2016-2017 University of Cincinnati Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alternate list. So disappointed. This is was my top choice. I must have really been bad at MMI because I have significant ties to UC and Cincinnati. Does anyone know if there's any hope of getting accepted off the alternate list?

They said that it differs from one year to another, but it seems like they don't accept many people from the alternate list. When did you interview?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Alternate list. So disappointed. This is was my top choice. I must have really been bad at MMI because I have significant ties to UC and Cincinnati. Does anyone know if there's any hope of getting accepted off the alternate list?
These are my sentiments to a T. UC was one of my top choices. I think the assistant dean told us the waitlist only had about 15 people taken off last year and none the year before so I'm taking it as a rejection atm...

Members don't see this ad :)
These are my sentiments to a T. UC was one of my top choices. I think the assistant dean told us the waitlist only had about 15 people taken off last year and none the year before so I'm taking it as a rejection atm...
That's how I am taking it also. So disappointed.

ACCEPTED!!!!! Five years since graduating college with a lot of stuff in between. This is unreal!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked my portal, accepted!!!! No email or phone call yet. Interview 9/30, OOS but strong ties, LizzyM ~72-74

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected via portal. No email or phone call. Interviewed late September, LizzyM ~74
Good luck everyone.

Edit: email arrived later, saying my status has changed in the portal

Last edited:
I'm interviewing on diversity day too. Maybe I'll see you there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile
Same here! Although, just to make sure I understand, the Diversity Day program the day before is separate, right? My interview is scheduled for Nov. 1

OOS applicant here. Been complete since early August. Still awaiting an II. Does anyone know if they accept/appreciate LOI?

Reactions: 1 user
OOS applicant here. Been complete since early August. Still awaiting an II. Does anyone know if they accept/appreciate LOI?

sorry to double post.... i don't know about loi's but they talked a lot about liking updates during interview day, so I would guess that they do?

Accepted 10/17, 3.96 GPA, 521 MCAT, IS, interviewed 8-17
I was wondering if anyone knew if Cincinnati gives merit scholarships, and if they do, when they notify us?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys,
I'm a current M1 at UCCOM, so if you have any questions about UCCOM, the interview day, living in Cincinnati, etc., please feel free to tag me here or send me a message!
Do you know if anyone in your class got in from the alternate list? Thanks.

Do you know if anyone in your class got in from the alternate list? Thanks.

I don't personally know of anyone who got in off the alternate list, and if I remember correctly no one (or very few people) posted on SDN about getting in off the alternate list. I'm not sure if the lack of movement was unusual or not. I wouldn't give up hope yet if you're on the alternate list though, you never know!

I don't personally know of anyone who got in off the alternate list, and if I remember correctly no one (or very few people) posted on SDN about getting in off the alternate list. I'm not sure if the lack of movement was unusual or not. I wouldn't give up hope yet if you're on the alternate list though, you never know!
Thank you. I also didn't get the impression that the alternate list has very much or any movement.

Interviewing tomorrow... Any last minute advice??

Interviewing tomorrow... Any last minute advice??
Honestly just be relaxed. They do a really nice job making you feel comfortable in the morning and the MMI is not really pressurized. Be yourself and be confident.

Honestly just be relaxed. They do a really nice job making you feel comfortable in the morning and the MMI is not really pressurized. Be yourself and be confident.

Thank you! Is it worth brushing up on some ethical situations/healthcare issues or is it more common sense answers?

To be intentionally vague... I don't think any outside prep is really required.

When's the next wave of acceptances going out?

Bump - still wondering about this. If so, how do I send it?

Yes. It will specify this somewhere on their website. You can send an email to them with an attached PDF. However, they specify some specific things about the email format so you may want to find these directions and read them. I don't remember the specifics.

So we will probably have to wait until next week :(

Surprise interview!

Deciding if I want to pay for the travel out there or not... Seems like a cool school, but my credit card statement is already gross.

Surprise interview!

Deciding if I want to pay for the travel out there or not... Seems like a cool school, but my credit card statement is already gross.

It's a sweet school. I would definitely give it a shot if you can make it work! I did not expect to like it as much as I did!

Reactions: 3 users
It's a sweet school. I would definitely give it a shot if you can make it work! I did not expect to like it as much as I did!

I decided to withdraw my application. Nothing against the school - I was excited about it when I applied. With a couple of acceptances in hand and a bunch of credit card debt I'm trying to pay down before I quit my job, I couldn't stomach another trip out to the Midwest.

I decided to withdraw my application. Nothing against the school - I was excited about it when I applied. With a couple of acceptances in hand and a bunch of credit card debt I'm trying to pay down before I quit my job, I couldn't stomach another trip out to the Midwest.

Makes sense. I don't blame you. This whole process is very expensive.

I hope my spot goes to one of you SDNers in waiting!

Hey guys,
I'm a current M1 at UCCOM, so if you have any questions about UCCOM, the interview day, living in Cincinnati, etc., please feel free to tag me here or send me a message!

This is gonna sound like a stupid question, but is it acceptable if I get B+'s (maybe B's) in 2 of my classes this semester if I've already been accepted? Apparently we are supposed to maintain "an equal level of performance" to our first 3 years and I've gotten all A's (4.0 cGPA).

This is gonna sound like a stupid question, but is it acceptable if I get B+'s (maybe B's) in 2 of my classes this semester if I've already been accepted? Apparently we are supposed to maintain "an equal level of performance" to our first 3 years and I've gotten all A's (4.0 cGPA).

Not a stupid question! I would not worry about 2 B's at all. You'll be completely fine, don't even stress about it!