2016-2017 Northwestern University (Feinberg) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II !!! I sent them an update today regarding my activities and 3 hours later I got am II. 70 LizzyM complete Aug 1
Congrats!! What dates were you offered?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!! What dates were you offered?

The dates that were available (at first) were Jan 6, a couple more in mid-Jan, Jan 25 and Feb 1. The mid-Jan dates were gone when I logged in a few hours later, so others probably got an II at the same time I did, then the Jan 6 date went after that. So I got the Jan 25 date.

I believe the portal says that interviews go until mid-Feb, so there are a few more dates available for sure.

Reactions: 1 user
any lower stat people get accepted after II (instead of being deferred)? I am wondering if only high stat people get accepted initially?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the interview week of Dec 12-16th heard back yet? I'm super nervous we are going to have to wait an extra two weeks because of the holiday!

you think we will hear back today?

Do they send only Acceptances through snail mail?

Or do they send Delayed Decision messages through snail mail also?

Do they send only Acceptances through snail mail?

Or do they send Delayed Decision messages through snail mail also?

i was delayed by email, unfortunately :( i think acceptance is a combination of early snail mail plus later update on the portal/notification by email

i was delayed by email, unfortunately :( i think acceptance is a combination of early snail mail plus later update on the portal/notification by email

For acceptance first there was a portal status change. Then I received a letter in the mail. Then I received an email congratulating on acceptance and saying that I should have already received a letter in the mail

Reactions: 1 users
For acceptance first there was a portal status change. Then I received a letter in the mail. Then I received an email congratulating on acceptance and saying that I should have already received a letter in the mail

Do the portal status changes happen on mondays only?

praying for an II from here. hope slipping by the day :(

Reactions: 5 users
Another person heard back at 8 PM Est. Sooo maybe still today? :D

Idk why i am so excited to hear back from this school. I totally screwed up the interview lol.
I feel the same way about my interview.. The questions and topics discussed were just so random

Any news on this front? Complete August 9th and silence... or is it potentially a silent rejection at this point?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news on this front? Complete August 9th and silence... or is it potentially a silent rejection at this point?

received an II recently after many months of silence. from what i understand there are still several weeks to go as well so don't fret just yet!

Reactions: 2 users
received an II recently after many months of silence. from what i understand there are still several weeks to go as well so don't fret just yet!

Sounds like there's still hope!!! congrats on your interview!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Out of curiosity, does the Feinberg MSTP interview have a panel discussion with multiple applicants like the regular MD interview does? I'm interviewing for this soon and it seems like it does based on the schedule, but I'm not 100% sure because I thought the MSTP interview was a separate process. Sorry if this has already been discussed in this thread, but I read back through the last few pages and haven't seen anything on it. I'd just like to know in advance b/c I've never done that kind of interview before.

To those who have interviewed and heard back:

How long after your interview did it take before you heard anything? I interviewed in the first few days of this month.

How long after your interview did it take before you heard anything? I interviewed in the first few days of this month.

3 weeks

From this thread, there doesn't seem to be a consensus in terms of how you get your acceptance. It could be a portal update, e-mail or snail mail. So check all three.

I interviewed middle of December and I am still waiting for my decision via e-mail/snail mail

Deferred till March -_-

Interviewed mid-december

Does anyone know what % of people get accepted right away and what % in March time?

Last edited:
Deferred till March -_-

Interviewed mid-december

Does anyone know what % of people get accepted right away and what % in March time?

same here :( supposedly, 50% of the incoming class gets admitted after deferral. 25% gets accepted initially

according to us news, 727 ppl are interviewed, 543 are accepted, and 164 students enrolled, which means there is a 74% post-interview acceptance rate. what i have heard from previous forums is that after receiving an interview, 25% of the ppl accepted (25% of 543) are given an offer within 2-3 weeks of their interview and the rest of the admits (75% of 543) are admitted in March (which includes I assume deferrals)

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an II after being complete way back at the beginning of the cycle. Is the acceptance rate for people that interview this late in the cycle significantly lower? Are we basically interviewing for waitlist spots or is the same high chance of acceptance (~ 75%) applicable? Top choice school so extremely excited!!

Reactions: 3 users
Omg I just got an acceptance email!!! I haven't received the letter mentioned in the email yet so I hope this is real?? I accepted on the portal so they can't take it back right??

Reactions: 4 users
Omg I just got an acceptance email!!! I haven't received the letter mentioned in the email yet so I hope this is real?? I accepted on the portal so they can't take it back right??

When did you interview?

Just got an II after being complete way back at the beginning of the cycle. Is the acceptance rate for people that interview this late in the cycle significantly lower? Are we basically interviewing for waitlist spots or is the same high chance of acceptance (~ 75%) applicable? Top choice school so extremely excited!!

Not sure! I would imagine that you would be consider for acceptance b/c you'd be wasting time and resources flying back and forth. Additionally, maybe ppl are deferred so I would imagine they will deny some of those ppl eventually.

Any pre II rejections here?

Does anyone have thoughts on the four year MD/MPH program? I've wanted to do an MPH for a while, but I also recognize that I'd be doing it for personal interest more so than for any added value in terms of future career goals (like I feel like you can do anything want with just an MD, without the MPH) and I'm not sure how much harder it will be to do the extra MPH classes on top of the MD curriculum?

Does anyone have thoughts on the four year MD/MPH program? I've wanted to do an MPH for a while, but I also recognize that I'd be doing it for personal interest more so than for any added value in terms of future career goals (like I feel like you can do anything want with just an MD, without the MPH) and I'm not sure how much harder it will be to do the extra MPH classes on top of the MD curriculum?

The students who I met on the interview day said that the MPH classes were relatively easy compared to the MD classes, so they were a nice break. The classes are 1 day a week for 3-4 hours for the first two years. If you do the 4 year option, the total extra cost is only 33,000 (about a 1/3 of the regular cost). If you do the 5 year program it is half the cost of the normal MPH program.

Just received and email pre-rejecting a II and I did not submit a secondary

Rejected pre-II. Best of luck to everybody still in the running.