2016-2017 University of Cincinnati Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are there additional essays to complete if you receive an II like last year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh complete here 7/27 and still nothing. This waiting thing sucks. IS, too.

PSA heard through the grapevine that August 19th is the first interview date and that this is the earliest they have ever started interviews, if anybody is interested

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

PSA heard through the grapevine that August 19th is the first interview date and that this is the earliest they have ever started interviews, if anybody is interested

Ya I had to push back my interview date to Sept 7th b/c Aug 19th wouldve given me 2 weeks prepare lol.

I submitted my secondary app on 7/20, and also all my other application materials (LORs, MCAT, etc..) were received before that, but on the application status page it says that my application was completed 8/8. Anyone knows why?

II! LizzyM low 70s, complete mid July, OOS

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II !! I almost cried... Complete around 8/9

Reactions: 1 users
My secondary was submitted 8/17 but my AMCAS and final LOR wasn't verified until the first of this week. I am hoping to hear soon-ish! Congratulations to everyone who got an II!

Any Cinci students on here that would be willing to let me ask them some questions?? It would be greatly appreciated :)

Completed on 8/8. Still no II. Is this a bad sign? :(

Completed on 8/8. Still no II. Is this a bad sign? :(

No your completely fine. Keep in mind that the bulk of apps were sent out right when you submitted so the majority of schools have a ton of work to do. Just sit back relax and enjoy it

For those of you who got an II did you get an e-mail telling you your status had been changed or did you only see it in the portal?

For those of you who got an II did you get an e-mail telling you your status had been changed or did you only see it in the portal?

I got an email telling me I had an II, the date and time were on the portal

II! This is my first one, I am so excited! LizzyM 70, OOS, URM. Submitted 08/24

Reactions: 3 users
What interview dates are currently being booked?

II on 8/30, complete on 8/10
LizzyM 74, IS

Unfortunately, I was given a date on 9/7 (only a week's notice). I am starting a new job then so I am waiting to hear back about rescheduling. Anybody else have experience with rescheduling?

Interviewed here today! Had an awesome time, the admissions staff were super friendly and there is a wonderful family atmosphere. This experience + Cincinnati Children's makes this a current top choice for sure

For anyone like myself who is a bit nervous about their first MMI - it is actually way cooler than a traditional interview. You'll enjoy it, and they even give you a rundown on how it works beforehand. Best wishes to everyone else applying + interviewing! Hope that all of us here on SDN are future MedCats :)

Interviewed here today! Had an awesome time, the admissions staff were super friendly and there is a wonderful family atmosphere. This experience + Cincinnati Children's makes this a current top choice for sure

For anyone like myself who is a bit nervous about their first MMI - it is actually way cooler than a traditional interview. You'll enjoy it, and they even give you a rundown on how it works beforehand. Best wishes to everyone else applying + interviewing! Hope that all of us here on SDN are future MedCats :)
I'm interviewing here next week and just preparing using youtube videos and random ethics questions I can find. Do you think preparing would help at all or is just going in there loose and social the best approach? My impression was MMI's were more strict and impersonal and typically not much of a conversation. I could be way wrong though!

I'm interviewing here next week and just preparing using youtube videos and random ethics questions I can find. Do you think preparing would help at all or is just going in there loose and social the best approach? My impression was MMI's were more strict and impersonal and typically not much of a conversation. I could be way wrong though!

100% just be yourself!

I interviewed here last year, and I would highly recommend the loose and social approach. MMI's are strict in that they are structured and timed, and they differ from a conversation because you have time to prepare your response, but ultimately you're still just talking with another person. It's an opportunity for you to be authentic. The prompts are straightforward enough that you're not going to leave there wishing you had prepared for them. Best preparation is whatever makes you comfortable talking with strangers in a formal situation. Just be able to think critically and draw on your experiences and you'll have a good time.

To everyone who has already interviewed... How many people were there at your interview day??

There were two sessions (morning and afternoon) with 32 interviewees in each

Wow that is a lot of people! They interviewed 636 people last year, so that means they only have 10-11 interview dates

Wow that is a lot of people! They interviewed 636 people last year, so that means they only have 10-11 interview dates

I'm not sure if it's the same for all of the interview days. They said that they interview through February. :shrug:

There were two sessions (morning and afternoon) with 32 interviewees in each

Same, though we might be on the same day.
Also, from what I remember, they have interview days up to 3 times each month.

hmmm so about 7 month of interviews... Lets say there is a total of 20 interview days... Your day of 64 interviewee's seems like a lot but maybe the numbers get smaller as the applicant pool shrinks later on in the cycle

Also, they might have only an afternoon or only an evening session on certain interview days.

II just now, super excited this is one of my top choices!! LizzyM ~73, technically OOS but from KY ~5 minutes from Cincinnati and ties to the school/hospital. My date given was 9/30

Edit: complete the end of July

Last edited:
Can you tell us when your stats and when your secondary was submitted? thanks amigo

For folks who had IIs already with a 7:40 check-in, what time were you guys out by? Considering a 2:45 flight out of CVG, which I understand will be close even if we're out by the schedule of 1:20

On our day we were out right at 1:15. They had 32 new afternoon interviewees to worry about so they didn't keep us long. Also, the interview day ended with lunch then a super short recap, so if you absolutely need to leave early you won't be missing anything important. It's not something I'd advise, though. There was a decent amount of construction around campus.

II just now!
Completed the second half of July
OOS, LizzyM~73, ORM

Reactions: 3 users
What interview dates are currently being scheduled?

Just got an II! My first so far. This is one of my 2 top choices.

Last edited: