2015-2016 Texas A&M Health Science Center Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, my TMDSAS was transmitted on 5/19. Had to wait a couple of weeks for transcripts and the committee packet. My status went under review before my packet went through, which I thought was very strange.

It must have just been a default status change, because they definitely have not been staring at the same early apps for a month.

Members don't see this ad.

Help I'm confused. Sorry if this has been asked before but if I just submitted my secondary and it says i have my secondary and fee but nothing for MCAT and Primary is that bad? My primary was transmitted on 5/29

Help I'm confused. Sorry if this has been asked before but if I just submitted my secondary and it says i have my secondary and fee but nothing for MCAT and Primary is that bad? My primary was transmitted on 5/29

It took a couple of days for all the boxes to be checked when I sent in my secondary. Patience :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm 5/27 and still don't have it either. So you're not the only one.

Well, my TMDSAS was transmitted on 5/19. Had to wait a couple of weeks for transcripts and the committee packet. My status went under review before my packet went through, which I thought was very strange.

Same with me. It's probably the committee letter.
I also submitted around the same time you did.

Reactions: 1 user
you guys might wanna email them they don't have my committee letter yet but I'm under review.

Same with me. It's probably the committee letter.
I also submitted around the same time you did.

I am also in the same situation. My committee letter has not yet been delivered and I am under review.

I guess once the committee letter is sent to TMDAS it is safe to assume that all schools will then receive it? I got a confirmation email about my application being under review from San Antonio and UTMB. All of the others were confirmation of completing secondaries.

Last edited:
Applying from out of state!

they sent out invites today last year didn't they... jeez laweez

They sure did.

I really hope to wake up to hear about some invites!
same here same here i noticed youre pretty active in the tx threads do you have any preference for the tx schools like curriculum or city life etc , id be happy anywhere but don't know much of the difference only been to houston once

same here same here i noticed youre pretty active in the tx threads do you have any preference for the tx schools like curriculum or city life etc , id be happy anywhere but don't know much of the difference only been to houston once

Applying OOS as well and I have only really spent time in Dallas and Fort Worth; love the areas.

I would be thrilled to go anywhere in Texas though (especially College Station)!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I know the day is far from over, but I do wonder if A&M (and TTUHSC-Lubbock) are waiting until the first round of MCAT 2015 scores are released before they make any interview decisions. Isn't the first score release tomorrow? Lubbock is behind last year's schedule by two weeks at this point, and it does seem like it would be more fair to distribute the first round by considering the earliest MCAT 2015 scores. I have no dog in that game as I have an "old" score, but the question has been on my mind.

The April test takers already received their scaled scores @SweetCaroline7.

I didn't realize Tech was so much later.

Though it is possible that they sent out invites, but just not to anyone on SDN. :unsure:

Last edited:
:oops: Oops, totally thought that the April test takers were getting their scores this Saturday.

The next release is 6/30 for the May people.

I hope they don't plan on waiting for them!

The next release is 6/30 for the May people.

I hope they don't plan on waiting for them!

lol
IIRC schools in Texas send interview invites to OOS applicants first though.

edit: tend to

No secondary invite yet, is it safe to say that my application won't be considered?

Submitted 5/21, OOS, LizzyM 66

They sure did.

I really hope to wake up to hear about some invites!

I don't know of anyone who received an invite today. I don't know if that means they weren't sent, or if me and the bros just didn't get anything.

i hate the weekend because nothing mvoes forward on the weekend cant wait for monday

Should I make use of the 3500 character limit on the human condition prompt and should it be written in a traditional essay format? I'm currently sitting on about 1200 characters written in a format where each paragraph addresses a different experience that is relatively unrelated to the others. I could easily boost the character count by adopting a traditional essay format, but I'm worried that by saying "describe briefly" they are asking for something a little more condensed. Anyone have any thoughts?

I'm under review already but my committee letter has not been received yet:eyebrow:

Same thing happened to me. I believe the consensus is that the "under review" status is a filler status. I don't think A&M has actually started reviewing applications because I haven't seen anyone get that confirmation e-mail.

^ Wow you submitted really early! I'm sure you'll be under review soon.

For me, link to credit card payment has been broken for the last few days, so I can't even pay for my secondary.

Is this happening to anybody else?

Last edited:
BAMF was pretty smooth for me. gave me true for everything right away, and no problem with payment either. Hope you figured it out OrangeTub

^ Wow you submitted really early! I'm sure you'll be under review soon.

For me, link to credit card payment has been broken for the last few days, so I can't even pay for my secondary.

Is this happening to anybody else?

I have paid for my secondary as well, no "TRUE" yet either. I can wait though, my primary app is still stagnant and has not been transmitted to all the schools yet.

Guys, it used to show true for everything, but since it went under review it doesn't show me the status of anything except the secondary.

Mine is the same @YoungDrHopeful, been that way since the under review status on 5/21. I wonder if they've gotten rid of the "pending" status.

So it looks like I have to disclose my speeding tickets :/ hopefully this won't negatively affect me :(

I believe even minor traffic tickets count as misdemeanors in Texas even though I took defensive driving.
On TMDSAS, it explicitly states to NOT report minor traffic violations.

On TMDSAS, it explicitly states to NOT report minor traffic violations.
Yes I didn't put any for tmdsas but for A&M secondary, it says to check here if you have ever had a misdemeanor or felony charge and to explain ANY...blah blah This includes all dismissed charges as they will appear on a criminal background check

So I thought better safe than sorry..

Yes I didn't put any for tmdsas but for A&M secondary, it says to check here if you have ever had a misdemeanor or felony charge and to explain ANY...blah blah This includes all dismissed charges as they will appear on a criminal background check

So I thought better safe than sorry..
This is a bit concerning.

As you have mentioned correctly that speeding tickets are misdemeanors in ours state but TMDSAS tell you not to include any minor traffic violations so what are we left to do? I guess a short call to Admissions will have to resolve this.

I don't think traffic violations are considered misdemeanors.

Run a background check on yourself and see if it comes up?

You shouldn't have to disclose minor traffic violations. There is a reason TMDSAS explicitly tells you not to disclose these because traffic violations are technically not criminal acts, but violations of traffic codes. So yes, technically they are misdemeanors in Texas, but they should not reflect on a criminal background checks because they do not fit the category of a criminal offense, just a code violation. Now if med schools wanted a clean driving record....well, our doctor shortage would be even worse because almost EVERYONE gets a ticket every now and then.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone called and checked on what they have to say about traffic violations? I am not so much worried that my traffic violation will matter in my application but rather my traffic violation will hurt me because I did not say anything on the secondary... If no one has called, I think I will call tomorrow and ask them about it.

Has anyone called and checked on what they have to say about traffic violations? I am not so much worried that my traffic violation will matter in my application but rather my traffic violation will hurt me because I did not say anything on the secondary... If no one has called, I think I will call tomorrow and ask them about it.

Only if it is listed as a misdemeanor, which it often (always?) is in Texas. Have you had a background check? Does your citation show it as a Class "C" Misdemeanor? If so, I would update the school apologetically.

Also ask them when they plan on giving out interview invites. ;)

A speeding ticket won't keep you out of medical school

So I called, and the admissions guy I talked to said it shouldn't be an issue in the slightest. If it is the case where you unintentionally didn't disclose something (a traffic infraction is easy to forget!) then you just write a statement in a word document, e-mail it to whoever you talk to, and they attach it to your secondary application wherever it should go. No harm, no foul, and they probably appreciate the fact that you sought to correct the problem once your ignorance has been removed instead of burying your head in the sand and playing dumb.

I also called. They informed me that they are basically asking the same question as the one on TMDSAS and therefore you do not need to say anything about minor traffic violations even if TX considers them misdemeanors.

And for everyone saying this, I don't think anyone here thinks that a speeding ticket will keep them out of medical school (myself included), but lying about not having a speeding ticket if they do in fact expect you to tell them about it will definitely keep you from getting an interview or admitted into the school. Liars don't make good physicians!