2021-2022 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted and good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back from this school and others!! I was recently accepted here and was wondering if there is a facebook group or groupme for accepted students?
When did you interview and hear back you were accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Is thank you letter mandatory? Does it affect my chance of an A? I didn't have time to talk deeper with any of my interviewers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is thank you letter mandatory? Does it affect my chance of an A? I didn't have time to talk deeper with any of my interviewers.
Thank you letters are more of a respectful or appreciative gesture. They're absolutely not required and have little to no influence on decisions.

Thank you letters are more of a respectful or appreciative gesture. They're absolutely not required and have little to no influence on decisions.
Thank you for answering! I do want to show them I appreciate their time, but is it bad if it too generic?

Thank you for answering! I do want to show them I appreciate their time, but is it bad if it too generic?
Generic is fine. There are plenty of templates floating around.

I would email it to Rowe, since he told my group to respect our inervewers' privacy if they didn't give you a point of contact.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have a link to their 2022 match list?
This has through 2021. I was personally really enthused by the matches for my planned specialty.

Members don't see this ad :)
This has through 2021. I was personally really enthused by the matches for my planned specialty.

What is your planned specialty?

Neurology.
The matched 7 from the class of 2022

University of Texas Southwestern Medical School TX
University of Virginia VA
University of Colorado School of Medicine CO
UCLA Medical Center CA
Loyola University Medical Center IL
Rush University Medical Center IL
University of Illinois School of Medicine – Chicago IL

Reactions: 1 users
Zachary had mentioned that we might hear something this week, but most likely not. I'm really hoping

Zachary had mentioned that we might hear something this week, but most likely not. I'm really hoping
Regarding the waitlist or interview decisions?

The matched 7 from the class of 2022

University of Texas Southwestern Medical School TX
University of Virginia VA
University of Colorado School of Medicine CO
UCLA Medical Center CA
Loyola University Medical Center IL
Rush University Medical Center IL
University of Illinois School of Medicine – Chicago IL
Can you share the full list?

Accepted of of waitlist today, Alternate list on 1/10/22

Reactions: 6 users
Just got accepted off of the Waitlist an hour ago. Interviewed early September, waitlisted November. Cannot believe this is real. I hope this is not a mistake

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Wow, WL movement starting early this year. Congratulations guys!

Reactions: 2 users
WL today, Mar 1 interview.
No A’s so far. 4 IIs, 4WLs.
Cmon Zachary, come through 😢

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats guys! I hope the waitlist movement isn’t done yet and they give out some more As

Sorry I'm sure someone has asked, but do they accept letters of intent?

Just got an A off the waitlist--will be turning it down so godspeed to whoever gets it next :)
(btw my superhero question was completely silly and tongue-in-cheek and they still let me in, I know there has been a lot of discussion on that topic haha)

Reactions: 5 users
Just got an A off the waitlist--will be turning it down so godspeed to whoever gets it next :)
(btw my superhero question was completely silly and tongue-in-cheek and they still let me in, I know there has been a lot of discussion on that topic haha)
congrats and thank you for turning it down lol!
when did you interview/when did you get wl if you dont mind me asking :)

Congratulations !!!! I know you didn’t accept, but I have the same question at the person above 😂

does anyone know how rfu selects people off the WL to accept? wondering if i have a chance since i was recently WL-ed

Apologies if this has been asked already, but does RFU reject people from the waitlist as they go, or do those that don't make the cut get one mass rejection once the 2022 academic year starts and all seats are officially filled?

does anyone know how rfu selects people off the WL to accept? wondering if i have a chance since i was recently WL-ed
I've seen a lot of people already get accepted off the WL. I'm really hoping it continues..... but for the most part it looks like we might actually have a shot compared to some schools and their WL

I've seen a lot of people already get accepted off the WL. I'm really hoping it continues..... but for the most part it looks like we might actually have a shot compared to some schools and their WL
aw i reallllly hope so :( im preparing for reapplication just in case but this cycle has been rough. best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users