2015-2016 Texas A&M Health Science Center Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@texaspremed44

Did you prod them about invites? :)

Members don't see this ad.

@texaspremed44

Did you prod them about invites? :)

No, I definitely should have though ): I'm going to finish up the secondaries in my inbox and then start prodding my schools about when invites will be sent :happy: Here's hoping it will be soon!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the II's everyone, I think you're going to love interview day! Aside from the rare, tough interviews, the entire interview day & 2 interviews are really laid back and chill. They really welcome everyone and want you to be there. Side note, friendly reminder for everyone to complete A&M's secondary, YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE INVITED TO DO SO, don't make the mistake of some in the past waiting to receive a secondary invite!

Congratulations!!! Would you mind sharing stats?

LizzyM=71

Sent in my secondary in late May and was under review a day or so after. The interview was set for the day before UTMB, but they are very accommodating with the interview schedule.

Last edited:
So i submitted secondary 6/15, and have a LizzyM of 71. Really hoping that I'm just a little ways down the stack...

Still waiting on going from pending to under review and it's now been 6 weeks, have interviews at other tmdsas schools, think it's time to give them a call?

SO apparently last year they had some issues similar to this, I think it couldn't hurt to call. Does it tell you what you are missing? mine went straight to under review after I submitted, before they even got my committee letter so I'm not sure what the pending status means vs under review it could be similar to last year's issues, you could give the thread a look and see if it is

Still waiting on going from pending to under review and it's now been 6 weeks, have interviews at other tmdsas schools, think it's time to give them a call?
So to answer my question, I did go ahead and call them and they did have all my stuff but for some reason wasn't put under review, they were more than willing to put it under review, so if anyone runs into that problem it is best to call, but I'd give it a couple weeks and not expect it to be under review right away after submitting.

II this morning. Transmitted 05/19. Secondary submitted 06/01 and under review status few days later.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning. Transmitted 05/19. Secondary submitted 06/01 and under review status few days later.

Congrats! What are your stats if you don't mind?

II just now! I can't believe it. OOS. Secondary submitted June 1.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone who submitted around June 15th get an II by any chance

Wow, can I panic yet? I was transmitted in early May and submitted my secondary on May 5th. LizzyM 69.

Congrats to everyone who got interviews!!

Wow, can I panic yet? I was transmitted in early May and submitted my secondary on May 5th. LizzyM 69.

Don't panic @Chlorini! At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself. I didn't get one and I think we submitted the same day. We have to believe that our time will come, and there is nothing we can control right now other than our patience.

@SweetCaroline7 I know...but still. I rushed to send in everything early so I could **hopefully** get interviews sooner. It makes me think something is wrong with one of my essays.

@Chlorini, I totally get that (because you pretty much wrote down the words I've been thinking, lol). I worked hard to have everything in SO early and here I am, waiting :) I am starting to wonder the same thing or if there's something wrong with one of my letters. BUT I have to believe that we are not out of the running yet. Our credentials seem sufficient for at least an interview, and hopefully our time comes (sooner rather than later would be great, though :) ).

@SweetCaroline7 Yup! Surely we'll hear something sooner or later. If not maybe I'll see you in Florida...haha

Starting to worry as well, secondary submitted 5/26.
IS LizzyM 74

Reactions: 1 users
Guys,

There is like 95% of the interviewing season remaining. No need to panic yet.

Reactions: 3 users
Working on the secondary. For the first question, would it be a bad idea to mention how I visited a country in the middle east and this caused any uneasiness about that part of the world to go away as they are still people even though the very small minority of them give them a bad rep?

Working on the secondary. For the first question, would it be a bad idea to mention how I visited a country in the middle east and this caused any uneasiness about that part of the world to go away as they are still people even though the very small minority of them give them a bad rep?

Sounds good to me. That would be interesting.

Really hoping for an interview here sometime as well.

Sounds great to me.

Nope, you don't get to panic at all. Last year, they had interviews into January, invites into December, and I was one of them. Result? Accepted from the waiting list! I move next weekend! Stay calm, guys. This is a lonnnnng process.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
For the "areas of medicine" question, are they looking for specialties or actual areas like underserved, rural, urban, etc.

Is there anyone else who isn't able to pay the secondary application fee? I submitted everything but the website isn't letting me add the $60 to my cart when I go to try to pay the fee.

Is there anyone else who isn't able to pay the secondary application fee? I submitted everything but the website isn't letting me add the $60 to my cart when I go to try to pay the fee.
Me too. Gonna wait till Monday and if it still doesn't work I was gonna call.

I wasn't even thinking about worrying about not receiving an II yet until I patrolled this forum..

Reactions: 1 users
For the "areas of medicine" question, are they looking for specialties or actual areas like underserved, rural, urban, etc.
I talked about specialities I was interested in and I gave a sentence about each explaining why. If they wanted "underserved, rural, etc" I think they would have asked where or whom are you interested in treating :)

Please nobody panic yet. I got the e-mail for an interview in like October, interviewed in December, and got accepted 5 days later. For certain had a lower GPA than everyone here. Every year the newest crop of incoming M1's gets antsier and antsier. Going into my M2 year now - we can ALL panic when we're weeks away from taking Step 1.

Believe in your application. Believe in yourself. And if it doesn't happen this year? Be like a good future doc and keep trying anyway.

Reactions: 2 users
What did you guys put for "Describe any circumstances indicative of some hardship..."? I have no idea .. is it bad to just say "not applicable" ?

Please nobody panic yet. I got the e-mail for an interview in like October, interviewed in December, and got accepted 5 days later. For certain had a lower GPA than everyone here. Every year the newest crop of incoming M1's gets antsier and antsier. Going into my M2 year now - we can ALL panic when we're weeks away from taking Step 1.

Believe in your application. Believe in yourself. And if it doesn't happen this year? Be like a good future doc and keep trying anyway.

Do you remember by any chance when your application was complete? (i.e. secondary, submission fee and all)
Also, thank you for the encouraging words :) They really mean allot.

What did you guys put for "Describe any circumstances indicative of some hardship..."? I have no idea .. is it bad to just say "not applicable" ?

You don't need to answer the prompt if you don't have any hardship experience. Each of the prompt does not apply to everyone. You just need to answer the ones that applie to you and put N/A for the ones that doesn't.

You don't need to answer the prompt if you don't have any hardship experience. Each of the prompt does not apply to everyone. You just need to answer the ones that applie to you and put N/A for the ones that doesn't.

OK, but they are just asking for significant disadvantages (educational, medical, financial, etc.) , correct?

Do you remember by any chance when your application was complete? (i.e. secondary, submission fee and all)
Also, thank you for the encouraging words :) They really mean allot.

I believe I completed my entire application by July 1st. I was an out-of-state applicant who assumed everything ran like AMCAS, so big surprise to me when I found out the TMDSAS app opened in May!

Feel free to PM me with application questions or questions about A&M! Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
I believe I completed my entire application by July 1st. I was an out-of-state applicant who assumed everything ran like AMCAS, so big surprise to me when I found out the TMDSAS app opened in May!

Feel free to PM me with application questions or questions about A&M! Good luck to everyone!
:S you didn't complete your application super late though - is it normal to not get interviews until December if the app was completed around 7/1?