2016-2017 University of Southern California (Keck) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone think there's a possibility the class is perfectly full? No waitlist movement?

My heart skips a beat every time I see an alert in this thread by the way, sorry if this post did the same to you haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone think there's a possibility the class is perfectly full? No waitlist movement?

My heart skips a beat every time I see an alert in this thread by the way, sorry if this post did the same to you haha.

Considering my friend who got in and said a lot of kids at second look are going elsewhere, hopefully there will be some waitlist movement

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! I'm gonna go ahead and ask the question many of us still waiting and hoping have - When did you interview?

Interview in October and got the call from Dean Arias today!

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone pm me the link to the fb group? I tried clicking on the link posted above and it didn't work and I can't find it when I search for it on fb. Thanks!

Accepted!!!!

May I ask if you had other acceptances? I looked around the thread but didn't know how far to look! Has anyone else heard of people getting off the WL yet?

May I ask if you had other acceptances? I looked around the thread but didn't know how far to look! Has anyone else heard of people getting off the WL yet?

Yeah I had 2 other acceptances but this one is definitely the best!

Anybody know the clinical rotation sites? Are most rotations done at LAC/USC? Haven't found anything on this online.

Mostly at County but a lot of rotations have other sites as well. Pretty sure someone in my class had a ton of rotations at Huntington in Pasadena by being proactive with preferences.

I recall speaking to students about this but I don't remember the details...though I want to say most are at County and maybe a few at Norris/Keck

Probably CHLA for peds

USC is also affiliated with Rancho Los Amigos which is a rehab hospital but I'm not sure if students get to rotate through there.

Yes some students rotate at Rancho for neuro. We have a ton of clinical sites but mostly USC. CHLA for peds inpatient or outpatient, the other will be at USC. Keck is an option for a lot of rotations too.

I think most is county/keck. For peds I think it's half CHLA half County. And then for family is either some place in LA, some place in Palm Springs, or some place in Hawaii(?). I vaguely recall Hawaii but I'm not 100% sure.

Family has a TON of options because it's mostly outpatient - many students use it as a time to go home if they're from somewhere else. Yes, there are sites in Hawaii as well as SF, New York, Alaska, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
What are people doing for the supply list for ICM? That's a lot of stuff to get and I don't want to just blindly order on Amazon since I don't know which brands/models are preferred etc.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
+1 to LordRequiem's post. Curious if there's a better way.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are people doing for the supply list for ICM? That's a lot of stuff to get and I don't want to just blindly order on Amazon since I don't know which brands/models are preferred etc.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Also curious about this. Do we really need a doctor's bag?

Reactions: 1 users
It happened! Accepted off the waitlist today!! Don't lose faith everyone. I know I was starting to feel pretty down but keep your head up! Good things will happen :)

Secondaries submitted 9/21, interviewed 1/20 fwiw

Reactions: 6 users
It happened! Accepted off the waitlist today!! Don't lose faith everyone. I know I was starting to feel pretty down but keep your head up! Good things will happen :)

Secondaries submitted 9/21, interviewed 1/20 fwiw
LizzyM?

Withdrawing my acceptance today since I got off the waitlist at my top choice. Hope the spot goes to one of you!!

Reactions: 4 users
Are those being accepted from USC waitlist also getting an email sent to them informing them of their acceptance? I'm currently out of the country and unable to receive calls. Thanks! @MrMassador @plssomewhereacceptme @beebops254
same as @beebops254. Received a call and received a voicemail. However, I imagine that if you're out of the country, they'd probably eventually email you if you never got around to your phone? Maybe send them a quick email/call letting them know of your situation?

Any news from keck recently? Anyone know when they'll cut us loose from the WL? Gotta start looking for housing at other schools- it's kinda a gamble!

My spot on the waitlist was vacated this afternoon via email. Best wishes to you all.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Did anyone NOT vacated from the waitlist call or follow up with keck? Wondering what our odds are lookin like

Did anyone NOT vacated from the waitlist call or follow up with keck? Wondering what our odds are lookin like

The class is full and waitlist movement at other schools has basically stopped. I'd say close to 0%

Does the L.A Times article changes anyone's view on the school?

Does the L.A Times article changes anyone's view on the school?

It shouldn't. He resigned, and the new dean is much more involved in student affairs stuff. Personally, I suspect this will all play out on a much bigger institutional/administrative level that will realistically have little effect on the day-to-day education of the med students.

It shouldn't. He resigned, and the new dean is much more involved in student affairs stuff. Personally, I suspect this will all play out on a much bigger institutional/administrative level that will realistically have little effect on the day-to-day education of the med students.
Minus the high chance the school goes on probation...

just got vacated from the waitlist. good luck to everyone else!