2016-2017 University of Cincinnati Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted!!!! OOS, LizzyM 76 and interviewed 8/31. So excited!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you guys just see it as an update in the portal or did you get an email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Decisions are going to be posted after 12 today, but before 5. They are working on them now so some might be up already. Just called the admissions office.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted!!!!!! No email, just checked my MedOneStop portal and everything was different (took me a while to find the "Applicants" tab to confirm my decision). Interviewed 8/31.

There is also a "no decision has been reached" message as well as all of my interview info, so I don't think those have been taken down yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Check your application portals guys. I was also just accepted without any email! IS applicant. II 8/31. LizzyM ~77. Good luck all :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 9/7 OOS LizzyM 76, accepted today 10/17!

Interviewed 9/7, OOS, accepted!!!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 8/19, IS, accepted!

Wow OOS interviewed on 8/19 and denied. This was the only school I expected to hear from today. Not fun.

Accepted!!!! IS, interviewed 8/19. Sitting in disbelief at the fact I am actually going to be a doctor!!!!

Sigh. Alternate List. Interviewed 9/7. IS

At the interview, I got the impression that the waitlist barely has any movement. Welp. It was nice visiting Cinci I guess.

I'm sure they said this at the interview, but just to be crystal clear, saying yes on the portal is non-committal right?

I'm sure they said this at the interview, but just to be crystal clear, saying yes on the portal is non-committal right?

As far as I understand, it is non-committal.

Yeah it is non-committal, no deposit either. Just need to confirm to hold your spot.

I am so confused - what do you clink on once you log on to the portal??

Based upon last year's thread, I'm predicting that those of us who interviewed on 9/30 will hear back next Thursday. At least this is what I'm telling myself so I don't keep checking the portal every 5 minutes.

Can anyone recommend a cheap place to stay here? I'm really on a tight budget and have to stay three nights due to the flights I had to choose haha

Can anyone recommend a cheap place to stay here? I'm really on a tight budget and have to stay three nights due to the flights I had to choose haha

Use airbnb for local places to stay. Just make sure to read reviews of the home owner and message him/her with any questions you have. You can find plenty of people located close to the medical school who are willing to let you stay in their guest bedrooms for <$40 a night.

Use airbnb for local places to stay. Just make sure to read reviews of the home owner and message him/her with any questions you have. You can find plenty of people located close to the medical school who are willing to let you stay in their guest bedrooms for <$40

Cool never thought of doing that! Thanks!

Hey guys,
I'm a current M1 at UCCOM, so if you have any questions about UCCOM, the interview day, living in Cincinnati, etc., please feel free to tag me here or send me a message!

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my interview this afternoon. Good luck to everyone; may your inboxes be full and your schedules hectic as the season progresses.

I interviewed here today and loved it so much :) I can't wait to hear back

I received one over a month ago and it was for Nov. 1. I think they prioritize interview dates somehow... I am interviewing on "Diversity Day"
I'm interviewing on diversity day too. Maybe I'll see you there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if Cincinnati is receptive to the in the area requests?

Reactions: 1 user
OH resident, currently living across the country for a year but did not establish residency because I want to come back to the great state of OH (or close!)

Hey, I have a similar LizzyM score, so I am curious where you got II to and what your mcat score is? Congrats btw!

Anyone have an idea when the next round of decisions come out?

Alternate list. Does anyone know if there's any hope of getting accepted off the alternate list?

Last edited: