2016-2017 University of Southern California (Keck) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you're portal change at all?

Nope, still says I'm under review. Not too disappointed/surprised tbh, I was hesitant on even applying to Keck. I sent my secondary after 1.5 months of receiving it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected yesterday as well. Complete early September.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does this school give out any type of scholarships? If so, what is common? Curious since it is an amazing school, but expensive.

Around 8:30 AM. When did you interview?
interviewed mid-October, coming up on 8 weeks of silence now :(
I'm just really worried that if I don't get a decision today, I won't get one until January (because of Christmas) and the thought of waiting like a full month more is just.....

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected. Guess my nickname wasn't cool enough. Knew I should've gone with Dr. AwesomeRadCoolNiceGuy. LM ~72

Rejected as well. Complete mid-September, LizzyM 74, OOS. This is my third rejection today :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED TODAY. Interviewed 12/2!!!!!!!!!! Crying and so happy :) Childhood dreams coming true

Reactions: 5 users
Rejected, 8/15 complete, OOS, 77-78 LM

O/4 for cali schools. :'(

Anyone still complete before September that hasn't gotten an II or rejection:bookworm:?

Anyone still complete before September that hasn't gotten an II or rejection:bookworm:?

Ya. Complete in late August. Expecting a likely rejection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was also part of the pre-II rejection rush yesterday. LizzyM 76, OOS, complete mid-September. I sent them an update letter two weeks ago (foolishly) before I checked this thread to see Dean Arias' strong opinions on updates, so I'm going to assume that was the final nail in my coffin :laugh::shrug:

ACCEPTED! Interviewed mid October.

Wooo!!! Congrats!!! I've low-key been checking this forum just hoping to see you get accepted since you've been waiting so long haha. You have at least one random internet fan! :)

Is there a fb group yet?

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post, but :spam:.

Rejected post-secondary yesterday :(

Complete mid August. LizzyM 74, IS

Interview invite today!! Scheduled for 2/28, is this pretty late in the game?

Reactions: 2 users
anyone who has interviewed recently, did Dr. Arias say anything about when the next committee meeting is? Will it be next Monday even though its the day after Christmas or are they taking that week off?

I'm pretty sure they are taking next week off

soooo... is tomorrow a decision day??? not that I'm anxious or anything, it's only been 10 weeks :(:hungover:

YES. I was complete on 7/4 and still nothing! expecting a rejection tho...:whistle:

soooo... is tomorrow a decision day??? not that I'm anxious or anything, it's only been 10 weeks :(:hungover:

I called and asked when the next committee meeting is... didn't specify whether or not they had a meeting yesterday (I don't think it is likely since it was the day after new years), but said that my decision (interviewed 1st week of Dec) would hopefully come out in the next two weeks. Meaning the next meeting is either the 9th or 16th and decisions come out the 10th or 17th. :xf: Perhaps you should give a call as well and confirm which it is ;)

I called and asked when the next committee meeting is... didn't specify whether or not they had a meeting yesterday (I don't think it is likely since it was the day after new years), but said that my decision (interviewed 1st week of Dec) would hopefully come out in the next two weeks. Meaning the next meeting is either the 9th or 16th and decisions come out the 10th or 17th. :xf: Perhaps you should give a call as well and confirm which it is ;)
Called today, it'll be the 10th!

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post, but figured I'd check back again. Is there an accepted students group yet or is it #toosoon ?

Best of luck to all who are still waiting.

-Owl

Does USC have any merit scholarships available? The price tag seems too high

What is the interview day like here? Were the one-on-ones more conversational, or scripted questions?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It's very much an organic conversation - they sincerely just want to get to know you. Good luck on your interview!

DECISION DAY HAS BEGUN. typing through tears because I'M GONNA BE A DOCTORRRRRRR

Reactions: 11 users
I don't think I've ever seen this done on here before... but! I live on the east coast and I'm pretty determined to fit my Cali interviews into one trip. Does anyone in here have an interview scheduled for the week of January 23rd that are open to switching their date? Please PM me if so!

Is it frowned upon to call the admissions office and check the status of your app? According to this thread there have been waves of pre-II rejections but I haven't gotten anything and I'm beginning to worry I missed the email or something...

Is it frowned upon to call the admissions office and check the status of your app? According to this thread there have been waves of pre-II rejections but I haven't gotten anything and I'm beginning to worry I missed the email or something...
Silence on my end since end of August/beginning of Sept., no communication updates on the portal, either!

USC is probably one of the only school that I would say HATE calls/updates

USC is probably one of the only school that I would say HATE calls/updates

lol. well I called. The person I spoke to said my app is still being considered, so I'm assuming others in my boat are the same case! If I end up being rejected, I'm gonna chalk it up to them not wanting me rather than just annoyance at my having called after almost 6 months of silence *shrugs*

lol. well I called. The person I spoke to said my app is still being considered, so I'm assuming others in my boat are the same case! If I end up being rejected, I'm gonna chalk it up to them not wanting me rather than just annoyance at my having called after almost 6 months of silence *shrugs*
Thanks for taking one for the team lol