2014-2015 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received an II without a LOR from a physician? Anyone have an idea of how important it is for someone with a LizzyM~70?
I didn't have one and I got an interview invite.

Members don't see this ad.

I am an IS applicant (not a star applicant). I got an II about a week ago. I just want to say to all the people who are down because you don't think you have the stats to get into medical school that there is hope. There are really schools out there who look at your file holistically and want to give you a chance to get to know you more. MCG is such a school. So, do your best to control what you can control and let the rest take care of itself!

So should we be hearing tomorrow or Thursday? I know last year people heard the 16th, but I'm really hoping tomorrow...has anyone heard any indications?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anxiously waiting and hoping! I'm tempted to call the admissions office and ask when we can expect the first round of acceptances to go out..has anyone else heard anything?

Anxiously waiting and hoping! I'm tempted to call the admissions office and ask when we can expect the first round of acceptances to go out..has anyone else heard anything?

You're it. :D

I called but didn't really get an exact answer..I asked what was the earliest date/Time that they send out acceptances, and she told me that it really just depends on when they review your file..and then she said the committee meets on Thursday nights and sends out acceptances after that.

Does anybody know if 9/30 was the earliest interview date this year?

There is an Open House this Saturday at the Athens campus. Doors open at 10am and the program starts at 10:30am.

The Open House features brief remarks from Deans, a student panel, student led tours and a meet & greet with Deans, professors and students.

Anyone interested in learning more about the Athens campus is invited to attend.

Good luck everyone!

I'm curious about this too. As far as I know no news yet. Maybe tomorrow? An acceptance would be a great start to the weekend!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
lol. No word today...so far. Did someone confirm that the adcoms met yesterday?

It is nearly ridiculous for me to expect to hear anything today since I interviewed last week.
Nonetheless, productivity is at 0. Zilch.

P.S. I wish this thread had more activity. Misery loves company.

Reactions: 2 users
Don't worry, I'm right there with you. Can't focus on jack and keep checking this page for any sort of confirmation.

Reactions: 3 users
Same here..this waiting game is pure torture.

Guys I hate this. I feel like they would have already emailed us by now if today was the day. But at least none of us have heard?

Every email is a dagger to the heart. I need to hire someone to screen them.

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed Oct 14th, so I'm really being impatient haha. I think so far only ED applicants have heard back, right?

This is really nervewracking...has anyoneee heard back?

Yeah, I applied early and we heard back way earlier than October 1st. I got my email on September 8th. Obviously I was deferred... Haha.

Yeah, I applied early and we heard back way earlier than October 1st. I got my email on September 8th. Obviously I was deferred... Haha.
Do you plan on applying RD for MCG? Best of luck for the rest of this cycle! =)

Looks like it could be a long weekend with no news :(

Rational me knows that it's VERY EARLY in the cycle.

Irrational me is stopping by Trader Joe's for some 2-buck chuck.

On my interview day, the staff encouraged updates if you have them.
If I don't hear back after a few weeks, I'll be uploading an update to keep my app fresh.
As long as you haven't heard back, your file is coming up for vote over and over in the adcoms meetings.
You need 8 votes of 15 for action, whether it by accept, reject, wait list. No decision means you haven't gotten 8 votes for any action.
(At least that's how I understood the process.)

Oh ok that's good to know. So I wonder if the committee did meet yesterday?

If not this Thursday, then next maybe? I was looking at last year's thread, and it looks like acceptances are given on Fridays.

Would it be entirely out of line to send flowers every Thursday afternoon with nothing by my AMCAS number on the card?

I need a distraction.

Would it be entirely out of line to send flowers every Thursday afternoon with nothing by my AMCAS number on the card?

I need a distraction.
Haha, I'll supplement with boxes of quality chocolate XD

I am pretty sure that last year the first acceptances went out Oct 16, which was a Wednesday. Maybe I am wrong. Either way this wait is killing me. I am just curious as to why they wait so long before sending out that first batch of acceptances. You figured the first group interviewed the 8th of Sept. Secrets of the admissions committee.

Yep, the first batch was Oct. 16th last year. That's why I was really hoping that this Friday would be the first round of acceptances. The struggle continues.

Do you plan on applying RD for MCG? Best of luck for the rest of this cycle! =)
I appreciate it! And yeah, once deferred my application got automatically switched over to RD. So I'm assuming I'm in the same boat as you all.

I appreciate it! And yeah, once deferred my application got automatically switched over to RD. So I'm assuming I'm in the same boat as you all.
No problem! =D May we all have acceptances flowing through our inboxes. =)

So from a previous applicant, I heard they didn't really send any decisions out until November of last year regardless of interview date.

So from a previous applicant, I heard they didn't really send any decisions out until November of last year regardless of interview date.

They sent out some RD acceptances around October 16th according to the 2013-2014 application thread.

Here's to hoping we start getting some news this week!

Does anyone know if MCG rejects and notifies applicants pre-interview? Or does that usually occur at the end of the application cycle?

Does anyone know if MCG rejects and notifies applicants pre-interview? Or does that usually occur at the end of the application cycle?
It's rolling admission, so MCG will reject people throughout the application cycle.

Maybe we'll hear something this Friday. Good luck everyone. =) Just out of curiosity, is this everyone's first choice?

My top choice is the school that accepts me. :)

I applied to 20 and no acceptances yet. :(

My top choice is the school that accepts me. :)

I applied to 20 and no acceptances yet. :(
Isn't that the truth lol. It's still early in the game. With 20 applications, you'll get in somewhere =) I wish you the best!

Reactions: 1 users