2016-2017 University of Chicago (Pritzker) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
no continued email here. is that good news or does it mean waitlist? I'm still unclear about the distinction between the two

I'd say probably good news. I just got the continued email and I'd imagine if you haven't then you should be getting call.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
no continued email here. is that good news or does it mean waitlist? i'm still unclear about the distinction between the two
From the email they just sent, being continued at this point is the equivalent of the waitlist. You could be accepted at any point beyond this. In the end of May, they'll send out invitations to continued applicants to join their waitlist (which doesn't exist yet).

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who got the continued email, did your status on the portal change too?

No continued email for me, but I've already been continued twice. I can sense a rejection coming..

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Hold on tight people! The anxiety ride is getting to its worst part

Do they reject at this stage post-II?

Members don't see this ad :)
did you get a continued email before that?

No, I interviewed after the October decision date, so the acceptance in December was my first post-interview decision from Pritzker.

One thing that's important to note is I don't think they send the continuations out all at once, which is dumb. I wish they'd just send those all out at the beginning of the day so that the silence would be a good sign

No, I interviewed after the October decision date, so the acceptance in December was my first post-interview decision from Pritzker.
I did not know they called that late. You said 9 PM CST right? Crazy, I wonder if they just send continued decisions in batches.

I was continued twice as well. Not optimistic given I haven't heard anything today. Getting rejected would be depressing, I thought the interview went relatively well.

Agreed. Although maybe there's some honor in getting continued three times in a row... it might be as statistically unlikely as getting an acceptance

It seems no one else has received late calls. Perhaps we're all waiting on more continued emails :(

It seems no one else has received late calls. Perhaps we're all waiting on more continued emails :(

why do you guys think some people received emails earlier in the day and some later?

Last edited:
Anyone else still not hear anything?

Reactions: 6 users
latest

Reactions: 3 users
What is going on, man?

If you were previously continued, why would they need to send an update that you are still continued? Isn't it safe to assume that there is no change in your status form last time?

Updating here that a friend who was originally continued has now been accepted! :love:

Unsure whether friend did anything (letters, updates, etc.) to get accepted this wave.

Reactions: 2 users
If you were previously continued, why would they need to send an update that you are still continued? Isn't it safe to assume that there is no change in your status form last time?

I was under the impression that they let you know on each decision day what your status is.

Is there anyone else here who has been notified more than once of being continued?

For those of us that were continued in October, we got an email again in December to say we were still continued so I think it would be reasonable to assume they'd do the same this time around.

I was under the impression that they let you know on each decision day what your status is.

Is there anyone else here who has been notified more than once of being continued?

Yep, continued on both other decision dates so far. Both emails I got for those continuations were earlier than the current time. Latest on I got (first decision date) was 6:40 PM EST

I guess they figured we don't need an update if we were previously continued...

I guess they figured we don't need an update if we were previously continued...

I think I recall from my interview (this was 6.5 months ago so I could be wrong) them telling us that we'd get an email on each decision date. I'm more inclined to think we'll hear something in the next day or so than that they just decided to leave us hanging.

The ultimate bait and switch. Making me think I'm in decent shape not getting a continued email today, only to get one tomorrow lol.

Did anyone who was continued on both previous decision dates also get continued today? If not I'm guessing the silence means waitlist.

The ultimate bait and switch. Making me think I'm in decent shape not getting a continued email today, only to get one tomorrow lol.

Did anyone who was continued on both previous decision dates also get continued today? If not I'm guessing the silence means waitlist.

Looks like someone got in off the continued list re: above

Reactions: 1 users
From the December continue email:

Applicants from the pool of continued candidates may receive a final decision on our third acceptance date for the cycle (March 1) or at any point thereafter.

So.... ripperoni.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed many months ago and have not yet heard a single thing, no emails whatsoever.

Continued again, why not waiting list?

Waitlist is only formed from a select group of everyone that gets continued. The wait list is formed in May, so basically everyone gets continued right now.

At this point, you made it to the continued list because you were a really strong applicant. You will then be invited to the waitlist if not accepted by May. People only got rejected in the earlier phases, now you are just continued.