2022-2023 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On the website it says May 1 is our deadline to reconfirm our place on the waitlist after we receive an email asking us to do that. Did anyone get an email yet?
Didn't get an email yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I only ever confirmed my waitlist spot when they emailed us with our initial decision a few months ago

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the email to re-confirm spot on the waitlist

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the email to re-confirm spot on the waitlist
+1. Then received the A just 2 hrs after that email!! May withdraw but wondering if anyone knows any information on scholarships at this point. Are they still being offered?

Last edited:
+1. Then received the A just 2 hrs after that email!! May withdraw but wondering if anyone knows any information on scholarships at this point. Are they still being offered?
Congrats!! That's incredible that you heard back so quickly! Anyone else on tier 1 hear back yet?

Probably should call the office of admissions and have them direct you to the best person to ask this question.

Did they call you?

Also did everyone else get the re-confirmation email?

Last edited:
I also got the re-confirmation email. Really hoping the waitlist moves in May and not June...

Did they call you?

Also did everyone else get the re-confirmation email?
No, they sent an email saying that they've made a decision and to check my portal for my application status. I'm sure there will be more WL movement once the May 1st deadline hits.

• Love
Is anyone else a little nervous about tier 1 waitlist movement since a lot of ppl were placed on tier 1? My neuroticism has really started to kick in since May is approaching lol

Edit: also, if they have an official accepted students groupme or facebook can someone who is accepted let us know how many ppl are in there?
I saw that they did that I think last year.

Thanks!

Is anyone else a little nervous about tier 1 waitlist movement since a lot of ppl were placed on tier 1? My neuroticism has really started to kick in since May is approaching lol

Edit: also, if they have an official accepted students groupme or facebook can someone who is accepted let us know how many ppl are in there?
I saw that they did that I think last year.

Thanks!
I found the facebook page (group number is public) currently there are 130 members and I feel like class size is 175 per MSAR

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all, I signed up to SDN to keep track of this page (I am on Cincy's waitlist). Wanted to mention that the Facebook page has 3 admin members, so the total looks like it's at 128 right now. Keep the hope alive!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Friendly reminder for those who've chosen their home for the next 4 years to remove their acceptances/waitlist spots for the peeps on the alternate list. Pls and thank you :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Friendly reminder for those who've chosen their home for the next 4 years to remove their acceptances/waitlist spots for the peeps on the alternate list. Pls and thank you :)
Yes, super second this! Congrats to everyone who has chosen their medical school and extra thank you to everyone who has decided to not go to cincy who withdraw their acceptance!

• Love
I sent my letter of intent this February. I got accepted to another school which I’m very grateful for but Cincy is fs my top choice. I have until June 8th to commit to enroll at my accepted school which I’m afraid might not be enough time for cincy to make their decision. What are my chances being on tier 3? Is there any acceptable way of trying to expedite their decision if too much time passes by?

I sent my letter of intent this February. I got accepted to another school which I’m very grateful for but Cincy is fs my top choice. I have until June 8th to commit to enroll at my accepted school which I’m afraid might not be enough time for cincy to make their decision. What are my chances being on tier 3? Is there any acceptable way of trying to expedite their decision if too much time passes by?
I'm in the same boat, with Tier 3 and Letter of intent, I don't think there is a way to expedite the process for cincy. At a certain date per AMCAS trafficking rules you have to withdraw all waitlists and if you don't hear back from cincy at that point you probably will have to go to the other school. I feel like tier 3 movement depends on 1) how many people withdraw their acceptances 2) how many people withdraw themselves from the waitlist (i.e. in tier 1 and 2) and 3) how many people from the waitlist receive an offer but decide not to accept.

I'm in the same boat, with Tier 3 and Letter of intent, I don't think there is a way to expedite the process for cincy. At a certain date per AMCAS trafficking rules you have to withdraw all waitlists and if you don't hear back from cincy at that point you probably will have to go to the other school. I feel like tier 3 movement depends on 1) how many people withdraw their acceptances 2) how many people withdraw themselves from the waitlist (i.e. in tier 1 and 2) and 3) how many people from the waitlist receive an offer but decide not to accept.
So far there are only 128 in accept fb group, with possibly more people withdrawing as the May 1 deadline approaches.

Really helpful! Appreciate it!

I'm Tier 1 and crossing my fingers for some WL movement in the coming weeks!! I'm really grateful to have other options but UC is hands down my top choice.

Tier 2 and Cincinnati is my only chance. Many thanks to those withdrawing and best of luck with your other choices!

I'm Tier 1 and crossing my fingers for some WL movement in the coming weeks!! I'm really grateful to have other options but UC is hands down my top choice.
Hopefully next week!!

Lots of people are saying UCCOM is their top choice! I thought it was mine too but now I'm confused between it and another school. I'm on Tier 1 btw. What are your favorite things about the school or what draws you guys to it?

A note for those on Tier 3... I was on Tier 3 last year and Cincy was the only school i was WL at. I sent in a LOI, regular updates in May, June, July, emailed/called admissions, even went in person to the office and never heard anything back until I got rejected in late July. Decided to reapply and am on Tier 1 this year. I know it's so hard but just wanted to give you my experience so you weren't in the dark for the next few months

Officially withdrew my acceptance! Good luck to everyone on the WL!!

Reactions: 4 users
Are people expecting movement tomorrow?
Cincinnati has taken longer to start movement in previous years. Not sure if this cycle will be the same, but hoping for the best for everyone that is WL, whenever that may be!!

I think it's still pretty early for WL movement, but I'll definitely be looking out in the next few weeks! Best of luck to everyone!
I was accepted off the WL last week (tier 1, but withdrew ^) just after recieving the "confirm your spot on the alt list" email. Idk what this means for WL movement but anything possible!

Received my A just now! First A of my cycle

Last edited:
  • Love
I can't believe it!!!! Just received the A - looks like they're moving fast this year!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the WL today - also tier 1. Application withdrawn. Good luck to those still waiting!

Anyone have an estimate of what the probability is of getting off tier 2?
I think its really hard to know. Cause unclear how many total people are ahead of you/how many of those people will withdraw their acceptance. Thats just my two cents.

does anyone know how accurate the facebook numbers are I feel like its hard to believe that there are only 138 people in the class right now when the past years have been 180ish

does anyone know how accurate the facebook numbers are I feel like its hard to believe that there are only 138 people in the class right now when the past years have been 180ish
Your guess is as best as mine lol