2021-2022 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will be withdrawing from the WL. Good luck to those still waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can any M3s or M4s comment on how the clinical rotations work? Do they assign us to the sites or how do we get placed to them? Do we have to set up anything on our own?

Reactions: 1 users
Any current students know of any housing options within walking distance of the school that aren't part of RFU housing? Hoping I won't have to buy a car just yet to go to class

Ummmmm I just got an interview for the alternate list???????

And I got an email about a PTE date. I was unaware of RFU having a PTE date. No matter for me, but interesting

Ummmmm I just got an interview for the alternate list???????
Wait whatttt? Just to clarify are you already on the AL and they gave you an interview? Or you’re not on the AL and they’re giving you a chance to join with the interview? And what does this mean for us poor souls still sitting on the AL lol pain :’)

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait whatttt? Just to clarify are you already on the AL and they gave you an interview? Or you’re not on the AL and they’re giving you a chance to join with the interview? And what does this mean for us poor souls still sitting on the AL lol pain :’)
Sorry should have put more info in my original post lmao was just so shocked! I have not interviewed already -- this is the. first thing I have heard since I submitted the secondary in July 2021. I'll attach a screenshot of what the email said.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 7.54.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 7.54.48 PM.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 285
Reactions: 1 user
Sorry should have put more info in my original post lmao was just so shocked! I have not interviewed already -- this is the. first thing I have heard since I submitted the secondary in July 2021. I'll attach a screenshot of what the email said.
Omg well congrats and good luck on the interview if you go through with it!!

I feel like this doesn’t bode well for me / anyone currently on the AL if they’re looking for additional candidates :( *cries*

I feel like this doesn’t bode well for me / anyone currently on the AL if they’re looking for additional candidates :( *cries*
Please don't cry. This only means they are nervous about their yield and the current size of their WL, so they are bulking it up. Just check out the Hackensack thread. People on that WL had the same concern a few weeks ago when people started reporting very late IIs. Those same people recently reported receiving As.

• Care
I also got an interview for the AL, very unexpected at this point in the cycle

Also got an invitation to interveiw for AL … not sure if im gonna do it but part of me is like well why not. Already PTE for another institution though lol

Thank you! To be fair -- they must have liked you a lot to interview for an actual spot instead of the alternate list lol! And I just peeked through previous years threads and it looks like they take people from the alternate list super duper late into the cycle, even later than it is now. There's always the possibility that I don't even make it onto the alternate list lol! Good luck everybody, hope we all make it thru!

GOT THE A!!!!!! Interviewed all the way back in September and waitlisted 12/10. OOS.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if we can withdraw an acceptance from the portal or does it have to be by email?

A from waitlist yesterday, absolutely surreal! I’m so excited and grateful. Interviewed January, waitlisted February.

Reactions: 5 users
GOT THE A!!!!!! Interviewed all the way back in September and waitlisted 12/10. OOS.

Wow! You must be in 7th heaven getting the most coveted "A" after a looooooooong and stressful wait.
CONGRTULATIONS!!! :claps::soexcited::biglove:
What were your stats?
Message for all those on WL: sit tight! good news can still arrive in the inbox.

Last edited:
Wow! You must be in 7th heaven getting the most coveted "A" after a looooooooong and stressful wait.
CONGRTULATIONS!!! :claps::soexcited::biglove:
What were your stats?
Message for all those on WL: sit tight! good news can still arrive in the inbox.
Yeah I feel great, though 9 months of waiting is ridiculous; can we all agree this process needs to be quicker? Whether it's a rejection or acceptance there is no excuse for an application cycle to continue into NEXT YEAR'S application cycle.

514, 3.67

Yeah I feel great, though 9 months of waiting is ridiculous; can we all agree this process needs to be quicker? Whether it's a rejection or acceptance there is no excuse for an application cycle to continue into NEXT YEAR'S application cycle.

514, 3.67
Agree 100%, but how can that change be possible...for the good of the future premeds? A petition or something?

Agree 100%, but how can that change be possible...for the good of the future premeds? A petition or something?
A good start is making sure you accurately fill out the M1 survey AAMC sends out, I put a paragraph about how the process perpetuates anxiety and how I wish they would have an earlier, universal CTE date.

Break the cycle of not caring once you make it and when some of us end up on admissions committees to remember the struggle and try to make it easier for the next gen. This same mentality would benefit residents a lot if physicians actually turned around to make things better for those who follow them rather than feeling like if they survived, so would everyone else.

Break the cycle of not caring once you make it and when some of us end up on admissions committees to remember the struggle and try to make it easier for the next gen. This same mentality would benefit residents a lot if physicians actually turned around to make things better for those who follow them rather than feeling like if they survived, so would everyone else.
I agree. That's a noble and necessary approach. Well said!

just withdrew my acceptance!!!! GOOD LUCK TO WHOEVER GETS THIS SEAT!

Last edited by a moderator:
I withdrew my A as well, I wish all the best to the person who gets it.

Just got placed on the AL from a really late II, but not sure how much that means rn

anyone else straight up shocked just looking at how low the living expenses alotted are to students at some of these schools? For example RFU's is $21,000 for the entire year... how on earth is someone supposed to make ends meet when housing only is $17,000 easy with how wild inflation is. then you need to worry about car insurance (you definitely need a car in RFUs area), gas, health insurance, clothing, etc etc. like 21,000 is criminally low right??

For reference on RFU's website a 1 bedroom on campus apartment is $18,500.... u can barely eat without hitting 21k from that

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone else straight up shocked just looking at how low the living expenses alotted are to students at some of these schools? For example RFU's is $21,000 for the entire year... how on earth is someone supposed to make ends meet when housing only is $17,000 easy with how wild inflation is. then you need to worry about car insurance (you definitely need a car in RFUs area), gas, health insurance, clothing, etc etc. like 21,000 is criminally low right??

For reference on RFU's website a 1 bedroom on campus apartment is $18,500.... u can barely eat without hitting 21k from that
Yeah it's not great. On one hand, you only need 9 months of rent because summer break is a thing. On the other hand, summer isn't 3 months (I think) and shorter leases cost more per month. The Woodlands have a great rate but anything else probably requires roommates/housemates.

Last edited:
Just got placed on the AL from a really late II, but not sure how much that means rn
Dr. Ellison told us that CMS has historically accepted students up until the very end of the cycle (as in the day before classes begin).

Yeah it's not great. On one hand, you only need 9 months of rent because summer break is a thing. On the other hand, summer isn't 3 months (I think) and shorter leases cost more per month. The Woodlands have a great rate but anything else probably requires roommates/housemates.
good point but you still need a place to live during the summer as well. unless you move back in with your parents which I feel like a lot don't do

good point but you still need a place to live during the summer as well. unless you move back in with your parents which I feel like a lot don't do
This^^^^. Plus, like you said, shorter leases cost more (probably so that the 9 months = 12 in terms of total rent paid). What landlord is going to eat 3 months' rent to help out a struggling med student?

You can ask for a rent increase in loans for housing and they will give it to you.

You can ask for a rent increase in loans for housing and they will give it to you.
Thanks for the heads up! Sent them an email.

Somewhat related: Is anybody else having difficulties getting in touch with RFU staff via email? My RFU email can't receive/send and nobody (IT, financial aid, student wellness, CMS ambassador) has replied to emails sent from my undergrad university email (except Zach).

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up! Sent them an email.

Somewhat related: Is anybody else having difficulties getting in touch with RFU staff via email? My RFU email can't receive/send and nobody (IT, financial aid, student wellness, CMS ambassador) has replied to emails sent from my undergrad university email (except Zach).
I’ve noticed they’re pretty responsive if you call/leave a voicemail. As for the email not working, are you trying to use it via the gmail client? If you try importing it into another client like outlook or Apple Mail it doesn’t work.

I’ve noticed they’re pretty responsive if you call/leave a voicemail. As for the email not working, are you trying to use it via the gmail client? If you try importing it into another client like outlook or Apple Mail it doesn’t work.
Thanks! Both tips worked.

Last edited:
Has anyone attending gotten information on scholarships?

Nothing on my end. There are some RFU ones one can apply for once we matriculate
Are those need based? I got some scholarship money when I checked on my FA portal, but no communication specifically about the scholarship. Wondering if its 1. Real/mistake 2. If its renewable yearly

Are those need based? I got some scholarship money when I checked on my FA portal, but no communication specifically about the scholarship. Wondering if its 1. Real/mistake 2. If its renewable yearly
That I do not know

Hi! Has anyone who received the super late II for the alternate list (I believe the interview dates were 6/21 and 6/23) gotten off of it yet?