2020-2021 University of Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m praying we do fellow 3/9 interviewer!

Has anyone heard back yet? I’m dying 😩
my anxiety levels are rising. i think most people heard like after 5 or something last time haha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, it's getting close, but not time yet, lol

Started around 4ish last time...

I CANT WAIT THAT LONG. I CANT BREATHE

SOMEONE HOLD ME

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If we don’t get a call, when should we expect to get the email telling us to check the portal?

Pre-II R this am, surprised I lasted this long, best of luck to you all waiting for decisions today!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Acceptance call just now !! Let’s go yall !!! Interviewed here in 18-19. Looks like they made the better choice this time 😎

2/26 interview

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Just got the A via phone call! Interviewed 2/26!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Congrats to you both!

If I have no call at this point, is it safe to assume I'm WLed? (also 2/26, btw)

I got the call at 3:15 CST!!!! OOS, Interviewed 2/26. Damn does it feel good to get the first A of the cycle!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Will they also call if you're getting dat R? I don't want to answer all excited and them be like bye, lol.

I don’t want to wait until April 😩. I hope the 9th hears back today

Accepted about an hour ago! Interviewed 2/23, OOS

Reactions: 6 users
Acceptance call earlier!! OOS. 2/23.

Reactions: 4 users
Any predictions for the next decisions release date? Also, for those accepted today, did you send a LOI after your interview?

Any predictions for the next decisions release date? Also, for those accepted today, did you send a LOI after your interview?
Seems like the pattern is every other Monday afternoon so probably 4/12. Also, I did not send a LOI just a thank you letter

No call here, so I'm pretty sure I'm out at this point. Thanks folks, it's been fun! :)

Also I want to put on the record I did submit a LOI. 3/9 was my interview date

Are Tiers 2 and 3 alternate lists basically rejections?

Yeah, I have no idea how UCincinnati has managed to not pull a SINGLE person from their waitlist the last two years. It’s very unlikely that they exactly hit their target after some of their accepted applicants withdrew their acceptances, so maybe they accidentally overfilled the past two years? If so, I would think that they would be very cautious to not repeat that this year, which could mean a more conservative number of initial acceptances (hence their placement of some applicants on Tier 1 of their alt list this year, something they haven’t done in 5 years) and a greater amount of WL movement. Or maybe the situation is something else entirely. Who knows.
Class profiles from the last two years suggests they may have slightly over-filled compared to previous years. You'd think by the third year they would learn to compensate for this. Or maybe they're just fine with their class size growing, who knows.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 9.17.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 9.17.30 PM.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 124
Hi all,

Has anyone received Merit scholarship info today or prior?

Do we think the next time we'll hear back is April 12th? Or is it possible to hear back at an earlier date like April 5th? I only ask because April 12th is very close to the deadline of April 15th.

Kind of random, but as much as anyone is willing to share, are these scholarships big, like half tuition, 75%, or a 5,10 thousand type? Is Cincinnati very generous with aid?

Kind of random, but as much as anyone is willing to share, are these scholarships big, like half tuition, 75%, or a 5,10 thousand type? Is Cincinnati very generous with aid?
20 k a year for me and they said it was one of their largest (but that could very well just be them gassing me up lol, so take that with a grain of salt)