2020-2021 University of Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know who the head of admissions is here? Just curious bc I realized the only person I really remember is Megan but I don't know if the head actually showed up (if there is one)
It is Dr. Tissot.

Members don't see this ad.

Any WL movement by chance? 😅
Not sure if this is helpful, but we've had about 30 people leave the groupme (and 14 join) since April 14. 116 Members in it right now with one or two current students

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if this is helpful, but we've had about 30 people leave the groupme (and 14 join) since April 14. 116 Members in it right now with one or two current students

Awesome, thanks for letting me know!

Withdrew my A and scholarship today, good luck to you guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know the specifics about living in KY vs OH?

Do you get in-state tuition for M1 when you move to northern Kentucky? And can you establish residency in Ohio for M2?

Just to let people know, they started alt movement today.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Any updates on whether preclinical classes will be pass/fail?

Accepted off WL (tier 2).

Edit: I sent out a letter of interest about a week ago

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
(Future MedCat)

What my fellow matriculants are telling me is that we've had a few UC --> CWRU transplants after 30 April PTE deadline.

Not sure if this will impact WL movement, but it's worth mentioning in this forum for hope's sake.

Best of luck to you all -- and I hope to see you this summer/fall in Cincinnati ✌️

Members don't see this ad :)
Just recently accepted off the tier 2 alt list, and I’m also a bit confused about this. I’m going to email the financial aid office to help me understand since it will affect where I rent an apartment (northern KY vs OH). From looking at the registrar’s website, however, it seems to me that the only way to get in-state tuition through the KY/IN reciprocity agreements is to be a resident of certain counties in those states.

As someone who is OOS for all three (OH/IN/KY), it seems my best option is to try to establish OH residency after the first year. Does anyone know how difficult/easy this is?

Congrats!

Also OOS and called financial aid office, here is what they said:

For OOS students, the easiest way to get IS tuition is through NKY (many live in covington/newport) as you can get started 1st year right away with KY license/registration and lease. Establishing OH residency is a bit more challenging/expensive, you will need OH license/registration, lease that is one year before classes start 2022, bank records to show nobody helped with anything, own bank account (obviously). I personally lean NKY to save that extra year of tuition, and traffic isn't too bad as long as you aren't driving during rush hour (could be hard if you want to attend all lectures)

Reactions: 1 user
Any current students know if they are keeping the true p/f preclinical? 👀

Damn...got my award letter. Will probably be withdrawing unless Cincy pulls through with merit aid.

No, I didn't have any limits, just that it's cheaper to attend elsewhere for me. Most people shouldn't have any issues with federal loans. I'm just sad I have to go into 200k+ in debt lol. I come from a disadvantaged background so it's pretty daunting, even though it is about average amongst med students.

There is a cap on the federal unsubsidized loan of around 40k a year but no cap on the PLUS loan (not entirely sure so don't quote me on this). For Cincinnati, the amount of fed loan is determined by COA - EFC - scholarships - institutional loans = amount of federal loans.

can any upperclassmen speak on how necessary buying a parking pass is? trying to justify paying $900 for the pass :cryi:

can any upperclassmen speak on how necessary buying a parking pass is? trying to justify paying $900 for the pass :cryi:
Not a student here yet but went to UC for undergrad. We are given about $900 in loans specifically for parking, and Eden garage is $429 per semester. There’s also an option for Eden Top Deck which is about $300 per semester. I’d say a parking pass isn’t essential if you live in walking distance to campus. If not, I’d say it’s pretty important because you don’t want to spend a ton of time driving around campus to find parking in the mornings. I know it gets pretty busy in the morning. The other option is if you know for sure you’ll be doing online lectures, you can take a gamble when you need to be on campus and see if any day parking is available then. I know at the undergrad campus though, at certain times, the garages were too full for anyone without a permit to park there. Maybe a current student can shed even more light on this.

Thanks for the insight! Is there a reason the Eden Top Deck pass is so much cheaper? Like, besides being the top level, which is a little inconvenient, do you also run a greater risk of not being able to find an available space if you only purchase the Top Deck pass?
I assume it’s because it’s on the 8th floor which takes some time to get to, as well as weather wise, your car won’t be protected from the rain and snow. As long as you have a pass though, you’ll be able to find a spot. Some garages don’t let ppl park there that don’t have a pass at all, but some (eden is one of them i’m pretty sure) cut off the number of ppl without a pass who are allowed to park there if the spots are limited on a given day/time. This ensures that anyone who has paid for a pass gets a parking spot, top deck included.

Reactions: 1 users
Not a student here yet but went to UC for undergrad. We are given about $900 in loans specifically for parking, and Eden garage is $429 per semester. There’s also an option for Eden Top Deck which is about $300 per semester. I’d say a parking pass isn’t essential if you live in walking distance to campus. If not, I’d say it’s pretty important because you don’t want to spend a ton of time driving around campus to find parking in the mornings. I know it gets pretty busy in the morning. The other option is if you know for sure you’ll be doing online lectures, you can take a gamble when you need to be on campus and see if any day parking is available then. I know at the undergrad campus though, at certain times, the garages were too full for anyone without a permit to park there. Maybe a current student can shed even more light on this.
thank you for the insight! parking pass it is 🥲

@pizza pizza Have you heard anything else about UCCOM keeping true p/f?

Last month of this block was a bit busy so sorry for the late reply, but no not yet :(

Also, unless you don't mind trying to find parking and then walking several blocks, buy a parking pass

Also the extra $15 or whatever for the tag is worth it - it's available for a discounted price at the beginning of every semester, you can use the same one for all 4 years

Could any current students shed some insight on the requirements for being eligible for in-state tuition after your first year?

Has anybody heard about any waitlist movement recently?
not explicitly but there have been new people joining the group me every week and ppl in here posting about getting off the WL so I’d assume it’s still happening. The most recent time someone new joined the group me was last friday but can’t confirm if that was a previous WL or not