2018-2019 University of Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok this is gonna sound super neurotic, but does anyone know what time of day they typically send out post-II decisions? I pretty sure that 12/19 people are gonna hear back today - I just don't know when. I wanna know whether I can stop checking my email this morning lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Ok this is gonna sound super neurotic, but does anyone know what time of day they typically send out post-II decisions? I pretty sure that 12/19 people are gonna hear back today - I just don't know when. I wanna know whether I can stop checking my email this morning lol.

I got the call super early in the morning, but didn't get an official email/portal didn't update until late afternoon (~4:30 pm CST) so hopefully everyone waiting gets great news later today!

Reactions: 1 user
I got the call super early in the morning, but didn't get an official email/portal didn't update until late afternoon (~4:30 pm CST) so hopefully everyone waiting gets great news later today!
Thanks for the info! My guess at this point is that the committee didn't meet because of MLK day earlier this week. Perhaps we have to wait another week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info! My guess at this point is that the committee didn't meet because of MLK day earlier this week. Perhaps we have to wait another week?
****kkkkk I hope not

In the past they have tweeted the night before they release acceptances!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Hey guys! So I called the admissions office asking about when decisions will be made since the financial aid deadline is approaching. I was told that they will be having a meeting Monday, Jan 28th, for the final decisions and the decisions will be released 4 days afterward. So we should be hearing back next Friday (Feb 1st)! She also said that the financial aid deadline was flexible for students who are accepted after the Feb 1st deadline and are just as seriously considered as students who were accepted before the financial aid deadline. Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! So I called the admissions office asking about when decisions will be made since the financial aid deadline is approaching. I was told that they will be having a meeting Monday, Jan 28th, for the final decisions and the decisions will be released 4 days afterward. So we should be hearing back next Friday (Feb 4th)! She also said that the financial aid deadline was flexible for students who are accepted after the Feb 1st deadline and are just as seriously considered as students who were accepted before the financial aid deadline. Hope this helps :)

Does this include decisions for those who interviewed on the last day (01/08)?

Hey guys! So I called the admissions office asking about when decisions will be made since the financial aid deadline is approaching. I was told that they will be having a meeting Monday, Jan 28th, for the final decisions and the decisions will be released 4 days afterward. So we should be hearing back next Friday (Feb 4th)! She also said that the financial aid deadline was flexible for students who are accepted after the Feb 1st deadline and are just as seriously considered as students who were accepted before the financial aid deadline. Hope this helps :)

Sorry, 4 days after would be Feb 1st! Feb 4th is Monday and not a Friday. Just want to clarify. I have an interview on Friday, Feb 1st. Definitely want to be available if I'm so fortunate to receive a call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, 4 days after would be Feb 1st! Feb 4th is Monday and not a Friday. Just want to clarify. I have an interview on Friday, Feb 1st. Definitely want to be available if I'm so fortunate to receive a call.
Feb 1st is what I meant.

So have they not made any decisions for 12/19 folks? Or did they release some, but not all. If they had to do all 12/19 decisions on Monday then I'd agree, 1/08-ers would likely have to be bumped.

I just wanted to thank the brave soul for calling up the department, we all really appreciate it, truly.

So have they not made any decisions for 12/19 folks? Or did they release some, but not all. If they had to do all 12/19 decisions on Monday then I'd agree, 1/08-ers would likely have to be bumped.
I don't think any 12/19 folks have heard back. I wonder what's taking them so long, especially since they said 5 weeks during my interview day

They told us it was, yes. Go time

Can't lie, I find this hard to believe, since they told us (1/08) it would take 5 weeks and it appears that they haven't even gotten to 12/19, unless they want to just release the acceptances for both groups all at once on Feb 1. I could call to confirm, but I'm not going to, lol.

Can't lie, I find this hard to believe, since they told us (1/08) it would take 5 weeks and it appears that they haven't even gotten to 12/19, unless they want to just release the acceptances for both groups all at once on Feb 1. I could call to confirm, but I'm not going to, lol.
On their Twitter they definitely said they were looking at 12/19 folks back in early January, so maybe you're right. Back then, they were also looking at two days at once, so maybe there's just a little bit of overlap left from 12/19 that they didn't get to. I do think 1/08 is being reviewed today.

On their Twitter they definitely said they were looking at 12/19 folks back in early January, so maybe you're right. Back then, they were also looking at two days at once, so maybe there's just a little bit of overlap left from 12/19 that they didn't get to. I do think 1/08 is being reviewed today.

Yeah, I'm just going to keep assuming that they'll come out anytime from Feb 12-19 and if they come out earlier (plsssss UCCCCC) I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I called earlier today, actually. When I asked if it might be possible to say when the 12/19 admission decisions might be released, all they could tell me was, "Soon."

So... no idea?

I called earlier today, actually. When I asked if it might be possible to say when the 12/19 admission decisions might be released, all they could tell me was, "Soon."

So... no idea?
You're the real MVP for calling over there. The answer they gave is... just stupid. Soon can mean tomorrow or a month from now :annoyed:

Yeah, I don't think it will be tomorrow since there is no Twitter post (they usually tweet the day before decision release). I hope that I am wrong though

So... no idea?
Hey, thanks for calling. A disappointing answer though, for sure.

I interviewed on 12/19 and today emailed them asking if they could provide info on a timeline. They said they “are expecting to have made final decisions within the next couple of weeks” :/

I interviewed on 12/19 and today emailed them asking if they could provide info on a timeline. They said they “are expecting to have made final decisions within the next couple of weeks” :/
That's what they told me as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for contacting them. At least "a couple weeks" is more definitive than "soon".

Was told 5 weeks from interview for decisions, this will be week 7 and it sounds like we may not even hear back this week. I think this school may need a lecture on professionalism...

Was told 5 weeks from interview for decisions, this will be week 7 and it sounds like we may not even hear back this week. I think this school may need a lecture on professionalism...
I would forgive them if I get accepted lol. Otherwise I would be really sad

Current M2 here. Feel free to ask any questions, I'll do my best to help! Disclaimer: I'm not associated with the adcom so I'm not sure about when decision dates are

My suspicion is that they want to release the last January interviewee decisions along with the 12/19 decisions just to finish things off all at once. Which in that case, means we won't hear back probably until mid February.

My suspicion is that they want to release the last January interviewee decisions along with the 12/19 decisions just to finish things off all at once. Which in that case, means we won't hear back probably until mid February.

I agree. It's the most logical, since they've already made the decisions. Plus that two week timeline lines up with our (1/08) release date.

What kind of financial aid (merit scholarships or other scholarships for OOS) is available? Do many students receive it? Where do most students live? Thanks in advance!
There are some merit scholarships I believe you are automatically considered for when you apply, and some need based ones too. And there are also federal loans-everyone including OOS are eligible for them (University of Cincinnati College of Medicine | Medical Student Financial Services - Types of Aid - ..WB1PRD02W-med.uc.edu)
If you are an out of state student planning to get in-state residency this will be your way to go: you have to show financial independence which means signing up for these loans.
Most of us live around campus, within a walk or short driving distance. Feel free to PM me for more information on this!

i agree but also this is so unfair?? like how much harder is it to just tell us on time i feel like we’re being punished for no reason????

Accepted call this morning around 10 am ET (from student). They said the portal would update around 1 pm today! Interviewed 12/19 OOS. Super excited this is my top choice!

Accepted call this morning around 10 am ET (from student). They said the portal would update around 1 pm today! Interviewed 12/19 OOS. Super excited this is my top choice!
Thanks for letting us know to expect it today. Also interviewed on this date. Good luck everyone

holy **** i got a random call from kentucky that i thought was spam so i just let it go but i think it was an m1???!?!

edit: first acceptance!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to all who got accepted!!

Any 1/08 interviewees hear back?