2020-2021 University of Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Man I want an interview here so bad... don’t know if it’s over or not though.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Been a rough week with the Pre-II Rs but I thought I might as well throw in my update today to UC. I'm in state...so who knows, maybe I'm that one lucky person that gets the needle moved...

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Would anyone be able to speak about UCCOM’s Spanish elective?

Is entry competitive? How does one apply? How is the program overall and its effectiveness?

What is the turnaround time after your interview? Is it 3-4 weeks? I interviewed 2/26. Anybody from that day hear anything?

What is the turnaround time after your interview? Is it 3-4 weeks? I interviewed 2/26. Anybody from that day hear anything?

They said 4-6 weeks on interview day, but on this thread, I've seen the date range start at 2.5 weeks...

2/26 hasn't heard anything yet, but might on Monday.

Reactions: 1 user
Also interviewed the 26th, I haven’t heard anything but I don’t think we will hear as early as Monday either though I guess there is a possibility.

So I was scrolling through the Cincinnati financial aid page and just saw that apparently there was another form for UCCOM financial aid application with a deadline of March 1st which I didn't realize was a thing and never filled out. I was under the impression that FAFSA was the only thing I had to complete which I did. So will I not get any aid from Cincinnati itself now?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I was scrolling through the Cincinnati financial aid page and just saw that apparently there was another form for UCCOM financial aid application with a deadline of March 1st which I didn't realize was a thing and never filled out. I was under the impression that FAFSA was the only thing I had to complete which I did. So will I not get any aid from Cincinnati itself now?
It's not really an application, you just gotta send your and your parents' tax returns/W-2s (or a waiver if you don't have one of these) but I'd guess March 1st is a soft deadline. Definitely reach out to the fin aid office to see if you can send it anyways.

It's not really an application, you just gotta send your and your parents' tax returns/W-2s (or a waiver if you don't have one of these) but I'd guess March 1st is a soft deadline. Definitely reach out to the fin aid office to see if you can send it anyways.
Thanks, just sent them an email

Going off this topic, is sending tax returns/W-2s something commonly required by medical schools, or is it pretty specific to UCCOM? I probably never would've realized if not for the OP asking about it, and now I'm worried I just missed a bunch of deadlines... On another note, should I even be sending these forms if I haven't gotten a post-II decision yet? Omg I'm so confused lol... I'll definitely be emailing/calling but wanted to know if anyone who's been through the process already has any insight?

Going off this topic, is sending tax returns/W-2s something commonly required by medical schools, or is it pretty specific to UCCOM? I probably never would've realized if not for the OP asking about it, and now I'm worried I just missed a bunch of deadlines... On another note, should I even be sending these forms if I haven't gotten a post-II decision yet? Omg I'm so confused lol... I'll definitely be emailing/calling but wanted to know if anyone who's been through the process already has any insight?

From my experience, FAFSA is the main thing required for financial aid. CSS Profile is required by some particular schools, and to complete that you do need to upload several tax forms as documentation. I would just look into the specific school's financial aid website pages for those you've interviewed with.

I’ve only had to send these docs to 2 schools. The rest have required FAFSA and some a scholarships/fin aid application. Every program is slightly different

Does anyone know if they're still sending out II?

Reactions: 1 users
Do they do biweekly decisions? Also any 2/26 folks hear back?
What I’ve noticed is that the acceptance calls seem to happen every other Monday later in the afternoon but that’s just based on people reporting on SDN.

Got the call. A!! Interviewed on Feb 19

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Congratulations to all the acceptances! Interviewed on 2/26 and it’s reassuring all of the decisions are coming from earlier in February. So to all the other 2/26 interviewees, I think we still have a good chance

Just got the call as well. Also interviewed 2/19. Ahhh such a sweet moment. Wishing everybody the best !

Reactions: 7 users
Congratulations to all the acceptances! Interviewed on 2/26 and it’s reassuring all of the decisions are coming from earlier in February. So to all the other 2/26 interviewees, I think we still have a good chance
Seems that way. I was sweating for a minute there lol. Congrats to everyone who heard back today :)

I hope so, so badly

Though another two weeks of waiting might kill me, lol

Some folks get acceptance emails without a corresponding call, just FYI!

Some folks get acceptance emails without a corresponding call, just FYI!
Did that happen to you? Not sure why they would only call some people. I would feel some type of way if I didn't get one lol.

Did that happen to you? Not sure why they would only call some people. I would feel some type of way if I didn't get one lol.
Yes! Got an email saying to check my portal early morning. Had no call so I assumed it was a WL/R but the status page had a new one that said congrats!

On interview day, they explained that they haven’t accepted anyone off the alt list in like 5 years, right?
Three years actually. I was a victim of that lol. Most likely gonna withdraw if I’m WL’d. Don’t even know why they use it

Three years actually. I was a victim of that lol. Most likely gonna withdraw if I’m WL’d. Don’t even know why they use it
So they over accept/overbook and the numbers just magically work out? They have a class size of ~182 and the Facebook group currently has 193 people (although some maybe upper classmen) so I wonder how many more people they plan on accepting. They do say they try to keep the acceptance rate the same for all interviews until the end of the cycle.

Edit: post-II chart from data king shows they accept about 2x their class. I'm amazed how they are able to get it right without needing to pull from the WL.

Last edited:
I also don’t understand it, but they didn’t pull a single person from their alt list last year nor the year before that. I was looking through last year’s thread, and someone posted an email response from them where they stated that these years of not using the alt list are anomalous, and historically they take 10-20 people from it. No idea if this year will be a return to normalcy for them in that regard, but I’m not getting my hopes up.
When did you interview?

lol tier 2 waitlist here. I feel there might be more waitlist movement overall due to people attending more interviews so hopefully, there will be movement here too. 🙏

I also don’t understand it, but they didn’t pull a single person from their alt list last year nor the year before that. I was looking through last year’s thread, and someone posted an email response from them where they stated that these years of not using the alt list are anomalous, and historically they take 10-20 people from it. No idea if this year will be a return to normalcy for them in that regard, but I’m not getting my hopes up.
3+ years is no longer an anomaly. It's a pattern.

I think this year may be different because they started using the tier 1 waitlist which they haven’t used in a while
Do you know someone that was placed on tier 1? From my recollection, tier 1, which they rarely use, means that you have been accepted but the class is full so they are giving you a spot in the next year's class. They claim they keep their A rate the same throughout the cycle to give everyone a chance at an A so their class shouldn't be full right now as far as I know

Do you know someone that was placed on tier 1? From my recollection, tier 1, which they rarely use, means that you have been accepted but the class is full so they are giving you a spot in the next year's class. They claim they keep their A rate the same throughout the cycle to give everyone a chance at an A so their class shouldn't be full right now as far as I know
I was put on tier 1 in November and someone else on here was as well

What I gathered from the interview video is there are 5 outcomes after the interview.
Acceptance, a WL but you would have been accepted if there was space (not usually needed), WL Tier 1 (Majority voted WL with some voting acceptance), WL Tier 2 (Majority voted WL with some rejection votes), and then a Rejection.
This could all be solved if they would keep these videos up for more than 24 hours post interview lol.

Reactions: 3 users
What I gathered from the interview video is there are 5 outcomes after the interview.
Acceptance, a WL but you would have been accepted if there was space (not usually needed), WL Tier 1 (Majority voted WL with some voting acceptance), WL Tier 2 (Majority voted WL with some rejection votes), and then a Rejection.
This could all be solved if they would keep these videos up for more than 24 hours post interview lol.
That would make a lot of sense. They must’ve changed the videos a bit since I interviewed, they used to have a tier 3 and 4.

So if I interviewed March 9th am I pretty much a WL candidate? 🤔

Im asking because maybe not everyone accepted is in the Facebook group. But if they accept 360 and they have 193 now, maybe I have a good chance still

And what would you all do if you have an acceptance at your #3 school, but let’s say your #1 school asks you to defer?

So "space" meaning your interview cohort was exceptional, but since they try to keep a constant A rate (65% ish), they put someone on a tier 1 even though that person reached the threshold for acceptance. Because there's space in the class right now so "not having space" must mean something else?

Edit: I was reading up on tier 1 and apparently you are basically guaranteed to get off the WL. No one has been asked to defer in recent years, but then again they claimed they haven't used tier 1 in recent years so that could change this year lol

UCCOM process can be quite convoluted lol.

Last edited:
So if I interviewed March 9th am I pretty much a WL candidate? 🤔

Im asking because maybe not everyone accepted is in the Facebook group. But if they accept 360 and they have 193 now, maybe I have a good chance still
You don't interview for WL spots here. They keep the acceptance rate constant for all interview cohorts so that late interviewers aren't put at a disadvantage.