2016-2017 University of Cincinnati Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not a stupid question! I would not worry about 2 B's at all. You'll be completely fine, don't even stress about it!

Awesome! Thank you for the quick response!

Members don't see this ad.

My application was complete 7/18 and I still haven't heard anything. Wish I would hear back one way or the other soon.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today with 3.73 cGPA, 3.72 sGPA, 522, OOS, and over-represented. Interviewed 9/30

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted via phone call yesterday! (LizzyM 74, IS, interviewed 10/21)

I can't believe I am actually at this point. First acceptance! Wishing the best for everyone on here.

Reactions: 3 users
Received my acceptance today!!!!! My first one!!!!! I'm actually going to be a doctor!!!!!!!!

All the usual info for you guys; OOS, LizzyM 75!

I was called by a medical student! And I interviewed 10/21!!
:) :) :)

Reactions: 1 user
Interview 10/12 still didn't hear anything back. Is that a bad sign? :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Interview 10/12 still didn't hear anything back. Is that a bad sign? :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Don't stress about it yet. Calls are still going out. It's also possible that your interview group hasn't been reviewed yet.

When I applied last year, I was told I'd get my decision on October 15th. The end of the day came on October 15th and my portal hadn't been updated, so I assumed I'd been rejected and got super depressed about it. Two weeks later, I got accepted. Really, do not stress too much about it, it's not worth it.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected today post interview. 2nd year in a row. Interviewed 10/21. no call/email just checked my portal and it was updated.

best of luck to everyone else

Rejected post interview today as well. Can't say I'm surprised. On the bright side, at least I got a tumbler from the interview.

Let me know if you guys want MMI prep tips because tbh my PS and EC's were not too stellar, GPA rather average too (3.7), but I think I absolutely killed the MMI and I would think thats why I got accepted.

Of course, I cant share any information pertaining to the actual questions/content or any info, but I can explain to you how to take advantage of the fast-paced environment of MMI and how to keep your cool when you get to an interviewer who will grill you (they always have at least 1).

Reactions: 2 users
@Lannister Hello! I was looking at the cost of attendance for the first and second years and noticed there is a large increase in tuition for the second year - would you happen to know why that is? Thank you in advance!

https://med.uc.edu/financialservices/costofattendance/firstyear

https://med.uc.edu/financialservices/costofattendance/secondyear

@james11 is correct, you have a summer semester between 2nd and 3rd year, whereas you get the summer off after M1.
Also, not sure if you're OOS or IS, but if you're OOS you can get IS tuition after your first year (and if you lease an apartment in Kentucky, you can get IS tuition first year as well).

@james11 is correct, you have a summer semester between 2nd and 3rd year, whereas you get the summer off after M1.
Also, not sure if you're OOS or IS, but if you're OOS you can get IS tuition after your first year (and if you lease an apartment in Kentucky, you can get IS tuition first year as well).

Thank you! :)

Wow, that is a pretty sweet deal for OOS! Do you know if many OOS students choose to lease an apartment in Kentucky for their first year?

Wow, that is a pretty sweet deal for OOS! Do you know if many OOS students choose to lease an apartment in Kentucky for their first year?

Most people live in Ohio, specifically the Clifton area. Hyde park is also popular. There are a few people over in Newport in KY but not a ton. Honestly, if I had known that you got IS first year for Kentucky, I totally would've lived over there. Newport is pretty nice and it's only like a 10 minute drive from the med school.

This is a pretty sweet deal but there is one caveat. If you choose to live in Kentucky then it is advisable to stay there all four years. If you live there during Year 1 and decide to move into Ohio for year two, you would then have to pay out of state tuition for the year that it will take to gain Ohio residency. This is what I was told during the interview by financial aide.

This is a pretty sweet deal but there is one caveat. If you choose to live in Kentucky then it is advisable to stay there all four years. If you live there during Year 1 and decide to move into Ohio for year two, you would then have to pay out of state tuition for the year that it will take to gain Ohio residency. This is what I was told during the interview by financial aide.

Did not know that, thanks!

Yeah the tuition for year 2 is going to be balanced by the gain in residency as a "citizen" of Ohio.

Anyone that interviewed on diversity day (11/01) anxiously wating for a response? I'm thinking they're going to tell us after this weekend because of thanksgiving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Anyone that interviewed on diversity day (11/01) anxiously wating for a response? I'm thinking they're going to tell us after this weekend because of thanksgiving.

Very much anxiously waiting.. I'm so nervous.. If they accept me I will probably withdraw all my other apps, h loves this school. I'm guessing it will be next week

Very anxious as well! Absolutely fell in love with the school and certainly one of two top choices for me. :nailbiting: Do you really think next week? For some reason I was thinking it would be the first week of December.

Very anxious as well! Absolutely fell in love with the school and certainly one of two top choices for me. :nailbiting: Do you really think next week? For some reason I was thinking it would be the first week of December.
Well, I have looked into this thread and the one from last year and on average they take from 21 to 28 days. I think is definitely going to be towards the longer side because of the thanksgiving. So I'm guessing the 28 or 29 of November . I can't wait! This is my #1 school.

Good luck guys :) I know the wait is nerve-wracking but try not to think about med school over the next few days and enjoy Thanksgiving!

Accepted by phone call this morning! Interviewed 11/1, good luck guys! Very nice school

Reactions: 7 users
Well this is either going to be awesome or terrible news right before thanksgiving....

Accepted by phone call just now!!! I'm so exciteddddd! Can't wait to attend this school! :)

Reactions: 6 users
Just got the acceptance call :)
Interviewed on 11/1 for diversity day

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the call about an hour ago--ACCEPTED!!! Wahooooooo:soexcited:
First time UC applicant, 2nd time overall. OOS. Also interviewed on 11/1 for Diversity Day

Reactions: 4 users
Woke up to the best voicemail EVER! Interviewed 11/1

Waitlisted. Pretty bummed knowing the waitlist hasn't been known to move here :/

Last edited:
Omg just got accepted!! Tears of happiness. God is good!

Reactions: 11 users
Accepted today! Got a phone call from an M1 and my portal updated soon after. Interviewed on 11/1 for Diversity Day but I'm OOS so this was a pleasant surprise!

Hey guys, so I think there's not a Facebook group for people that have gotten accepted. Do any of you know of a group?

Accepted several days ago. Interviewed 11/1. First school I applied to because I figured I'd love it, and at the interview I was proven right. So happy!!!

Students who got accepted earlier in the cycle: Do we get some sort of acceptance package sent to us or what is the next after accepting the offer??