2016-2017 University of Chicago (Pritzker) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted by phone/email with 180k scholarship! 99% chance will matriculate!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats!! Have you sent any updates?

Members don't see this ad.

just got accepted with a 140k scholarship!!! still can't believe it omg

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Off-topic, but were you also accepted to Columbia's PhD-to-MD program? I ask because I'm on their waitlist (hint, hint).

Nope sorry, I got a straight rejection from Columbia phd to md....Good luck with that waitlist though, that program seemed great!

Reactions: 1 user
does everyone that get continued stay on the waitlist?

I just got the waitlist email and I'm wondering this as well...

Reactions: 1 user
does everyone that get continued stay on the waitlist?

I think so. Not 100% sure about that though. I also don't know how many students stay on the waitlist since you have to accept the spot. Either way, I am not too hopeful at this point for any movement.

I think so. Not 100% sure about that though. I also don't know how many students stay on the waitlist since you have to accept the spot. Either way, I am not too hopeful at this point for any movement.

Yeah, since the class is so small and people were already accepted in the last couple days. Oh well haha

What do you mean you have to "accept the spot"?

They ask you to please reply if you are still interested in being on the list

Oh alright gotcha. I was thinking you meant you have to accept the offer of acceptance if you agree to still be on the wait list, was thinking that sounds strange... :)

Waitlisted as well. They word it like they only ask some continued applicants to be waitlisted, but I'm guessing they just do it that way to make you feel better haha

Reactions: 4 users
"The Admissions Committee has completed a review of all continued applicants who have not yet been offered acceptance to the Pritzker School of Medicine for the entering class of 2017. As a result of this review, the Committee has selected a group of individuals whom it wishes to consider for membership in the entering class as positions become available."

That totally sounds like they only selected a subsection of continued applicants..glad to be in it either way

"The Admissions Committee has completed a review of all continued applicants who have not yet been offered acceptance to the Pritzker School of Medicine for the entering class of 2017. As a result of this review, the Committee has selected a group of individuals whom it wishes to consider for membership in the entering class as positions become available."

That totally sounds like they only selected a subsection of continued applicants..glad to be in it either way

If it was only a subselection, I'm sure at least one of us would have not been offered a waitlist. Since so far everyone has, I think it's safe to assume that most of us were offered a waitlist position.

Does the AAMC have any rules about joining a wait list if I'm already holding an acceptance?

Does the AAMC have any rules about joining a wait list if I'm already holding an acceptance?
You can hold waitlist spots. You just can't hold on to more than one acceptance a certain amount of time after the second school offers an acceptance to you.

If it was only a subselection, I'm sure at least one of us would have not been offered a waitlist. Since so far everyone has, I think it's safe to assume that most of us were offered a waitlist position.

SDN only represents a small handful of applicants though, and those that responded in this forum an even smaller handful