2016-2017 University of Southern California (Keck) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Finally got the axe.

Post secondary from like early July

Members don't see this ad.

Been waiting to hear back since interviewing in October and this is killing me my dudes.

Reactions: 1 user
Been waiting to hear back since interviewing in October and this is killing me my dudes.
I combed through last year's thread, and there were actually quite a few people who had a similar situation to us (i.e. interview early/mid October, didn't hear back until mid December), and a lot of them were accepted. So although it's incredibly painful waiting, I guess we can take some comfort in knowing that at least this long wait time doesn't mean we're out of the running.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected pre-II :( Wanted to go back to the west coast one more time for In-n-Out

Reactions: 3 users
Dodgin' these rejections like...

giphy.gif

Reactions: 10 users
Rejected pre-II :( Wanted to go back to the west coast one more time for In-n-Out

:( heard they opened some in-n-outs in Texas, if you have any interviews there. Though the buns are slightly different

Well, finally got the axe. Completed mid-july. 4.0gpa / 513 mcat [with a horrible CARS score - like <<< 10th percentile of the school's CARS horrible ]. Good luck to others waiting to hear back and congrats to those who received IIs and acceptances. Me out, literally out :drowning:

Last edited:
:( heard they opened some in-n-outs in Texas, if you have any interviews there. Though the buns are slightly different
Haha thanks! On the East Coast we're stuck with Shake Shack, which is not as good imo

Texas has both ;) and Whataburger!

That we do.... though I tried In n Out here and was thoroughly confused about its popularity. To be fair, it is likely a little different here. At least I hope so...

Shake Shack is actually my favorite out of all three. :oops:

That we do.... though I tried In n Out here and was thoroughly confused about its popularity. To be fair, it is likely a little different here. At least I hope so...

Shake Shack is actually my favorite out of all three. :oops:

Shake Shack is my favorite too -- but I'm probably biased since I'm originally from the East Coast. The shroom burger is amazing.

Reactions: 2 users
I've been hit... my dodging skills have failed me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected today. Good bye top choice. Complete 6/27 3.8/510 non urm IS.

Rejected today, complete sometime in late August I believe. LizzyM ~76, OOS.

*tentatively pops up head* has the rejection wave passed?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
II just now; dates left were end of Feb/March. Good luck to all still waiting!

Last edited:
complete 7/7 and silence. I think those who were complete early on and havent heard anything still have a decent shot

Reactions: 2 users
What seems to be an MCAT/gpa that gets accepted to keck

complete 7/7 and silence. I think those who were complete early on and havent heard anything still have a decent shot

About samesies. I hope you're right!

Rejection email an hour ago. OOS complete mid-July. LizzieM ~71. Not surprised, but still disappointed.

Just got the rejection email too! Not surprised, grateful they let me know and I'm not in limbo anymore. Complete early July, LizzyM 72

Rejected Pre-II today. OOS complete mid-October. LizzieM 73. Oh well, best of luck to you all!

CYA boyz and girlz, rejected as well. LM ~72, IS, complete early July.

changing my name to always sad boy

Oh, the horror!!!! Good luck with the rest of your schools everyone!

Rejected just now. Complete early July. LM 72ish, IS.

Well guys tomorrow is another day for decisions to be released so I've taken the liberty of graphing my overall morale since interviewing nearly two months ago

NrBeoAk.png

Reactions: 5 users
Well guys tomorrow is another day for decisions to be released so I've taken the liberty of graphing my overall morale since interviewing nearly two months ago

NrBeoAk.png
At least there is a good post interview acceptance rate at this college, Mayo's is like 15% this year lmfao.

Come on pre II rejection! My body is ready.

Rejected a week ago. LizzyM ~ 82. I applied from as a US undergrad in the American University of Beirut though, not sure how much that factored

ACCEPTED! Interviewed mid October.

Reactions: 12 users
Rejected pre-II yesterday. OOS, complete mid-late August, stats below. This is a sad one :(

Finally rejected today, complete ~4 months ago