2016-2017 Mayo Medical School (MN) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I JUST GOT lunch

he he

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Next years cycle is going to look at this thread and think what we're these people on.

Reactions: 3 users
"Friday evening (I think it was around 7pm-ish)"

I think we have some time left in the day. ;)

Right, but based off Wendy's (lack of) information and @UNMedGa 's info that they "were currently deliberating and might start accepting next week."

Right, but based off Wendy's (lack of) information and @UNMedGa 's info that they "were currently deliberating and might start accepting next week."
Keyword might. They also "might" send some out today. :heckyeah:

I JUST GOT lunch

he he

f29.png

Yeah that's what she told me. She basically said they should start offering acceptances next week or so - also said they'd likely fill the class by the end of February.

Reactions: 1 user
I have heard of a call!!!!! This is not a drill!!!! (edit: false alarm it was a drill)
:boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I have heard of a call!!!!! This is not a drill!!!!
:boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Credible source?

Members don't see this ad :)
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Credible source?
I have a friend who interviewed, and he has a friend who interviewed the same day who got the call. He is going to get me some more details when he can.

Reactions: 3 users
I have a friend who interviewed, and he has a friend who interviewed the same day who got the call. He is going to get me some more details when he can.
you and I both interviewed really early, maybe we're up later today

GAAAAAHHHH it was a prank!!! :diebanana: Darn it all. In my friends words "Feel free to never believe me again." My dreams have been dashed.

GAAAAAHHHH it was a prank!!! :diebanana: Darn it all. In my friends words "Feel free to never believe me again."
you may have just become the most hated person on SDN haha

Reactions: 1 users
GAAAAAHHHH it was a prank!!! :diebanana: Darn it all. In my friends words "Feel free to never believe me again."

So you're thinning the herd by giving people heart attacks? Be wary of the gunner :laugh:

In all seriousness, rooting for everybody here :)

Reactions: 2 users
So you're thinning the herd by giving people heart attacks? Be wary of the gunner :laugh:

In all seriousness, rooting for everybody here :)
Lol not intentionally. I was a victim.

Last edited:
Lol not intentionally. My friend got pranked.

Haha I'm sure you didn't mean it. I'm not even invested in MN campus since I was rejected pre-II back in December, but I do miss a unified Mayo thread, so I occasionally pop in.

Haha I'm sure you didn't mean it. I'm not even invested in MN campus since I was rejected pre-II back in December, but I do miss a unified Mayo thread, so I occasionally pop in.
I do that with the AZ campus too.

I have a message for this "friend"...
upload_2017-2-3_14-53-35.png

Reactions: 9 users
I've barely left, and I already need to be back. Love me, Mayo!

I don't think calls will be going out today. Not holding my breath. Hoping for next week!

Hi all!

Got rejected back in August. Just wanted to say goodluck to everyone next week (or whenever Mayo announces!) Whether you get accepted or rejected you'll remember it forever.

I want to tell a little story. My father, a physician, immigrated here from another country. Getting a residency here was very difficult for him but he interviewed at Mayo Clinic and fell in love. It was just the perfect institution-- it was warm (in spirit) and welcoming, it was more intellectual than any other, and it had an aura of what my dad thought American Medicine would be like and substantiated every reason why he immigrated here. When I told him I was was planning to apply to Mayo Clinic in Rochestor he was so excited. Giddy, like a child. Months later when they ultimately rejected me pre-II but post LoR-request the smile dropped from his face and he said sternly, "What? Ugh those bastards rejected me too." Like father, like son, they say.

Remember, regardless of outcome, you'll end up where you're supposed to be. And if you get rejected you can look forward to bonding with your son/daughter being rejected in 30 years too!

Good luck!

Reactions: 15 users
Anyone know if they tell us about scholarships at the time of acceptance?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone know if they tell us about scholarships at the time of acceptance?

The email they sent about finaid said "Mayo Clinic would like to make scholarship awards in concert with the appointment notification process." So I assume so or soon after.

The chances mayo accepts some people on a Monday? Historically pretty low, right? #desperationtho

I think so. Was hoping I was wrong about that, but you're right :/

Trueeee but they've also always been rolling before this year! So now that they're releasing all decisions at once, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll release decisions day by day over the entire week!

The chances mayo accepts some people on a Monday? Historically pretty low, right? #desperationtho
Normally they are doing interviews today, but now that they don't have anymore interviews they could use that time for phone calls. My guess is they come out Monday, Wednesday, or Fridays.

Normally they are doing interviews today, but now that they don't have anymore interviews they could use that time for phone calls. My guess is they come out Monday, Wednesday, or Fridays.

I think it will be these days or Tuesday or Thursday. :laugh:

Trueeee but they've also always been rolling before this year! So now that they're releasing all decisions at once, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll release decisions day by day over the entire week!

Trust me, releasing decisions over a week is the worst feeling
Once the first acceptance gets posted on sdn, you won't put your phone down for the rest of the week

Sent from my Redmi Pro using SDN mobile

Trust me, releasing decisions over a week is the worst feeling
Once the first acceptance gets posted on sdn, you won't put your phone down for the rest of the week

Sent from my Redmi Pro using SDN mobile

Totally true. Felt it during other schools' releases and it suckeddddd. I'm just so ready to find out Mayo's decisions that I'm willing to go through the torture again lol

I have a really sinking feeling right now. I've been waitlisted literally everywhere except one place. I'm now convinced I'm a terrible interviewer and that means Mayo isn't going to accept me either