I can get an acceptance, I'm sure you all have place for you, even if not Wake Forest.
Two As in one day? What a stellar day for you!

Thank you. Today was a good day. Hoping for the same kind of good news for everyone else

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
II Received! Mid/late feb dates. Complete 7/15 so hope for all early apps!!

Reactions: 29 users
Guys is the deans medical excellence scholarship full ride?

Yeah!! I’m shook!
Congrats! Did you already apply for fafsa too? And for the deans excellence scholarship, they just go off your secondary right and not your fafsa application? And when were you accepted?

Last edited:
Congrats! Did you already apply for fafsa too? And for the deans excellence scholarship, they just go off your secondary right and not your fafsa application? And when were you accepted?
I applied for fafsa already. I’m not sure how they evaluated. I think it’s merit based. I was accepted near the end of December.

I applied for fafsa already. I’m not sure how they evaluated. I think it’s merit based. I was accepted near the end of December.
Was it an email you received? Are they still going to award more? Thanks and congrats!

congrats! does anyone know when II end here?

Was it an email you received? Are they still going to award more? Thanks and congrats!
Thanks! It was an email. I would guess they will award more because Wake is not done interviewing. A student I talked to said that Wake gives several full scholarships so I think more are coming.

Yeah they sent an email saying I was a recipient and stated the total amount of money per year in the email as well. It is merit based and they only need your primary and secondary to make the decision. But I did submit my fafsa late jan and my css app just yesterday.

Do you know if we have a deadline to accept it?
I have no clue. But I have emailed the person they mentioned in the email, so we will see! I’ll let you know when I find out!

If I haven't received an II at this point in the cycle should I go ahead and consider it a silent R?
Probably. Wake is usually pretty transparent about your status, so I'm sure people will receive real rejection emails, but from our side, it looks like the last interview date for this cycle is 3/10. I suppose they could still be sending out a few more for that date in case some people drop out, but I would say that it's safe to assume the worst and be happily surprised if you happen to get one of the last few slots.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Hi guys! Long time lurker, first time poster. I just got the A! Super excited. Interview was January 26th, and I was complete September 3rd.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Just got waitlisted this morning. Info session was 1/26, trying to stay optimistic! Congrats and good luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted on Thursday! My first A so very excited!!

Completed 9/14, invited to interview 1/14, and interview day/info session 2/8 :) Best of luck, everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Is there an accepted students facebook group or GroupMe or something?

Is there an accepted students facebook group or GroupMe or something?
Yes there is a facebook group, and on the facebook group someone has started a group me. You should be getting an email about the facebook group soon :)

Yes there is a facebook group, and on the facebook group someone has started a group me. You should be getting an email about the facebook group soon :)
I just searched through my email, they sent it back in November *face palm* lol thanks !

• Care
II 2/23 was not expecting to hear back from them just assumed a silent R but excited for the opportunity!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users